British Speedway Forum
Brooksy

Somerset Vs Sheffield Pl Fri 17th May

Well! No Doyle, Morris nor Stead - very disappointing. :cry: Klindt for Doyle, Allen for Stead and r/r for Morris.

Without Doyle and Morris it is conceivable that the predicted League Champions could lose at home to one of the weakest PL teams this year. Klindt is an unknown quantity at the OTA, but unlikely to match Doyle's scoring potential, so huge pressure on the other 5 Rebels.

Luckily Sheffield have been poor away from Owlerton so the Rebels should still prevail, but it may be much closer than it ought to be.

Edited by Barney Rebel

Klindt could be a concern for you - whilst he should blow away the opposition at this level, he hasn't been what you would call consistent of late.

With 3 riders seeing the place for the first time you shouldn't, in theory, have any problems... but as we're away from home you can expect Wells to bang in double figures, with Allen and Hall capable of copying him we make at least make you sit up and think. Albin and Haines should like a track similar to Sheffield, but neither have done overly well over the last couple of meetings. Koppe has shown glimpses of the kind of speed needed to do well at the OTA, but tends to have come to grief whilst showing them. If Knight can pop out of the gate in front he should be able to cause some problems for those behind. Overall I think the rebels will end up with all of the points, but hopefully we can show some of the early season form that enabled us to take points from both Scunny and Leicester away from home

A strange decision to go for Klindt to replace Doyley, a bloke who has never seen our place, I`m guessing he was n`t first choice,hopefully he can get a double figure score.If ever there was an opportunity for our reserves to step up to the plate this is it. On form Josh should go through the card, and should Alex make his starts, he should also be ok. I shall be looking to see how Tom does tomorrow, he needs a decent score I think to kick start what has been a bit of a slow start this term.If all goes to plan, the Rebels by about 10 I would think.

A pity this rearraged Sheffield match could not have been booked for Friday 24th May, when no fixture at Oak Tree and Sheffield available. Scunthorpe could have come tomorrow they don't have a fixture, and that would have avoided fans having such a busy and expensive week with Scunthorpe at Oak tree Wednesday 29th May, The Pairs at Oak Tree on 31st May and the British GP on the Saturday. The only reason I can think of why this could not be done is presumably the rule that says Doyle must ride in a re arranged fixture would also apply to a brought forward fixture (Scunthorpe) as suggested. Speedway shoots itself in the foot again.

I will be giving this one a miss.

Edited by oldtimer

A pity this rearraged Sheffield match could not have been booked for Friday 24th May, when no fixture at Oak Tree and Sheffield available. Scunthorpe could have come tomorrow they don't have a fixture, and that would have avoided fans having such a busy and expensive week with Scunthorpe at Oak tree Wednesday 29th May, The Pairs at Oak Tree on 31st May and the British GP on the Saturday. The only reason I can think of why this could not be done is presumably the rule that says Doyle must ride in a re arranged fixture would also apply to a brought forward fixture (Scunthorpe) as suggested. Speedway shoots itself in the foot again.

I will be giving this one a miss.

I'm sat next to Gary on the way to Ippo and he's very disappointed that you won't be there Friday :)

• Like 1

Well! No Doyle, Morris nor Stead - very disappointing. :cry: Klindt for Doyle, Allen for Stead and r/r for Morris.

Without Doyle and Morris it is conceivable that the predicted League Champions could lose at home to one of the weakest PL teams this year. Klindt is an unknown quantity at the OTA, but unlikely to match Doyle's scoring potential, so huge pressure on the other 5 Rebels.

Luckily Sheffield have been poor away from Owlerton so the Rebels should still prevail, but it may be much closer than it ought to be.

You'l win..

You'l win..

But by how many? Enough for max points? I'm not so sure.

Edited by Barney Rebel

What no Howard!!!!!!!! :o

I would have made the effort if Doyle and Stead were riding, but have done something to my back last Saturday and I am seeing the Physiotherapist for the second time this week on Friday, so don't mind missing this match. If you want to arrange a collection for me Tiny to pay the Physio bill, I won't be too proud to accept it! :P

Going by tonight's result up at ippo, should be a relatively comfy win tomorrow for the Rebels. Granted, Doyley isn't there tomorrow but Josh, Alex and Kyle looked very good tonight so at home tomorrow they should be even better. The reserves on the other hand were again, very very poor. 1 point from 8 rides between them and that point was a procession as well! Stefan looks okay at home though so I feel that it will be Tom to get the chop soon if he doesn't improve soon.

Edited by RebelRebel

Don't worry you will win this match with ease. The Tigers are really struggling. Allen and Wells will score points but the rest are not at the races.

A strange decision to go for Klindt to replace Doyley, a bloke who has never seen our place, I`m guessing he was n`t first choice,hopefully he can get a double figure score.If ever there was an opportunity for our reserves to step up to the plate this is it. On form Josh should go through the card, and should Alex make his starts, he should also be ok. I shall be looking to see how Tom does tomorrow, he needs a decent score I think to kick start what has been a bit of a slow start this term.If all goes to plan, the Rebels by about 10 I would think.

I think you will find that Klindt is replacing Morris not Doyle.

I think you will find that you are wrong....... :wink:

What an absolute farce it is that the rules stipulate Doyle must ride for Birmingham tonight. What an embaressment this could turn into if we drop any points tonight.

Not what the official website says.

Just what rule is being used that means 1) Doyle should ride EL and 2) That Somerset can have a guest?

That'll be the rule that states the BSPA MC have the final say on everything!!

• Like 1