British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Kent Kings V Stoke 20/05/2013

Well it's been raining steadily all day in Ramsgate and I'm not at all surprised that it's off.

The kings were very unlucky with the weather today. There has been little or no rain in the rest of the south east and the forecast for heavy showers this evening appear to be wide of the mark.

I agree. The Kings were very unlucky to be hit by enough rain to force a postponement whereas according to BBC Weather predictions for the Sittingbourne area earlier in the day only had light rain forecast with a stop about 5pm. But that's the beauty of the weather that seems to bedevil our summers and ruin the speedway season.

Obviously we dont know how much rain the track has taken but reports of previous meetings say the track has a few bumps etc.So maybe more prudent to cancel than inexperienced riders falling,reruns etc with such a strict curfew in place.

Edited by Triple.H.

Obviously we dont know how much rain the track has taken but reports of previous meetings say the track has a few bumps etc.So maybe more prudent to cancel than inexperienced riders falling,reruns etc with such a strict curfew in place.

Who are these inexperienced riders ?

Why do you bother?

Bore off. :blink:

Why do you bother?

Bore off. :blink:

Valid question - odd responses. Perhaps the next three matches will identify them positively? Tough tests ahead for all the Kings in Buxton, Mildenhall and Isle of Wight. The sort of match where a rider experienced in all conditions is needed to help steady a fledgling side!

Here's a guide to the points scorers after two matches - Ben Morley 17, Steve Boxall 15, David Mason 11, Adam Kirby 7, Connor Coles 4, Jack Kingston 4, Sam Woods 4.

Scores have been amended and the following post from waco is now replied to.

Edited by Guest

I think you will find Ben Morley has scored 11 and 6=17 from 2 matches .. i wont go in to the rest..! Just ignore the Whipper...

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

I think you will find Ben Morley has scored 11 and 6=17 from 2 matches .. i wont go in to the rest..! Just ignore the Whipper...

You are correct. Thank you. I have amended my original Post so the Kent Kings scorers list now reads -

Ben Morley 17, Steve Boxall 15, David Mason 11, Adam Kirby 7, Connor Coles 4, Jack Kingston 4, Sam Woods 4.