British Speedway Forum

Not sure about that, have a feeling by the way Horton and Findlay were talking that if there is a stadium it might be multi purpose as they seem quite relaxed and happy that football was coming .

Do you honestly think that if Mick Horton was offered a six figure sum to surrender his lease, he wouldn't snap their hand off?

Sisu had a massive long term lease with acl - look what's happened there. All leases will be bought out I'm sure.

its possible they are looking for a training ground.

go to the football league site, get the minimum dimensions of a football pitch and then measure the infill...

it doesnt fit!

Do you honestly believe Coventry City Council would grant planning permission, for a new football stadium, when the very same Council are joint owners of ACL. Even SISU are aware that there would be no possibility of that happening, hence why they have always 'talked' of building a new stadium, outside the City borders.

Building a new football academy at Brandon would be hugely expensive, they would need 2 to 3 full size pitches, an indoor pitch, changing facilities, the stadium would have to go. Plus they then would have to buy and build a new stadium elsewhere, where is all this money coming from???

SISU are facing a massive fans boycott, and have admitted they haven't even sold 300 season tickets, which won't even cover the rent at Northampton. Financial Fair Play means that their playing budget will have to be slashed, hardly a recipe for 'persuading' fans to travel a 70 mile round trip for home matches.

SISU one aim is to get hold of the Ricoh Arena, hence why they are still pursuing their judicial review against Coventry Council over their 'loan' to ACL. If SISU have left the Ricoh for good why would they care now how the Arena was being financed??

No i dont think the Council will give them approval thats why i said surprisingly. Tim Fisher has already said the new stadium will be financed by loans, we will be £30 million pound in debt before we even move into a new stadium. We all know they want to Ricoh cheap but that is never going to happen. If we are to play at Northampton we will not finish the season that is a fact. 300 season tickets have been taken up but that also includes players families etc not paying for them. I have no idea what they are thinking!

Sisu had a massive long term lease with acl - look what's happened there. All leases will be bought out I'm sure.

Legally that lease is still in place.

go to the football league site, get the minimum dimensions of a football pitch and then measure the infill...

it doesnt fit!

They need an academy. They have left the Alan Higgs Centre, they stopped paying rent for that also.

• Like 1

Why is every one bending over backwards to please Sisu They have dragged the City to a new low No ground, they seem to be blackmailing Cov City Council and a third rate team

• Like 1

I think they are bending over backwards to keep the city in the city.

I am sure Coventry city council would love to shove the corner flags of the Ricoh right up sisu where it makes your eyes water.

• Like 1

it doesnt fit!

There is plenty of room on the carpark to lay some turf if they wanted

Report in the Sun that a new 10 year agreement for the Ricoh has been offered to Coventry City at a 'substantially reduced rent'!!!

Surprise, surprise!!

Report in the Sun that a new 10 year agreement for the Ricoh has been offered to Coventry City at a 'substantially reduced rent'!!!

Yes the rent was £1.2 million but the new offer is 150k. Sisu will more than likely turn it down because they want match day revenue from food and drink. New rules say clubs can only spend 60% of revenue on players wages so Sisu will use that excuse to turn it down even though there match day tickets sales will significantly increase if they moved back to the Ricoh from Northampton

So now that coventry city have been liquadated, how will this affect the sale of the stadium?

So now that coventry city have been liquadated, how will this affect the sale of the stadium?

Coventry City Limited? Is that a separate/different/'Holding' company?

limited have the golden share, so basically ccfc will go down the tubes

no new stadium required. AFC CC will be born and will play football at the ricoh!

Edited by philfromcov
  • Like 1

limited have the golden share, so basically ccfc will go down the tubes

no new stadium required. AFC CC will be born and will play football at the ricoh!

Not the way I understand it.

CCFC Ltd ( a subsidiary of Sisu) will be liquidated. The receiver will then sell the assets of the football club to Otuim Entertainment (another subsidiary of Sisu) who will play at Northampton whilst looking to build a new stadium in Coventry.

Or have I got it wrong?