British Speedway Forum

Does Vaculik winning the SEC title give him a good argument for a wildcard now? Despite his ordinary GP performances?

Good for him for being realistic.

I notice i the article about GP rider being banned from the SEC that it says Greg Laguta has been invited into the GPs. Hopefully thats true

I imagine Vaculik + Laguta would opt for the SEC as their chances of winning more money than in the GPs is fairly high.For those riders who aren't going to be challenging for the title it is better to earn big money riding in Europe than traipsing around making up the numbers and not earning much.Could well be easier to attract sponsors with the SEC being on Eurosport than on some pay for tv channel as well

Personally I thinks Holder and Gollob will definitely get a wild card. And the organisers will then pick Lindgren and Jonsson, for the other two wild cards.

Edited by Robbie B

I think Laguta has a decent chance of becoming world champ.

He's top 6 material for me.

Totally agree with the crazy person. The top 8 now known has thrown the SGP into a bit of a quandry as Zagar has thrown a spanner in the works.

No Swede worth a pick (how we Brits know that feeling) but one will be picked so with Holder and Gollob that's ONE pick left.

It's a no brainer really as greg Laguta has proved himself one of the most exciting riders of 2013 and the SGP would be INSANE if it did not hand it to him.

Maybe Gollob won't be fit or will give it a miss but if not ditto Tomasz Gollob.

Gollob & Holder are nailed on certs for Wild Card picks,it was mentioned last night that Gollob would be fit to return in three months leaving him enough time to prepare for New Zealand.Im less certain on Holders fitness being ready for March next season,though now he`s at least out of a wheel chair hopefully that will quicken his recovery.If either one of them fails to be fit for New Zealand that might open up another pick.

One of the other picks will be a Swede,Jonsson would seem to have the best claims as he has missed a couple of rounds and he`ll argue that he mightve qualified by right had he had a full season.The other pick could go to quite a few riders,but winning the European Champs last week might put Vaculik to the top of that particular group.

If Holder is given a pick but not fit to start I take it that Chris Harris would be in until Holder returned?

If Holder is given a pick but not fit to start I take it that Chris Harris would be in until Holder returned?

Id find it hard to understand should Holder get a pick if hes unable to make New Zealand,and even harder to understand Harris being anywhere near the GP series next year.

Personally I thinks Holder and Gollob will definitely get a wild card. And the organisers will then pick Lindgren and Jonsson, for the other two wild cards.

Let's hope not Lindgren as he is total pants. Missed the boat and now firmly on the submarine.

Think Rolf Harris be a better bet.
  • Like 2

Id find it hard to understand should Holder get a pick if hes unable to make New Zealand,and even harder to understand Harris being anywhere near the GP series next year.

As Harris is next in line from the GP challenge final, he would replace any injured rider under the current rules.

I think it is fairly easy for BSI to justify Holder, Gollob, Lindgren and Jonsson based on current standings. They did the same a few years ago to justify Harris inclusion. I feel they may do the same to keep in two Swedes.

Holder if not fit will probably turn up in New Zealand ride and pull out then Harris replaces him until he is fit as next in line. No point giving up his place as Ward proves you can make top 8 despite missing multiple rounds.

Bjerre replaces Lindback, Slominski replaces Vaculik as the only changes.

Commercially Laguta does not offer BSI anything above the Swedes. Although he is a better rider.

• Like 1

Commercially Laguta does not offer BSI anything above the Swedes. Although he is a better rider.

That is a very fair but sad point. Until Russia is involved in SGP either of the Laguta brothers is not as attractive to the series as Swedish riders even if both Russians are head and shoulders above the likes of Jonsson on current form.

Holder and Gollob nailed on.

The other 2 picks will be Jonsson and Laguta i feel.

Please no more talk of it being Jonasson lol

There will be a swede and i reckon it will be Jonsson over Lindgren though for someone to say Lindgren shouldnt be in it is just talking rubbish. On his day he is one of the top 16 in the world and domestically always near top of the averages. He has had a bad year and suffered with injuries.

Personally i wouldnt pick Freddie but then again he could be picked and suprise everyone.

Lets be fair if anybody out there predicted this years top 3 then they are lying!