British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Rye House V Plymouth (league Cup) 26th May @4pm

Second Rocket debut for temporary signing Robert Mear at an unfamiliar day and time... I'm not a fan of afternoon racing, especially at Rye House. You don't get to see the track at it's best in my opinion... Plymouth don't look to pose much of a threat, but could spring a surprise if they catch us off guard, but with Jason Bunyan back we should have enough to see the Devils off... Looking forward to a great BH weekend of speedway with the Peterborough/Coventry double header on Monday, my first visit to Brandon. Long range weather forecast looks promising with heavy rain on Friday, but nothing after that. Plenty of time for the track to settle down... Can't wait!

Edited by Shadders

Is Mear a temp signing?

He has today been 'rested' by Lakeside being replaced by Adam Ellis.

Is Mear a temp signing?

He has today been 'rested' by Lakeside being replaced by Adam Ellis.

Yes, According to the Rye website.

Kling not there. Will operate R/R for him

Is there a link for the updates for this meeting?

Another battering coming up for the Devils I fear.

Life can throw up the odd surprise or two!

Wrong CB :-)

Just seen the result on updates,incredible,if I had a hat I take it off to them, well done.

not many "opinionated" views on this performance from the devils!

Track terrible. Dry and dusty, set up nicely for the gating Devils, not for a team of mostly racers which the Rockets are these days.

Wells was a great guest, but the meeting was won at reserve, 4-16. Shockers from Lambert & Lykke, Also, two riders returning from injury and another who hasn't ridden competitively at Rye for 4 years to my knowledge. Meetings like this is why I dislike afternoons at Rye when it's not wet.

Special mention to Jake Anderson who surprised me with how competitive he was.

Thankfully the result was irrelevant. A chance to put things right in the next home meeting, ironically against Plymouth again when it will matter, hopefully on a decent surface.

One to forget for us today, but with a lesson having been learned.

Edited by Shadders

Well done the devils and by all accounts they will be an even better proposition next time the sides meet :-) only saying like :-)

• Like 1

Disappointing display by the Rockets today. May have been a 'dead rubber' but the players still have to earn a living. 11 zeros in 15 heats in a home fixture is not really good enough.

Track terrible. Dry and dusty.... Meetings like this is why I dislike afternoons at Rye

Totally agree. Absolute botch up today, and a stark reminder of just how bad Len is at staging afternoon meetings (not that I should need reminding after all these years!!!).

The meeting only had 2 small incidents, a loop at the start and 2 riders colliding on 4th bend, neither of which affected the fence yet the meeting took just on 2 hours to complete. There were a number of stoppages for riders having to take 2 rides in a row, which is unavoidable, but, if anyone had an ounce of organizational skill, track watering could have been done to coincide with this rather than at points where there should have been no need for delays. The additional delay for the water to 'permeate' being a low point as it was obvious was that it would just dry out meaning the whole delay was a waste of time.

Add to this some other random irritations, announcer - 'it's the return of super mear-io', the first aider not arriving again (once understandable, twice.....), 2 Rockets who appeared clearly unfit, Mellgren nowhere near his form of last year, and this was a day to forget.