British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Rye House V Plymouth (league Cup) 26th May @4pm

despite the delays, i thought it was a fair meeting today. well done to plymouth for putting up a decent performance on a lovely sunny afternoon.

Well deserved Plymouth win. I could nt understand how their results had been so bad. Awful track. The devils made most of the gates and it appeared almost impossible to pass unless someone took their life in their hands or someone made a mistake.Insipid display by the Rockets. No excuse that it was a dead rubber.Olly Allen and Tyson escape any criticism. Tried their hearts out. Mear a good effort. Clearly trying. Mellgren looked slow and disinterested as did kasper. Not good enough when fans pay good money to watch you.JB clearly just finding his way back. Great last ride. Someone needs to protect Simon and take him out of the firing line. Clearly nowhere near ready to return. Could nt even turn properly at the corners. Brave effort but his corner should throw the towel in for a while.

Someone needs to protect Simon and take him out of the firing line. Clearly nowhere near ready to return. Could nt even turn properly at the corners. Brave effort but his corner should throw the towel in for a while

You could see he was struggling to put any weight on his right foot when entering the bends. I presume it's the right ankle he broke, or perhaps just his stiff riding style. Clearly not 100%

:neutral: Overall despite the close result at Leicester on Saturday and the win at Rye House yesterday it seems to me reasonable to make some changes in the Plymouth team (included in that is the Team Manager). Taking the latter first and leaving aside the over optimistic comments he made earlier in the season, there have been some missed opportunities for example failure on more than one occasion to use Tactical rides when the team were behind and as allowed by the Regs. True this may not have made a difference to the outcome but points are points and although we will never know, such use of TRs might just have upped the confidence levels. There have been too many times when the visiting teams have come to Plymouth fired up to do well. Conversely, there has seemed to be a lack of will to fight for position and result by riders who are experienced and have performed well in the past. Is the operative word "past" - are some of them past their best. It is always a fine balance between an experienced rider still at their best and those who are not. Changes are needed and at least two new stars are need to boost team confidence by getting winning results, We shall see :neutral:

I think a lack of meetings affected the Rockets. Olly looked very good but he has had sine EL rides lately. Plymouth looked sharper but i think they were having their 4th meeting in as many days. Good to see Tommy back at Rye helping his brother. Lambo was unlucky in his first ride but didn't look fully fit, likewise with JB. Great choice of guest by Plymouth. Wells looks a different rider around Rye nowadays.

Good and well deserved win for the Devils, DVDs already edited, collectors item if you come from Devon!

Could you see anything through the dust?

Could you see anything through the dust?

Well, if you sit in the visitors stand, what do you expect.

Why not come and stand with the home supporters ? :rofl:

Well, if you sit in the visitors stand, what do you expect.

Why not come and stand with the home supporters ? :rofl:

Stand at speedway at my age?