British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Kent Kings V King's Lynn Young Stars, 3/06/2013

It all begins in earnest next Monday when it's home National League action against King's Lynn Young Stars.

An early prediction on my part: this is where Kent Kings will take their first - and deservedly so - win of the season.

Good luck to the King's Lynn Stars.. let's see if we can get an away win if we can field a full side :wink:

so, will the attendance be affected by lakeside now running on monday? - assume the kent promotion will have expected this scenario at some point during season.

so, will the attendance be affected by lakeside now running on monday? - assume the kent promotion will have expected this scenario at some point during season.

This is on the Lakeside website re Monday, June 3. It seems too far apart to have any effect on Kent Kings v ing's Lynn in my opinion but I suppose one must consider Sky TV viewers in the local area?:

"The Vortex Hammers will be back in action four days earlier than expected after last week’s rained off meeting against the Coventry Bees was quickly rearranged for this coming Monday, 3rd June, to feature as the night’s live Sky meeting."

Or maybe the local newcomers to Kent Kings have little interest in the sport outside their own side or know much about it elsewhere at the moment so it will not affect them in anyway. Those most likely to think twice will be the long-time speedway supporters who travel from afar. They JUST might be tempted by by a Lakeside-Coventy EL clash.

Edited by Guest

I thoroughly enjoyed my Sittingbourne experience on Monday and will be trying my best to get to Mondays league encounter. I just hope the time constraints put on the event aren't a problem and they manage to finish the match. Fingers crossed for the weather.

can anyone tell me if there is disabled/wheelchair viewing and what the terrain is like for walking please?

can anyone tell me if there is disabled/wheelchair viewing and what the terrain is like for walking please?

I am certain there is wheelchair access for greyhound racing which would mean, if this is confirmed, that similar facilities would exist for speedway? Sadly I have no idea in regard to the terrain at Central Park. Good luck in your quest.

thanks.

Disabled toilet facilities on the mezzanine level which divides the stand and sufficient space for wheelchairs there at the rear of the lower seating area. This has ramped access from the car park, via the pay area, and is all under cover. I believe there are lifts too from entrance level to the glass fronted facility at the rear of he upper seating. It seems very DDA compliant.

Edited by Mr Ore
  • Like 1

Disabled toilet facilities on the mezzanine level which divides the stand and sufficient space for wheelchairs there at the rear of the lower seating area. This has ramped access from the car park, via the pay area, and is all under cover. I believe there are lifts too from entrance level to the glass fronted facility at the rear of he upper seating. It seems very DDA compliant.

sounds good. thanks for that.

Taken from the Kent Kings Live Updates on twitter (https://twitter.com/kentkingslive):

Final Score 40 - 49 to the Kings Lynn Young Stars.

Kent Kings: 1)Boxall-8. 2)Woods-1. 3)Morley-10+1. 4)Coles-6. 5)Compton-9+1. 6)Kirby-6+1. 7)Kingston-0

Kings Lynn: 1)Worrall-9. 2)Waldron-4. 3)Mallett-11. 4)Hazelden-2+1. 5)Kerr-5. 6)Widman-2+1. 7)Rose-16+2

:approve:

• Like 2