British Speedway Forum

Nicholls has been very good value just as Chris Louis is.

Shame what should have been a great meeting has been ruined by a disgraceful track which has been quite frankly dangerous and resulted in 2 injuries and could have been a lot more.

The racing was only exciting because riders were all over the place. Kasprzak was very unlucky in the final but glad Emil won as he is a class act on and off the track.

As for Tai...just hope this injury doesn't set him back too much. Real shame.

Damn shame about Woofy.

Track a bit rough but what a recovery from Emil in the final.

A well deserved victor and hopefully can go on and win the whole bloody thing.

Hopefully Woffy will be back soon and get a rostrum place as the lad deserves it.

Also an honourable mention to Chris Harris for the race of the night.

Just when I was wittering on about how he had whined his way into another GP he goes and to quote Scotty 'shuts us idiots up'.

Pity he could not have gotten a SF but he did probably deserve his spot in the end.

Now all I want is Russia to win the SGP. :)

Looked a good crowd and that opening introduction sequence was pretty damn good.

At last speedway getting the hang of giving the sport a sense of style.

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 1

The FIM have just announced that BSI will no longer be running the GP series in 2014. The contract has been awarded to Camelot. Explaining the decision FIM chairman Alberto Bertorelli said 'What a mistakea to makea. We are confident that Camelot will deliver, they are very experienced at running a lottery'.

• Like 2

Bear in mind we were fearing no GP yesterday or a 'farce'. This was NOT a farce,

C'mon Paul. Tell that to Tai or Nicki.

Just over a year ago we lost a speedway rider due to a dangerous track but year after year they hold a gp where ruts appear after only a couple of heats. It's not fair on asking the riders to ride on a dangerous track. It's also not fair on the playing public when you see world class riders like gollob/Hancock ect give up the ghost when 4th due to not wanting to risk it cos of the dangers.

Edited by josietoms
  • Like 3

It is easy to blame the track a disgrace, but sadly when you have these non-speedway venues, we are always going to get the odd year where the track is like this.

I just find it unacceptable that, when the organizers put the riders out on a poor and dangerous track, we should just shrug our shoulders and say 'that's life'? I am sure that the usual suspects will be here soon enough though to explain how we don't know just what goes into the track preparation, and how heroic the organizers are for getting us lucky people a meeting on in such difficult circumstances.

Edited by JC!
  • Like 1

I just find it unacceptable that, when the organizers put the riders out on a poor and dangerous track, we should just shrug our shoulders and say 'that's life'? I am sure that the usual suspects will be here soon enough though to explain how we don't know just what goes into the track preparation, and how heroic the organizers are for getting us lucky people a meeting on in such difficult circumstances.

First of all, if it was truly dangerous, the riders would have refused to ride on it I am sure of that. But we have to be realistic, at this temp speedway stadia we are never going to get 100% perfect tracks. But whilst the crowds flog to Cardiff and buy their tickets, they will keep hosting them there.

I thought Scott Nicholls summarising was great very articulate given the circumstances.

I can see a cheeky wee TV career on the horizon when he hangs up his kevlars.

• Like 4

C'mon Paul. Tell that to Tai or Nicki.

I don't disagree with your observations that the track broke up in places. However, riders get injured in thousands of other meetings and there isn't a clamour to brand the track a disgrace etc. and there are matches raced throughout the world during the week on tracks that break up at times.

Surely you must have enjoyed parts of the meeting? Was also pleasing the stands weren't deserted and, to me anyways, seemed to be an improved crowd from last year?, unless they were more spaced out but not so much to leave huge gaps.

• Like 1

Track prep isn't an exact art,but we know the one thing they have got sorted is the temp tracks.If it wasn't down to a crazed tractor driver or the silencers it must be a few soppy truck drivers who get the blame,not the organizers.I mean come on honestly....the track wasn't good enough for a practice yesterday so why like i said this morning did they have one today hours before the meeting instead of using the hours to get it sorted,rather than ripped up again?Phil will tell us the truth when he gets back to the hotel

Edited by iris123

How refreshing to have Sophie Blake back asking sensible questions, and hubby Scott was very good to,I would like to see them on Sky's coverage much better in my opinion.

• Like 6

I don't disagree with your observations that the track broke up in places. However, riders get injured in thousands of other meetings and there isn't a clamour to brand the track a disgrace etc. and there are matches raced throughout the world during the week on tracks that break up at times.

Surely you must have enjoyed parts of the meeting? Was also pleasing the stands weren't deserted and, to me anyways, seemed to be an improved crowd from last year?, unless they were more spaced out but not so much to leave huge gaps.

A lot of what you say is true, but I would prefer to see quality racing when you have the world's top riders in a meeting.

A wasted opportunity.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 2