British Speedway Forum

Been told there will be an announcement released at 6am.....need to sort out what could be a total disaster!

the shale has not been changed it is the same as last year...literally. the track is being relaid overnight.

the shale has not been changed it is the same as last year...literally. the track is being relaid overnight.

Then why does it have to be re-laid? Its not as though they've had 2 days to do it.. and why is new shale being drafted in? Rubbish. Heads want banging together..

Edited by Starman2006

Fingers firmly crossed that this resolves it. Given the current state of British speedway we can I'll afford for our flagship meeting to be shambolic.

FFS.

Hope they get it fixed, a lot of punters have spent a lot of money to attend.

Heard a story of changing start time?...how can they when people will risk missing the already limited trains back in the evening?

Fingers firmly crossed that this resolves it. Given the current state of British speedway we can I'll afford for our flagship meeting to be shambolic.

Whose flagship meeting?

It may be held in Britain, but remind me what British Speedway gets out of it?

It's not as if a Brit winning it makes much difference to the outside world, so it won't have much effect either way.

If there is going to be an announcement at 6.00 tomorrow morning the signs do not look good at al, l for the GP to go ahead tomorrow at 17.00. If there is nothing to worry about when why make a statement about it.. That could leave the alternative of delaying the start time until later or postpone it until Sunday or the worse possible answer cancel it altogether. Let's hope the Gp still takes place tomorrow otherwise the GP's will be finished in this country.

The organisers will do everything in their power to get it on. I read that the shale originally bought in was damp therefore didnt settle well. The new shale should sort that so im cautiously hopeful it will go ahead.

Edited by woz01

@buzzbar28: @garypatchett new shale from Breedon on the way but won't be there until after 1am then trying to do 3 days work in 7hrs decision at 6am.

@ALindbck: Practice cancelled, not even sure there will be race tomorrow! :/ #BritishSGP

How has it gone so wrong? Track has been one of the best in the gp. Not looking very promising.

Already decided to give it a miss this year but hope to God its on for everyone that has forked out a lot of expense and have also looked forward to it...would be a disgrace if it isnt on at this late stage

Whose flagship meeting?

It may be held in Britain, but remind me what British Speedway gets out of it?

It's not as if a Brit winning it makes much difference to the outside world, so it won't have much effect either way.

OK, perhaps flagship may have been the wrong word. What I meant is that British speedway is perhaps at its lowest ever point and this is a meeting where the bulk of our regular supporters are likely to be attending. Supporters who are already frustrated by many issues. A shambolic GP is hardly likely to improve this.

And the irony of it is, that this shambles is totally outside of the control of the BSPA.

God knows, they screw up enough things on their own, I don't remember them appealing for help.

• Like 1

Mdmc82, perhaps they thought that they could make the profit a little bigger by cutting a day or two or so

from track construction time. Normally there would enough time for track to settle but if they opted for shorter

construction the track would not have the necessary settlingtime, which will make track loose and soft.

• Like 1

The reports I have been hearing this evening seem to indicate the shale is stored in Wales all year but the bad cold and wet winter has knackered it making it like quick sand and sloppy.

Hopefully they can sort it out overnight and get a track relaid in time as seems many reports that they are having to start again with track

Hope to god its on... Been able to cancel going to start isle of wight festival work early so i can go tomorrow!!! Be pissed off if its cancelled!