British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

International Best Pairs - 8th June (eurosport)

Maybe someone could contact the organisers-on behalf of the european TV viewers and ask for the heat details so we can follow the meeting with a score chart.

info@speedwaypairs.com

biuro@onesportmarketing.pl

I suppose we will know at some point the details when Sportowefafty post their live updates page.

There's not really any panic yet that we won't get the details in advance. I'm pretty sure they really haven't confirmed the riders participating yet, yeah i know that is bad. At the end of the day if we get the team line-ups and riding order about half an hour before the meeting begins then anyone doing racecards can quickly put them on the servers, although there's going to be a bit of a load as everyone downloads them at once.

Someone pointed out the other year when we were all complaining because we were unsure of a World Cup line-up on the day of the meeting that football doesn't issue their team line-ups until an hour before kick-off.

Hope the record floods that are hitting parts of Europe including Poland - some of them the highest since the 16th century! - aren't near the speedway track. I haven't a clue what part of Poland the track is in, i'll have a quick look later. The Czech GP in Prague was fortunately timed well this year. Travel in Prague and other areas is heavily affected from what i've been told.

UPDATE A quick check out of curiosity reveals today's weather in Torun...Thunderstorms locally with hail can occur accompanied by intense precipitation and wind gusts to 90 km/h...eeeeek!

Edited by manchesterpaul

I have only just thought about this-will be interesting(to me anyway if no-one else :lol: )who Eurosport are going to employ to commentate for the English speaking viewers.It certainly won`t be anyone employed by Sky-so will they use someone who knows about Speedway or use someone from their stable of "bike commentators ".

I have only just thought about this-will be interesting(to me anyway if no-one else :lol: )who Eurosport are going to employ to commentate for the English speaking viewers.It certainly won`t be anyone employed by Sky-so will they use someone who knows about Speedway or use someone from their stable of "bike commentators ".

Who did the first GP before Pearson and Tatum came back? Was he any good?

Eastbourne have confirmed that Dryml is riding for them sat night so they are not sure why his name shows on this site as riding with his brother.

Do they have teams sorted?

Will this meeting only 1 week away, does anybody have the final line up?

The eurosport website for it still only has;

Australia: 1.Holder. 2. ? Reserve: ?

USA: 1.Hancock. 2.Fisher. Reserve: ?

Poland: 1.Hampel. 2.Gollob. Reserve: Adrian

Denmark: 1. N Pedersen. 2. ? Reserve: ?

Czech: 1.A Dryml. 2.L Dryml. Reserve: ?

Russia: 1.Emil. 2. G Laguta. Reserve: A Laguta

Sweden: 1.Lindback. 2.AJ. Reserve: ?

Can anybody fill in the blanks? X

Eastbourne have confirmed that Dryml is riding for them sat night so they are not sure why his name shows on this site as riding with his brother.

Do they have teams sorted?

The official website has an even more improbable line-up listed as of today 5th June 10:30am BST.

AUSTRALIA

1. Chris Holder

2. Darcy Ward!!! (he's injured isn't he?)

3. ???

CZECH REPUBLIC

1. Ales Dryml

2. Lukas Dryml!!! (forgot that mdmc82 mentioned Eastbourne said he's riding for them on Saturday)

3. ???

DENMARK

1. Nicki Pedersen!!!(he's injured isn't he? also declared he might be taking a month of and having treatment all week)

2. ???

3. ???

POLAND

1. Tomasz Golllob

2. Jaroslaw Hampel

3. ???

RUSSIA

1. Emil Sayfutdinov

2. Grigory Laguta

3. Artem Laguta

SWEDEN

1. Andreas Jonsson

2. Antonio Lindback

3. ???

USA

1. Greg Hancock

2. ???

3. ???

Edited by manchesterpaul

The organisers need to get the riders sorted asap!! Darcy Ward will not be riding - he said as much at Cardiff on Saturday. Lukas Dryml riding for Eagles. Pedersen out injured. Poland (Miedzinski reserve) and Russia the only ones confirmed.

Ryan Fisher to partner Greg, I think?

Jan Staechmann doing pits interviews

This whole meeting seems to be getting a bit farcical. There doesn't seem to be much news/team information about it anywhere.

This whole meeting seems to be getting a bit farcical. There doesn't seem to be much news/team information about it anywhere.

and believe me i've worn Google out and in several languages too. Even riders slated as appearing or potential to take part have scant mention of it on Twitter.

and believe me i've worn Google out and in several languages too. Even riders slated as appearing or potential to take part have scant mention of it on Twitter.

Not correct, Holder and Lemon were talking about race-suits and Emil's had a video up.

Here is a video..

and this one from 2 days ago with Emil :

Confirmed lineups for Saturday (source One Sport Marketing).

Sweden

1. Andreas Jonsson

2. Antonio Lindback

15. Peter Ljung

Manager: Bosse Wirebrand

AUSTRALIA

3. Chris Holder

4. Davey Watt

Manager: Travis McGowan

USA

5. Greg Hancock

6. Ryan Fisher

Manager: Billy Hamill

ROSJA

7. Emil Sayfutdinov

8. Grigorij Laguta

18. Artem Laguta

Manager: Tomasz Suskiewicz

CZECHY

9. Ales Dryml

10. Tomas Suchanek

19. MATEJ ZAGAR (guest)

Manager: Milan Spinka

POLSKA

11. Tomasz Gollob

12. Jarosław Hampel

20. Adrian Miedziński

Manager: Marek Cieslak

DANIA

13. Nicki Pedersen

14. Michael Jepsen Jensen

21. Hans Andersen

Manager: Anders Secher

Hopefully Nicki will be fit enough to ride as Motoarena track is normally pretty slick.

Good stuff to use Zagar as a guest (Lukas, Franc, Milik not available) as Czechs looked poor without him.

Poland and Russia strongest on paper with Denmark not far behind. Sweden and Australia able to be in the mix of course. USA with Greg and Fish I think will be joy to watch as well.

All in all great meeting in prospect and personally can't wait!

Including Matej Zagar as part of the Czech team may make their line-up stronger, but it reduces the credibility of the event in my opinion, as one team is now a 'best of who's available line-up.' If the Czechs weren't able to field a strong enough team of their own, they shouldn't have been included in the first place.

• Like 1

Including Matej Zagar as part of the Czech team may make their line-up stronger, but it reduces the credibility of the event in my opinion, as one team is now a 'best of who's available line-up.' If the Czechs weren't able to field a strong enough team of their own, they shouldn't have been included in the first place.

It is a big show which hopefully will be big success for Eurosport (worldwide coverage to 71 countries).

All we all should want is great racing as sport needs to be promoted that way. Zagar makes field stronger and personally I'm happy with that.

There will always be some people like you. :(

It is a big show which hopefully will be big success for Eurosport (worldwide coverage to 71 countries).

All we all should want is great racing as sport needs to be promoted that way. Zagar makes field stronger and personally I'm happy with that.

There will always be some people like you. :(

I appreciate with the event being staged in your home country you'll be defensive of it, but that's a little harsh, he has a valid point with which i agree with too. The 'farcical' aspect is easily solved, see below.

It should still be a fantastic spectacle that only Poland could stage. I look forward to it hugely.

Many thanks for giving us the 'confirmed' line-up although it's still not complete and i hope we are going to get an Australian reserve for Australia and an American reserve for America and not two local Polish riders!

Agree strongly that it devalues the event and that could have been avoided simply by calling the team Czech Rep/Slovenia.