British Speedway Forum
Najjer

Somerset Vs. Rye House (07/06/2013 @ 7.30)

Currently motoring down the M5 en route from the Bandits dismal display at Sheffield last night.

Not expecting much tonight, reckon we'll do well to hit 35 points.

Clouded over since we passed Brum with the forecast saying a light shower between 4 and 5, steady rain around 10. Should be ok though.

Lewis Kerr guesting for Tom Perry I believe

It'll be alright, get the covers on!

If only... Hopefully what is passing over just now will soon be gone and we can look forward to a generally dry evening. Rebels by 20?

If only... Hopefully what is passing over just now will soon be gone and we can look forward to a generally dry evening. Rebels by 20?

Assuming we have no more rain, we should win and win well.

Assuming we have no more rain, we should win and win well.

Change "should" to "will" and you'll be spot on

I was wondering when one of you Rebels fans was going to start a thread for this meeting. I mean, no rain about tonight!!!

I was wondering when one of you Rebels fans was going to start a thread for this meeting. I mean, no rain about tonight!!!

Maybe not in Poole, but it has been raining here this afternoon - warm rain at that! Looks like it may have passed over now, so all systems go!

Maybe not in Poole, but it has been raining here this afternoon - warm rain at that! Looks like it may have passed over now, so all systems go!

Some blue sky over the track now

Instant heat by heat updates via Twitter @shadders5

There, that was better, eh Naijer!!!

Woeful, inept, embarrassing, pathetic. Just some words that describe what I saw tonight from my team. Can't wait to hear Silver big this up tomorrow, but I doubt he'll mention it. He should be on the mic apologising to the travelling fans (I counted 3) who had to stand and watch that sh*t. Only Anders, Jason and in the latter part of the meeting Olly are exempt from criticism. Nelson had an appalling evening, looked all over the place. The reserves were toothless. Kasper had one decent race when he kept the impressive Lewis Kerr at bay, but that was about it. May as well forget Simon Lambert. About as effective as a chocolate fire guard. Robert Mear, oh dear. Didn't beat an opposing rider and never looked like doing so. Pathetic. 6 points from 16 rides for our bottom 4 is crap.

Crowd looked down from previous visits. About a third less than last time I was there for a PL meeting.

To make matters worse, the M4 was closed at the M5 junction, so we're currently taking a magical mystery tour through Bristol. At least I wasn't set upon by Somerset fans tonight. They were too busy laughing.

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Sounds like the Rockets misfired big time tonight. The Devils are on the up so wouldn't be surprised if they won at Rye House again tomoro night!

Woeful, inept, embarrassing, pathetic. Just some words that describe what I saw tonight from my team. Can't wait to hear Silver big this up tomorrow, but I doubt he'll mention it. He should be on the mic apologising to the travelling fans (I counted 3) who had to stand and watch that sh*t. Only Anders, Jason and in the latter part of the meeting Olly are exempt from criticism. Nelson had an appalling evening, looked all over the place. The reserves were toothless. Kasper had one decent race when he kept the impressive Lewis Kerr at bay, but that was about it. May as well forget Simon Lambert. About as effective as a chocolate fire guard. Robert Mear, oh dear. Didn't beat an opposing rider and never looked like doing so. Pathetic. 6 points from 16 rides for our bottom 4 is crap.

I'd say you've summed it up pretty well, even with Doyley feeling 'it' the Rockets were a complete embaressment Mellgren apart, and were completely shown up by the Rebels. Is that really Robert Mear riding for Rye House? I remember him coming here a few seasons back and looking a real handful, he was absolute garbage tonight - a pale shadow of his former self.

Some pretty good racing tonight, Morris and Mellgren's race was I'd say the pick of the lot.

Crowd looked down from previous visits. About a third less than last time I was there for a PL meeting.

To make matters worse, the M4 was closed at the M5 junction, so we're currently taking a magical mystery tour through Bristol. At least I wasn't set upon by Somerset fans tonight. They were too busy laughing.

The Robert Mear you saw tonight was the one we at Lakeside have been experiencing.That is why he has been rested and Kevin Doolan signed in his place.

Thought we'd lose but this takes the biscuit. I can understand Lykke still finding his feet and Simon coming back from injury to a certain extent but Nelson is much better than 0 points. 3 points for Elite League rider Robert Mear... that was a woeful performance. We've missed Jason Garrity's balls to the wall performances and the sooner he is back the better. The frustration on my part is that on paper we have a side capable of living with the likes of Somerset home and away.