British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
semion

Stoke And Comments In The Kings Lynn Programme

Reading Dale Allitts Column last night it appears The Kings Lynn Young Stars had all sorts to put up with at their recent trip to Stoke. Track in its worst ever state, and dangerous, riders not happy to race on it. No lighting in the changing rooms or toilets. The Stoke Promoter threatening to punch someone from the Kings Lynn team in the face. It appears Lynn are not prepared to ride in the 4's meeting at Stoke, and have applied to have it moved to another track. To think Stoke where once a respected Prmier League outfit.

I am surprised a good old Norfolk boy like Malc Vasey wants to be involved with a club like that. Or is it all a storm in a teacup ?

Edited by semion

track was dreadful. meeting was dreadful, i for one wont be going back in a hurry.

Its not like Dale to make comments like that. He's as passionate about his speedway as anyone I have met but in contrast with some of the others he's very fair too.

Mildenhall weren't impressed either, apparently.

I am due to go on Saturday (weather permitting) so I'll say my piece then.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Interesting.

Track wasn't at its best, but those who attacked it got their rewards, as proven with Kyle Hughes posting quick times. To say it was in its "Worst state ever" is a bit much. From a fans PoV, the falls mainly came about through inexperience, other than potentially the heat 12 incident where both KL riders lifted on bend 3. Unfortunately for KL, most of the time Stoke were out of the gate quicker, and they didn't seem able to pass. Lewis Kerr had a terrible meeting, with two EF's (Of which I am sure the track was to blame...) and a fall, but it was a team who just wasn't at the races.

I can't comment on the pits situation, because I am not privy to what goes on there, other than to say I presume Mr Allitt has offered to pay for the telephone that he broke in the pits? My thoughts on the Stoke promotion have been made clear in other threads, so I'm not going to go back over them here.

As for Saturday, given that it currently appears to be monsoon season outside, it may not be possible to judge for yourself!

it wasnt just the track, the whole presentation was poor. the stadium is a dive, the facilities are terrible. the tractor broke down on track, then the air fence collapsed as well/

it wasnt just the track, the whole presentation was poor. the stadium is a dive, the facilities are terrible. the tractor broke down on track, then the air fence collapsed as well/

Stoke has never been comparable to the ritz, and given that our normal centre green announcer was in the box doing the results, the presentation wouldn't be the best. However, the air fence didn't just magically collapse, if you remember someone hit it (I think it was Payne in heat 12, and it was going down just before heat 13)

According to Alllitt it was Nigel Crabtree who described the track as the worst its been. Allitt went on to describe the track as dangerous. Does anyone know who The Stoke promotor threatened ? What really surprises me is Malcolm Vasey has anything to do with it there. I always had a lot of respect for this particular gentleman. He also had a long association with Boston at Saddlebow road. Shame if he gets tared with the same brush.

The track was a joke. I'm surprised the riders didn't get seasick going down the straights, there where that many bumps in the track. Bend 3 was particularly bad in that there was a ridge halfway across the track that was impossible to miss and if you did then you would have ended up in the fence anyway.

The track has gone downhill a lot in the last 2 years or so and its a real shame as the view of the track is great.

The track was a joke. I'm surprised the riders didn't get seasick going down the straights, there where that many bumps in the track. Bend 3 was particularly bad in that there was a ridge halfway across the track that was impossible to miss and if you did then you would have ended up in the fence anyway.

The track has gone downhill a lot in the last 2 years or so and its a real shame as the view of the track is great.

You are right the last two years the track has gone right down hill, last Saturday the track was awefull as was the racing. infact it wasnt racing it was more like survival. I think you will find it was Dale that was threatened and the people that witnessed it said the Stoke promoters behavour was disgusting.

Its a shame as the racing used to be good there

Will the track be another reason why Stoke beat the IOW tonight ?

It's the same for both sides FCS !

I am no expert but I didn't think there was anything wrong tonight.

Indeed, I thought it was a good meeting :approve: with several entertaining races.

Good to see Smarty scoring a few points, but the two I was impressed with were Ritchings and Payne. Ritchings certainly had no fears about the track and attacked it at every opportunity, whilst I haven't seen Payne before but he looked like a very useful reserve indeed.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

I am no expert but I didn't think there was anything wrong tonight.

Indeed, I thought it was a good meeting :approve: with several entertaining races.

Good to see Smarty scoring a few points, but the two I was impressed with were Ritchings and Payne. Ritchings certainly had no fears about the track and attacked it at every opportunity, whilst I haven't seen Payne before but he looked like a very useful reserve indeed.

Correct in your post where you say that IOW.attacked the track and produced good racing , that being the fact ,K L did not attack the track where as the Stoke riders did, and as a previous poster has said the track is the same for both teams,last night the programme went through without any moaning from the I.O.W. management unlike the previous week.

Cheers Griffo

Perhaps some track work had been done before last nights meeting and on wednesday stoke will see what a proper track is like

lets not pretend the track was good last night,. It wasn`t, it was shiiite. Any track with a set of woops on the back straight isn`t good.