British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skodaman

Lions V Rebels 22.06.2013

Best wishes to Alex Edberg who it appears has a suspected broken ankle.

Edited by screm

Just as I feared. The Lions heat-leaders all failed. The only riders that kept the hopes alive were Jan and Kev. The Lions will claim that "We wuz robbed" by some dodgy refeering. :wink:

The Rebels heat-leaders were different class ( 38 pts between the 3 of them which also included an e/f for Grajczonek), compare that to the Lions trio just 20 pts between them. Good meeting though & fair play to the Rebels never gave up & their extra class at the top end of the team saw them to victory.

Good performance by Rebels with Alex out of form and Stefan injured. As Rebels supporter I'm pleased they won, but this result is just another example of what's wrong with the sport, as best team lost. Lions would have won by 2 without the Rebels tactical

I really do wonder about you sometimes OT, in heats 1-8 the Lions won 5 heats to the rebels 3, which included Josh not getting off the line in heat 6. From heat 9 -15 the rebels won 6 heats and the lions 1. The Rebels were also one rider short from heat 2 onwards and were the away side.How on earth can that be described as lucky.......The tactical rule helps or hinders every team at some time during the season, hey we won away at one of the current top sides in the league, well done everyone including the supporters who made the trip.

• Like 1

Just got home from the meeting, I'm neither a Leicester or Somerset fan and as a neutral it was a fantastic meeting, it had it all, hard racing, unfortunate crashes and injuries, luck, bad luck, the lot. And I have to say Somerset deserved the win, yet Magnus was harshly excluded. But above all, I know that My Hemsley runs the show, and yes he must have been upset by the loss by one solitary point but going ape at the riders isn't the answer, and his bullish manner in which he raced along the terraces barging people out of the way leaves a lot to be desired. My advice to Mr Hemsley is be magnanimous is victory and defeat, otherwise you will run out of options with riders and fans will not tolerate your bullish behavior. Other than a well run meeting given the crashes, hope all the injured riders cone back strong.

All the best to Alex & Stefan. Writing was on the wall even when we looked to be cruising and 12 points up. Some good racing. If it was like that and the Ipswich meeting every week then there wouldn't be a need to moan about the track.. Unfortunately we see it only 3 or 4 times a year. Morris' performance was as good a performance as i've seen from anyone at BP. Morris, Doyle and Grajczonek were different class from our heat leaders. I know why it happened but I can't help but think that we will regret keeping Karlsson over Roynon come the end of the season. The engine problems that had hindered him for a season must be back as Karlsson looks back to the gater who hangs on again after his 2 week purple patch.. If Edberg has broken his ankle then i think we are in the do. His forceful style has been a breath of fresh air since signing. Looks like we are .01 away from being able to bring in a 5 pointer so slim pickings. Hopefully we don't have to resort to bringing back Makinen or Nielsen

• Like 2

I don't understand the whinges about the track, was an excellent meeting with lots of great races (with passing!) and a close scoreline too!

I don't understand the whinges about the track, was an excellent meeting with lots of great races (with passing!) and a close scoreline too!

If racing was like that every week there wouldn't be any moaning but unfortunately racing isn't like that every week. Ipswich and Somerset meetings apart it's been fairly hopeless all year again. That should be the entertainment level we should be expecting as a norm, not once or twice a season. Can't fault tonight though, it was excellent. Other than the score!

Made my first visit of the season and it looks like I picked a good meeting because I'm wondering why some fans moan about the track being the wrong shape if it can produce such exciting racing. Think I need to go for a lie down as I'm beginning to agree with David. :lol: After a very drawn out start when I began to think it was going to be one of those nights and I wished I'd stayed at home in the warm things improved and there was some excellent racing. Lions were 12 points up after eight heats so I'm sure the end result was disappointing but as I suppose I can be classed as a neutral I just enjoyed watching the battling performances from the back by Morris, Doyle and Josh. It showed that if riders attack the track there is plenty of passing and it is not just a gaters paradise. Well done to Somerset on their one point victory.

Someone has posted on Facebook, that whole Leicester team have quit the club, if its true what the hell is that all about.

Someone has posted on Facebook, that whole Leicester team have quit the club, if its true what the hell is that all about.

The main promoters a ring piece?

• Like 1

I think its all about the way their boss abused the crap out of them all, in the vicinity of a number of people. Thoroughly enjoyed this meeting once it got going...it did take far too long to get heat two out of the way, and the track watering just before it was re run took too long. Some very good racing, Morris only gated once all night (his first ride) but worked his socks off to get the paid max. Fantastic last heat, great meeting overall with a close finish and amazing comeback by the Rebels.

Edited by whowasthatberntpersson

Yeah as I was leaving heard the same thing about riders refusing to ride for Hemsley after the way he spoke to them tonight. So in the space of 2 weeks upset big sponsors and his team, I really do fear the future of the club. On the plus side it was a very good meeting

• Like 1

If true then it's amazing that our esteemed leader has turned a perfect opportunity to give a huge up yours to us track doubters into yet another absolutely hapless own goal. You couldn't make it up!

Yeah as I was leaving heard the same thing about riders refusing to ride for Hemsley after the way he spoke to them tonight. So in the space of 2 weeks upset big sponsors and his team, I really do fear the future of the club. On the plus side it was a very good meeting

Well if it is true lets hope that things can get sorted out and riders get back to riding for their club.

If true then it's amazing that our esteemed leader has turned a perfect opportunity to give a huge up yours to us track doubters into yet another absolutely hapless own goal. You couldn't make it up!

My thoughts exactly. Accept the loss like a man, but be happy the track about the racing on show. Bet we won't see a track like that again cos he'll want to make it as much of gaters paradise as possible.

If nothing had had happened after the meeting, people would've been talking about the team failing not the track or promotors.

Now he's made sure its about him again.

Surely he should've saved this aggro to a week when the racing was bad, so to change the subject from the track to him, not on a week when the track was good!!!

Oh, I almost forgot about the v.good meeting!! Credit to Somerset & Morris, great riding.