British Speedway Forum
Northern Exile

Swc, Event Two, King's Lynn 15/7

That track was awful tonight. Bumpy on turn one and a gaters paradise, just right for the Danes!! Surely there is a better track to ride the GB round on that would give GB a bit of home track advantage unlike Kings Lynn which gave all home advantage to the Danes with one current and two former Kings Lynn riders in their side!!!!

• Like 3

That track was awful tonight. Bumpy on turn one and a gaters paradise, just right for the Danes!! Surely there is a better track to ride the GB round on that would give GB a bit of home track advantage unlike Kings Lynn which gave all home advantage to the Danes with one current and two former Kings Lynn riders in their side!!!!

and Chapman's allowed Danes to book Kings Lynn as practice in March

What's the logic in that?

Kennet was an utter disgrace, should never ride for Gb again, garbage. Middlo equally as bad in my book for even picking him, needs to step down. Also silly dropping Cook for someone like Bridger whos proved before hes not upto this level. All round poor team management from Middlo and Kennet a disgrace.

Why is Kennett a disgrace ?the bottom line that is as good as he is ..I doubt if anyone on here was shocked by his score he's just up to this level ..the disgrace is Middlo for picking him

• Like 4

in most races we rode well and were there or there about but out of the starts we were shocking .we just couldnt gate and at this level you get punished. we are good enough to win any meeting but only when we learn to gate. but on to thursday ,new meeting new day new line up .we can do it we just have to believe

Lets face facts - only Tai Woffinden has a real future.

Harris, Nicholls and Kennett are on the way down; King and Barker are as good as they are going to be. Bridger is probably the same. Kennett is a proven cheat, Barker and Bridger are

brats.

They may not be ready but Worrall, Birks, Cook - and down the track Ellis - have futures.

Is it time to patch up with second best, or go for an all out youth policy with Tai as the leader?

Edited by remembertheracers

Not Eddies fault for crying out loud.

No need to single him out.

We have a poor team and zero chance of making the final in a very poor play off.

We were never gonna win this one :)

The US were lamentable and even with Hancock will have a job on to finish 3rd.

The thing that is most telling is that 2 of the top speedway nations may well have to qualify next year which is a joke.

The Czechs will be gifted a 4th seed they don't deserve and either the Yanks or Latvia will get a seed for next year which is another joke.

What a farce :(

No doubt, there will be an alternative format drawn up over the winter to avoid such discrepancies. The SWC organisers could probably just about contemplate Russia being in the qualifiers, as this year has not been the first year where they have lined up with nowhere near their strongest team. However, with Sweden theoretically in the qualifiers next year, I'll be extremely surprised if the format isn't changed to accommodate them.
  • Like 1

I personally don't think Worrall is ready, blimey! British speedway really is in the doldrums at world level..

And will continue that way unless we start blooding the up and coming NOW.

Kennett has shown he is way out of his depth when given the chance, harsh but true.

King ---- is he really THAT much better? I like Danny but does he have powerful engines for Prague?

Bridger ..... Really has looked much better this season but remains inconsistent. He is younger and worth a shot IMO.

Barker ..... He will give it his all but does he have the power when it matters?

For me its gotta be Cook/Worrall and then any of the next ilk of emerging riders.

I would rather someone like Adam Ellis be given a space than Nicholls or Kennett who are not up to the task anymore.

Do not write the Latvians off. Could be real spoilers

Agreed they could be. Expect they will pip the Americans but either way will be major spoilers.

Cook looked outclassed tonight, think he has missed a trick in his development by doing the PL again this year rather than riding in foreign leagues, assuming of course that his hand wasn't forced. Just read on Twitter that he and Kennett have been dropped for Barker and Bridger, not a huge suprise in all honesty.

Not a great meeting tonight for me, too many predictable heats although there were one or two decent races.

• Like 2

John Davis. WTF does he do? :mad:

A great BBQ by all accounts.

• Like 1

To be fair to Middlo he is not exactly blessed with choices.

Only Bomber and Woffy can compete with the calibre of rider it takes to win a SWC.

Probably best to give 2 young lads a chance.

Worrall? Cook? Barker? Bridger?

Well said that person, but you can't tell some of these on here..

Poor form choice by Middlo (what does he do at Poole if Matt Ford picks the team ?) in picking Kennett. Hasn't scored many points in recent weeks, hardly won a heat.

Cook struggled but a tough call to drop him given his potential

3rd / 4th rider a toss up between Bridger as he's scoring loads of points or Barker who will give it his all.

Another on here who doesn't understand we don't have the strength in depth of some nations.. As for what Neil does at poole, an awful lot more than you could shake a stick at..

To me it was the worst swc ive been to, Tai was excellent, Harris also put the effort in, Cook was out of his depth and Kennett is just very poor at the moment, I would say get king and barker in both in form and. then we could make the final.

• Like 2

Another on here who doesn't understand we don't have the strength in depth of some nations.. As for what Neil does at poole, an awful lot more than you could shake a stick at..

Sorry what has that got to do with not picking the best side ?

• Like 1

Saw travis mcgowan in the america team pits..take it the uk border patrol didnt search herbies van lol

Edited by glasgowmicktiger