British Speedway Forum
Northern Exile

Swc, Event Two, King's Lynn 15/7

Sorry what has that got to do with not picking the best side ?

Neil picks the side on who he thinks will do the best job on the night. Sadly, it didn't happen. Yes i said ages ago that Barker should have been included in the team, but neil picks it. Also posibly Danny king should have been included, he's just starting to find a bit of form. But what some people on here fail, to understand we don't have the strength in depth of some nations, and some people fail to remember 2004, when we came within a point of winning the dam thing. Im sure that Hans Anderson would agree!!!!!

Neil picks the side on who he thinks will do the best job on the night. Sadly, it didn't happen. Yes i said ages ago that Barker should have been included in the team, but neil picks it. Also posibly Danny king should have been included, he's just starting to find a bit of form. But what some people on here fail, to understand we don't have the strength in depth of some nations, and some people fail to remember 2004, when we came within a point of winning the dam thing. Im sure that Hans Anderson would agree!!!!!

No they said Neil picked the wrong the side the same as you have ....that's hard to do if we have not strength in depth as you say

Craig cook has just tweeted to say hes been dropped and sounds bitter about it,middlo gave him a chance and he blew it , what reason would middlo have to keep him.

• Like 2

Another <removed> on here who doesn't understand we don't have the strength in depth of some nations.. As for what Neil does at poole, an awful lot more than you could shake a stick at..

No need for personal abuse boy . Don't say on a keyboard what you wouldn't have the guts to say face to face.

My point wasn't about strength in depth it was about Middlo picking an out of form rider in Kennett. His league form has been woeful and below that of Barker, Bridger. Kennett's been in SWC's before and has failed before when he's been in better form coming into the tournament

I sympathise for Kennett. He was only given 3 from 5 rides which is, in part, an admission by the management that he shouldn't have been picked in the first place. They should have showed some guts and changed the team before lowering Kennett's confidence to an even lower level.

Another admission of a poor pick is that he's been dropped for the race off.

• Like 3

Come on then team GB fans, who do we take to the race-off?

1) Chris Harris

2) Tai Woffinden

3)

4)

Res.

Would of brought in King & Bridger.

Firstly i would replace Middlo with Rosco

• Like 1

Can't see the logic of dropping Cook. Give him the experience in Prague wth a view to the future. Its unlikely we will win the play-off, so we mght as well use it to give some less experienced riders a go. He surely has more to offer in the next few years than Bridger and Barker.

• Like 1

Saw travis mcgowan in the america team pits..take it the uk border patrol didnt search herbies van lol

It ai

Saw travis mcgowan in the america team pits..take it the uk border patrol didnt search herbies van lol

It aint Travis buddy.

No need for personal abuse boy. Don't say on a keyboard what you wouldn't have the guts to say face to face.

My point wasn't about strength in depth it was about Middlo picking an out of form rider in Kennett. His league form has been woeful and below that of Barker, Bridger. I sympathise for Kennett as he was on a one way ticket.

Appologies for the remark. but theres no need to slag our manager off. Neil is very limited on his choice of riders, we are not Denmark or Poland

Poor advert for speedway tonight.

Had two folk new to the sport watching.

No passing, endless replays, tediously slow pace, weaker teams getting double points.

All capped-off with that "game of bingo" for the last 4 heats.

Come on, we can do better than this for our sport, surely?

• Like 2

I can't agree with that at all. You must be on a wind-up.

I doubt there is a poster on here who does not recognise that GB does not have the strength in depth of the Danes and the Poles. However, it is only those two nations who do have strength in depth. The teams Australia, Sweden and Russia fielded shows that once their top few riders are unavailable, they are also struggling to match the Poles and Danes. I suspect both Poland and Denmark could have put their reserve teams in both meetings and still qualified directly to the final!

You need to put your Poole bias to one side. Middlo made a huge howler in picking Eddie Kennett. Most posters on here believed this to be the case, and they were proved correct today. I'm no particular fan of Danny King but I suspect that had he been included he would have picked up solid points tonight. That said, I would probably have gone with Worrall on his home track. Again, I suspect he would have done ok against the Americans and Swedes.

I think we need to move on from 2004 now. It was 9 years ago.

Edited by G the Bee
  • Like 1

I can't agree with that at all. You must be on a wind-up.

I doubt there is a poster on here who does not recognise that GB does not have the strength in depth of the Danes and the Poles. However, it is only those two nations who do have strength in depth. The teams Australia, Sweden and Russia fielded shows that once their top few riders are unavailable, they are also struggling to match the Poles and Danes. I suspect both Poland and Denmark could have put their reserve teams in both meetings and still qualified directly to the final!

You need to put your Poole bias to one side. Middlo made a huge howler in picking Eddie Kennett. Most posters on here believed this to be the case, and they were proved correct today. I'm no particular fan of Danny King but I suspect that had he been included he would have picked up solid points tonight. That said, I would probably have gone with Worrall on his home track. Again, I suspect he would have done ok against the Americans and Swedes.

Ive already mentioned that Ben should have ridden and Danny is just starting to find a bit of form, but even with that, would it have been enough to turn over the Danes??

Can't see the logic of dropping Cook. Give him the experience in Prague wth a view to the future. Its unlikely we will win the play-off, so we mght as well use it to give some less experienced riders a go. He surely has more to offer in the next few years than Bridger and Barker.

The logic is we could win the race off without him, with him we have no chance. He clearly hasnt the ability to mix it with the better riders

• Like 2

Appologies for the remark. but theres no need to slag our manager off. Neil is very limited on his choice of riders, we are not Denmark or Poland

Apology accepted. I'm not 'slagging off' your manager. I'm making a judgement on the side he picked based on league form. If we are limited then surely he should pick in form riders who are riding with confidence and not one who has hardly won a race for two months. His scores have been poor in the Elite league home and away.