British Speedway Forum
Northern Exile

Swc, Event Two, King's Lynn 15/7

The logic is we could win the race off without him, with him we have no chance. He clearly hasnt the ability to mix it with the better riders

He's beaten some decent riders home & away in the EL & mixed it pretty well for a guy 4 years out of motocross - or maybe I just imagined it?? :blink:

Appologies for the remark. but theres no need to slag our manager off. Neil is very limited on his choice of riders, we are not Denmark or Poland

When you say 'our' manager, is that in reference to GB or Poole? If Poole he's had the financial backing to make him look better with World class rider's. If it's in reference to GB he's been an utter disaster. 2004 is 9 years ago. If living off that is keeping him in the job, British Speedway on the World stage has no hope what so ever.

Apology accepted. I'm not 'slagging off' your manager. I'm making a judgement on the side he picked based on league form. If we are limited then surely he should pick in form riders who are riding with confidence and not one who has hardly won a race for two months. His scores have been poor in the Elite league home and away.

I agree with you. Eddie has been in poor form recently, and im sure that Neil knew that, but he took the chance on Eddie performing tonight, but Neil could have gone with Ben or Danny, hindsight is a wonderful thing. The problem is, we are never, going to have the scope or strength in depth of the Poles Danes or the Aussies come to that.

Edited by Starman2006

Ive already mentioned that Ben should have ridden and Danny is just starting to find a bit of form, but even with that, would it have been enough to turn over the Danes??

That's not the point. You mentioned that Neil picks the riders he thinks can do the best job. My point is that Neil's opinion on riders who can do 'the best job' was massively removed from what, I suspect, the vast majority of posters on here believed. And the posters on here were proved correct. Without wanting to be harsh, if Neil really thought Eddie Kennett was the best option for the final place in the team (especially over Worrall, Bridger, Barker and King) then I personally have no confidence in him as our national team manager.

• Like 5

When you say 'our' manager, is that in reference to GB or Poole? If Poole he's had the financial backing to make him look better with World class rider's. If it's in reference to GB he's been an utter disaster. 2004 is 9 years ago. If living off that is keeping him in the job, British Speedway on the World stage has no hope what so ever.

Seems your also missing the point, please read the above post.

That's not the point. You mentioned that Neil picks the riders he thinks can do the best job. My point is that Neil's opinion on riders who can do 'the best job' was massively removed from what, I suspect, the vast majority of posters on here believed. And the posters on here were proved correct. Without wanting to be harsh, if Neil really thought Eddie Kennett was the best option for the final place in the team (especially over Worrall, Bridger, Barker and King) then I personally have no confidence in him as our national team manager.

Again, please read my above post.

Edited by Starman2006

No need for personal abuse boy. Don't say on a keyboard what you wouldn't have the guts to say face to face. Grow up !

The trouble with Starman is, you mustn't say anything bad about Matt Ford or Neil Middleditch as he will jump to their defence at the drop of a hat even if they are 100% wrong....Why?? Because he might lose his job as Speedway Star seller and general dogsbody at Poole stadium.....Lets just say his nose is very dark in colour!!!!!

Edited by scottyfan

Sorry but it aint.

In that case, it was a pretty good lookalike in Greg's/USA's pit crew tonight. 'Spin Doctors' goatee beard and all!

I agree with you. Eddie has been in poor form recently, and im sure that Neil knew that, but he took the chance on Eddie performing tonight, but Neil could have gone with Ben or Danny, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

It's not hindsight, look at his league form, you admit it's been poor. Why pick an out of form rider over others who are doing far better ?

All the team manager has done with his pick is ruin Kennett's confidence even more. He didn't even give him his 2nd ride. Bomber did well trying to pick the boy up but he was gone after that.

It's not hindsight, look at his league form, you admit it's been poor. Why pick an out of form rider over others who are doing far better ?

All the team manager has done with his pick is ruin Kennett's confidence even more. He didn't even give him his 2nd ride. Bomber did well trying to pick the boy up but he was gone after that.

Point, but Neil had to try some thing to drag back the 7 point deficit, so he's used the joker early with Tai to drag it back, and as it happen it worked.

Seems your also missing the point, please read the above post.

Didn't miss the point at all as I believe Middlo has always been inept at management & your above post is pretty much bang on.

What concerns me more is I'd read Tweets saying it was actually Morris that picked Kennett. Where on earth did those comments come from???

1, is that true?

2, if so, who actually is the TeamGB manager?

Just watched the meeting.Was the track bad,or just the gulf in class of the different teams that made it look bad.Put Poland,Denmark,fully Fit Australia and a fully fit Sweden on the same track and you would have seen a completely different meeting.

It was travis when he was talking to hancock he was doing the talking out the side of his mouth thing he always does. Who was it then?

It was Travis. He's Greg's full time mechanic