British Speedway Forum
Northern Exile

Swc, Event Two, King's Lynn 15/7

Could someone please inform me why S Nichols is not in the team, I'm guessing its a personal choice thing.

Same reasons as Emil, and the Laguta brothers.

• Like 1

Don`t understand what Middlo`s supposed to be doing if he didn`t go to the seminar to get the required paperwork surely he`s surplus to requirements. He must be there to fill in Morris`s programme.

Surely practice shouldn't have taken place on the track on race day, how on earth was Buster supposed to produce a great track after all those laps had taken place on a baking hot day???

Re the GB team, Eddie has never gone well round Lynn, odd pick! Having said that surely all British riders of any quality need to be able to race well on tracks like Lynn? What's the point of being the master of somewhere like Lakeside when the majority of European tracks are huge, fast tracks?

Edited by Trees

The problem with the car park was the single file exit with the poor 'marshalls' who weren't doing a very good job at letting cars out as they didn't appear to want to stop traffic on Saddlebow Road itself. Maybe a couple of police officers should have been employed to help.

And was a poor program score chart. No where to record heat times, no where to put riders total after heat 16 and no where to add comments / tactical rides / jokers easily :mad:

Oh, the meeting itself was fine, if a little dusty from time to time. Result as expected really. Not that i'm Kennett's number one fan, but he should at least have been given his second ride before being replaced. Cooky is a tad unfortute to have lost his place for the race off. Gave a reasonable account of himself. He will never develop if he isn't given a proper chance

Didn't take me long to get off the field, 10 mins perhaps, I didn't rush off as soon as the meeting was over though!

No.. Please don't put Emil and the Laguta brothers in the same boat as Nicholls.

The Laguta brothers and Emil are angry at the lack of funding from the Russian federation and they are trying to build a better future for Team Russia.

Nicholls is just moaning that the wild-card for the British GP was removed from the British final and this is his petty way at getting back at the BSPA.

One's a group of national hero's trying to change the sport in Russia while the other is on his little revenge mission which has harmed his countries chances of an SWC final place.

• Like 1

What has the Russian Federation done to upset Scott then?

• Like 1

What has the Russian Federation done to upset Scott then?

Be a pedant if you want

Yes.A Russian pedant.Long live Lenin and Molotov

AS a matter of interest, Tony Olsson told me that with regard to the SWC the Swedish federation (SVEMO) pay all riders expenses including travel and hotel accommodation and the riders split the prize money ... not much of that in the past two years, however.

If that was also the case with the Russian federation would imagine that messrs Sayfutindov and the Laguta riders wouldn't be drumming up excuses or, indeed, medical certificates, not to be there. Incidentally, not suggesting that Emil's current injury is a hoax because it clearly isn't but in his case it was quite convenient.

Probably not,Ive was staying in Petierborough over sunday and monday and last night it took as long to get out of the car park than the journey back to Peterborough.Maybe you could move it to the EoES,theres ample parking there.

You have a point about the exits from the car park, should have been organised better.

As for Peterborough I'd be happy to see it go back there but having hosted it in 2009 one would assume that they aren't interested as it would surely have been held there since if they were.

I remember last time there was a small altercation between the Showground people and the BSI.

The BSI were acting like they owned the Showground.

Didn't take me long to get off the field, 10 mins perhaps, I didn't rush off as soon as the meeting was over though!

It took us nearly hour & half to get out the field. I noticed once the stadium car park had been emptied the stewards naffed off & left the field to it. At one point I counted 6 lines trying to get out a single gate. Then after they came back & the traffic got out much easier.

As to the meeting. It was rather boring from the off & there was no atmosphere at all. Have seen more life in a morgue.

Also was the announcer having an affair with Tai? Coz the way he was going we only had one rider lastnight.

Shame tho because that was a belting meeting in 2009 at the EoS.

• Like 1

I would of thought riding for your Country would be something to be proud of, expenses IMHO should be the only cost to any nation in any sport to the sportsmen and women who are honored enough to wear their country's colours.