British Speedway Forum
pandorum

Event 1: Czestochowa, Poland #Sunday # July 2013

I think that the 3 "qualifying!!" meetings we are faced with in the next few days are going to show that the time has now come for this "format" to be re-vamped somehow. Its obvious who the 4 finalists are going to be (Poland, Australia, Denmark and UK) and quite frankly the events this week are purely a money making exercise for the Speedway authorities. One of the suggestions I could make to make the qualifiers a bit more interesting would instead of "jokes" like Latvia being involved, is to have a "Rest of The World" team, which would at least slightly make it a bit more competitive. Bring on the Final next week and get these 3 "practice" meetings out of the way.

• Like 1

I think that the 3 "qualifying!!" meetings we are faced with in the next few days are going to show that the time has now come for this "format" to be re-vamped somehow. Its obvious who the 4 finalists are going to be (Poland, Australia, Denmark and UK) and quite frankly the events this week are purely a money making exercise for the Speedway authorities. One of the suggestions I could make to make the qualifiers a bit more interesting would instead of "jokes" like Latvia being involved, is to have a "Rest of The World" team, which would at least slightly make it a bit more competitive. Bring on the Final next week and get these 3 "practice" meetings out of the way.

Have the host nation pulled out of the final then without telling anyone :blink:
  • Like 2

Anywhere for a slightly desperate norwegian fella to watch this meeting? Stream or pay-per-view or anything? Viasat Motor has't put up anything on their program after yesterdays cancellation, and now I'm starting to sweat a little...

Swedish TV10 will show it live at 15.00 but I don't know if you can see it.

Looking at the Eurosport schedule they are showing the first semi on monday at 5.45, prior to the second semi at 7, for. anyone who is not worried about seeing it live.

Edited by A ORLOV

A nice stream here (in Polish of course). I think it is a rerun of the Danish GP on now, but live at 2pmUK.

http://activepltv.net/stream1.html

Are we commenting on it "as it happens" ? I'll go along with whatever the feeling us. I'm just happy to watch it, though it is now a fairly predictable result coming up. So sad not to see Emil and the Laguta brothers :sad:

Regards Alan.

The crowd doesn't look brilliant, by Polish standards, but not sure if this was earlier, or with 10 minutes to go. At least it's not raining! :t:

That's brilliant :D

Good news for the meeting it sounds too :t:

Why's it brilliant Jacques, you have the majority of top riders missing!!!

Have just got in and absolutely shattered so will see what the meeting is like from updates and if an exciting meeting may go to pub at 3.30 or just watch rerun monday.

Edited by A ORLOV

Its on live now on Polish transmissions not at 15:30 must be not live on Eurosport

good link you just have to refresh every 15 min or so http://www.drhtv.com.pl/drhtv1.html

Hi Pawel,

Will Poland win every heat? I wouldn't bet against it, though i'll probably be wrong by heat 2 :lol: :lol: Just hope we get some good racing and no spills.

We will see Alan,one interesting thing happened in polish speedway recently, Maciek Janowski cousin Klaudia Szmaj on Thursday passed her speedway exam and became the first polish female speedway rider good for her

• Like 1

Its on live now on Polish transmissions not at 15:30 must be not live on Eurosport

Realised this yesterday as Eurosport have the MotoGP on one channel and Tour de France Cycling on the other scheduled both major sporting events, so they have slotted it in as delayed coverage immediately after the Motor GP which is as much as anyone could expect under the circumstances of the meeting being changed. Just glad we have it at all, if one stays off the internet what really matters if it is delayed by 90 minutes or so. I am recording it anyway so will watch it this evening.

Hi Pawel,

Will Poland win every heat? I wouldn't bet against it, though i'll probably be wrong by heat 2 :lol: :lol: Just hope we get some good racing and no spills.

Er no! :rofl: