British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Redcar V Ipswich Pl 4/7/13

Hoping the Witches can continue their run of points from every away PL fixture this year.

I think it will be tight - so tight infact that I'll go for a draw.

Back on thread. I really fancy the witches for this one. They have several riders, who go better at Redcar, than they probably do at the Foxhole. Lanham, Tungate and even Risager, have all had good meetings there. Key will be how Hawkins, Heeps and Ellis go, (if Hawkins gets 4 or 5 points that would be a significant contribution from him, at Redcar). Ben Barker is always capable of winning races at Redcar. Hope we get the track right at the first time of asking and should be a tight, close encounter.

Fingers crossed we have no issues with the track this week, as this could be a really good meeting.

Looking forward to seeing Ipswich, they have a bunch of riders who go well round here. Barker is more than capable of going unbeaten, whilst Tungate used to fly round here and Lanham has a knack of picking points up.

Interesting to see how Ellis gets on, always good to see a young brit progressing.

I put the jinx on Ulrich last week saying he was bang on form again and he duly had a poor night. I believe he blew a couple of engines though so if they are now sorted I expect him to return to his previous form.

The rest of the side looks solid, although I believe that with the new averages Summers goes back above Kus meaning not everyone is eligible for r/r now. Does weaken us slightly.

My main concern is the track though, we really need to start getting it right and more consistent for the riders. Each week they are turning up and it's different and I think its evident it's really getting to them.

Already whispers that riders wont be back next year due to the poor track which is a real shame as it's the best side we have put together in my opinion and our best chance to get into the playoffs.

Will go for a close win for the Bears tonight - weather shouldnt be an issue for any Witches fans travelling, i'll update this if it changes.

meeting could start at 8.45 pm. going by last weeks start time.

meeting could start at 8.45 pm. going by last weeks start time.

We've turned into the new RUFF PARK

Absolute garbage track prep which is embarrassing to watch, not like me to turn on my club but its absolute woefull.

• Like 1

We've turned into the new RUFF PARK

Absolute garbage track prep which is embarrassing to watch, not like me to turn on my club but its absolute woefull.

What's that saying???? Something about "monkeys" and "peanuts"???? :rofl:

What's that saying???? Something about "monkeys" and "peanuts"???? :rofl:

More like "Glass Houses" and something about "throwing stones". If they do have a big delay again this week, people will probably start voting with their feet, if they have not already!!!! :P Should be a good meeting though, Ippo appear to be the form team away and Redcar are quite handy at home. Away win by 3-4 points.

More like "Glass Houses" and something about "throwing stones". If they do have a big delay again this week, people will probably start voting with their feet, if they have not already!!!! :P Should be a good meeting though, Ippo appear to be the form team away and Redcar are quite handy at home. Away win by 3-4 points.

Point being WE don't mind admitting our tracks crap at the moment where as you lot wouldn't/didn't

• Like 1

Who knows....Redcar win at Edinburgh, Worky win at Redcar, Ipswich win at Worky....could be close!

Who knows....Redcar win at Edinburgh, Worky win at Redcar, Ipswich win at Worky....could be close!

gotta say this season has thrown up some bizzare results

As for the meeting tonight, I'm with most on here, haven't a clue which way It'll go, but good luck to the Lads.

gotta say this season has thrown up some bizzare results

Have to agree with that, both Newcastle and Somerset have been in the mix too for topsy-turvy results.

Must say it keeps things exciting in the PL - no idea whose gonna finish top, although a top six prediction might be easier!

The four teams mentioned by Topaz plus these two would be my top six, but in what order?

Edited by Travertine

Very happy with a point and to be so close with my prediction.

Anyone got the detail of Summers 'silencer issue' - is it something that just affects the last heat or could it expand to the whole meeting?

Best wishes to Dyer - sounds like it was some effort for him to get through 3 heats (and do so well)before having to call it a day.

Great night for Cameron, but reserves out scored tonight. The withdrawal of dyer certainly helped in the point gained. Seems like Ritchie will only ever score 4 points wherever in the team he rides at, still 4 points is 4 points. We are going to find it harder now with Cameron having less rides. Keeps the points ticking over and keeps us in the top 6 hunt.