British Speedway Forum
Ariel75

Sheffield Tigers Vs Newcastle Diamonds 4th July - Lc Semifinal

Go Tigers.- Go Facu. Tigers win for 10pts.- And good luck for Jona Iturre other argentine rider practice after meeting

Looking forward to this one. We need a big lead to take to brough park. I still get nightmares after last years capitulation. Up the Tigers.

Weather update

Cloudy morning - chance of the odd shower (over the hills), giving way to a pleasant afternoon and evening :t: :t: :t:

Given that Newcastle generally struggle to hit 35 at Owlerton I'd take a 50-40 defeat right now.

Given that Newcastle generally struggle to hit 35 at Owlerton I'd take a 50-40 defeat right now.

I'd settle for that too.

We saw what we can do against poor opposition last week and (with all due respect) we should get something similar this weekend, but we need to keep it close as you never know what's going to happen!

Edited by The Abbott

Think George may punch the air with delight if we pass 35 and do a friggin dance if we pass 40. Hopefully not a massacre and we can keep it close. Edited by diamond@heart

Think that you're being unnecessarily pessimistic as to your chances - there are a lot teams that have `historically` done badly at Owlerton that are pushing us/beating us now. I hope that with Roynan signed and Facu at reserve we should hold our own and beat you - might depend on how Worral rides, I seem to remember last year that he was disappointing to say the least

After Newcastle won their first leg of the KO Cup tie at Edinburgh but then bombed out by losing at home, who knows how this will end up?

Good luck to Adam Roynon, and to Facu at reserve They will be the men to make a difference

• Like 1

Very low key Diamonds fans on this thread considering most neutrals would predict a win for them by 10+.

Very low key Diamonds fans on this thread considering most neutrals would predict a win for them by 10+.

not many if us big up our chances anywhere as you tend to look daft.... Plus we normally get mullered at owlerton

Newcastle teams in the past have struggled at Owlerton but hey! This Newcastle side may not fear the big track as much as our sides used to. The tigers fans are forecasting a home win. Well maybe... but don't be surprised if you are out-gated and out-paced by the 2013 diamonds. 50-40 to Sheffield? I think not! I am going for an away win, possibly a last heat decider. I hope Newcastle entertain and all 14 riders come through unscathed

not many if us big up our chances anywhere as you tend to look daft.... Plus we normally get mullered at owlerton

Newcastle teams in the past have struggled at Owlerton but hey! This Newcastle side may not fear the big track as much as our sides used to. The tigers fans are forecasting a home win. Well maybe... but don't be surprised if you are out-gated and out-paced by the 2013 diamonds. 50-40 to Sheffield? I think not! I am going for an away win, possibly a last heat decider. I hope Newcastle entertain and all 14 riders come through unscathed

apart from this bloke :)
  • Like 2

Probably because we have such an awful record at Sheffield. Other than a Lemon/Bach/Larsen inspired win down there in 2010 we have generally been stuffed in all competitions.

Sheffield on paper look quite decent now but hopefully we'll do enough tonight to enable the win over two legs. I would be over the moon with 40. The Tully/Lindgren pair worries me tonight as neither have great records on big fast tacks. Hope they prove me wrong.

Looking forward to seeing adams debut tonight,been out since april with head injuries so we put him straight into the no pressure role of carrying the reserves !!!!!!!!!! Marvellous.Good luck adam bet your glad you didn't get the easier no 4 role !!! If we are to progress to the final we don't need any passengers tonight.