British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Had Enough

Premier Test Series 06/07

Apparently there was a "test" match at Rye House last night. No mention of it on the BSPA website, other than the result was last in the list.

What a complete and utter waste of time and effort - and another missed opportunity.

British speedway never fails to disappoint.

Nothing on the updates either. On a lovely evening like that, I assume there was a decent crowd. Could somebody who was there tell us what it was like. Decent racing?decent crowd?

Nothing on the updates either. On a lovely evening like that, I assume there was a decent crowd. Could somebody who was there tell us what it was like. Decent racing?decent crowd?

it is on the speeedway updates site. basically it was premier league brits v premier league aussies hardly worth a mention.

It was on updates, under "International Challenges" - but I only found it after seeing the result this morning. No updater could be found, and scores were taken from a kind tweeter.

I thought the whole point of this series when first announced was to revive the rivalry, especially in an Ashes year - but it has been forgotten about ...

If speedway fans don't care about these events, what hope has the sport got of finding any media interest?

Edited by Had Enough

it is on the speeedway updates site. basically it was premier league brits v premier league aussies hardly worth a mention.

Not quite like the days when the two countries tracked genuine speedway greats over the many seasons like Vic Huxley, Vic Duggan, Ron Johnson, Bluey Wilkinson, Jack Parker, Bill Kitchen, Tommy Price etc then?

I was there. Decent crowd, a little up on the usual turnout. Racing was fast and competitive. A very good evening out for £16. Only blot was the "special commemorative programme at £3, no different in size or quality than the usual programme at £2

Elite league prima donnas love processional gate and go racing it was a good entertaining meeting you don't need superstar riders for the best racing.

EL racing should be no assessed averages unless you have ridden at high level abroad,so we stop teaching foreigners at the expense of British youngsters

Edited by Triple.H.

Good meeting, good racing and an exciting finish, having trailed all evening GB (Bridger and Worrall) scored a 5 - 1 in Heat 15 for a 46 - 44 win! Some good young talent on show Kyle Newman did well as did Rohan Tungate and Tyson Nelson.

Not quite like the days when the two countries tracked genuine speedway greats over the many seasons like Vic Huxley, Vic Duggan, Ron Johnson, Bluey Wilkinson, Jack Parker, Bill Kitchen, Tommy Price etc then?

Looking at the squads for this years SWC, most Countries are struggling to get 4 decent riders to make up a team.

Good meeting and who says you dont get passing at Rye, good moves all night, lovely night and enjoyable evening and a last heat decider, what more could you want.

• Like 1

Good meeting and who says you dont get passing at Rye, good moves all night, lovely night and enjoyable evening and a last heat decider, what more could you want.

A bit of marketing by and interest from the sports organisers?

• Like 1

Would've preferred to see Barker and Doyle, but it was still a very good meeting, and please note NO dust clouds, despite the warm weather. Well done to the track staff for producing a racing strip worthy of the occasion :t:

There you go, a positive comment from me about Rye House :D

Edited by Shadders