British Speedway Forum
oneandtwohalfs

Leicester V Newcastle Pl 13/07/13. 7.30pm

Well what a brilliant heat 15 that was and that was it same old stuff I even went into the shop to buy some stuff and Mrs H was there I ask if I come back at the end to buy some stuff the shop will be open and she said yes. So I went back at the end to spend my money and yes it was shut so I will keep my money and that's how you don't make money Mr DH give it up and let the fans run it we could not do any worse

Another well put together post......you sir put Shakespeare to shame.....good on you!

Thoroughly enjoyed this match. Some good racing, the score swinging backwards and forwards and a knife edge finish. Superb ride from Bjerre to win it in heat 15.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

I agree. Maybe they thought he was due one of his special starts. To be fair none of the other options looked much better. Tully took 4 laps to get by Steve Worrall and only did that when Worrall drifted too far out on bend 3/4 and Lindgren looked equally back off the pace in his last couple of starts. The other option i guess was Kerr (maybe why he was only give 6 starts to that point) but he had also struggled in his last couple of races, one of them behind Robson.

having moaned about our top 4's ability to mix it with the top men of other teams, this week they proved head and shoulders above the oppositions top men.

still,,, strange, to have your 2 lowest points scorers at the time going into ht 15

having moaned about our top 4's ability to mix it with the top men of other teams, this week they proved head and shoulders above the oppositions top men.

Good to see you givin credit where it is due :t:

Thoroughly enjoyed this match. Some good racing, the score swinging backwards and forwards and a knife edge finish. Superb ride from Bjerre to win it in heat 15.

Read your updates halifaxtiger. Thanks, as I missed a few heats at the start. I think you were a little unfair to the ref in heat 10. Either Steve Worralls bike had locked up and wouldnt move or he made no attempt to move it, but either way he looked to see where the other riders were whilst still on the floor (Graversen was at the back) and then stood his bike up but made no attempt to move it in time! He wouldn't have cleared the track if the race had lasted a week..

Good to see you givin credit where it is due :t:

I do my best Tina!

Strange decision to have Robbo in heat 15 after he'd had an engine failure in his previous race and there were also three riders on higher points, but what do I know as I'm not sure exactly who is allowed in the nominated race. I do know though that I fully expected Lions to get a 5-1 and win the match as it was no contest against Magnus and Lasse.

Riders seemed to be having problems with the 1st/2nd bend and that's where Christian came a cropper. Wishing him a speedy recovery, also Ashley Birks who probably hates the Leicester track even more now.

Well, luckily as I said previously I was wrong so that nice referee Mr Watter's reputation is intact. Not to say it doesn't happen though - Antonio Lindback (riding for Poole at Coventry) withdrawing due to an ankle injury springs to mind which helped the Pirates win. He didn't seem to be in any pain at all jumping up and down celebrating the victory with his team mates.

As far as I understand it - it is 2 of your top 3 by average and 2 of your top 3 scorers on the night (points + bonus points to count) in programmed rides only.
  • Like 1

1. Ashley Birks (G)

2. Jan Graversen

3. Lasse Bjerre

4. Kevin Doolan

5. Magnus Karlsson

6. Steve Worrall (G)

7. Robert Branford

1. Stuart Robson

2. Christian Henry

3. Andrew Tully

4. Ludvig Lindgren

5. Richie Worrall

6. Chris Schramm

7. Lewis Kerr

I think the teams will be as shown above. Diamonds fans will compare the points scored by Chris Schramm with those scored by Steve Worrall, personally I won't mind if Steve scores well as long as the diamonds get at least 1 point from this. If the team can keep making the gate we can frighten the life out of Leicester but if the gating gloves are missing then maybe a last heat decider is on the cards again.

How right you were

Yet more serious injuries - best wishes to both riders for a speedy recovery.

Whilst it is of less importance than the riders wellbeing it does raise the question as to what should happen in these circumstances.

A team has lost its No1 in heat 1 through no fault of their own but can now only use reserves.

Should r/r be allowed when this happens?

Yes

Enjoyed this meeting a lot.

Track looked much better, think my self imposed exile could be over.

Happy Days.

The Fours Here I Come :lol:

• Like 1

As far as I understand it - it is 2 of your top 3 by average and 2 of your top 3 scorers on the night (points + bonus points to count) in programmed rides only.

You are indeed correct sir

Quotes from George English on the BSPA website:-

"Diamonds boss George English said: “We did well to hold them so close through the match, but losing Christian so early on left us chasing our tail a little.

“Whilst the lads rallied round well, we know how well Christian races and to lose that power right at the start of the meeting was hard to overcome, and had he not fallen we could have had this match in the bag.”"

Errm George did the Lions not lose their guest number 1 (he's called Ashley Birks, George ;) ) also ?

A couple of weeks ago at Armadale he was bleating about the ref unjustly excluding Henry, when those of us with a better view witnessed blatant foul riding by Henry.

I gather that the DVD of that incident confirmed Jim McGregor was 100% correct and a copy was sent to Newcastle - I wonder if Mr English has seen this and has now apologised to the ref for his petulant outburst :rolleyes:

It's about time the Newcastle team manager gave some credit to the opposition when things do not go the Diamonds way all the time.

Quotes from George English on the BSPA website:-

"Diamonds boss George English said: “We did well to hold them so close through the match, but losing Christian so early on left us chasing our tail a little.

“Whilst the lads rallied round well, we know how well Christian races and to lose that power right at the start of the meeting was hard to overcome, and had he not fallen we could have had this match in the bag.”"

Errm George did the Lions not lose their guest number 1 (he's called Ashley Birks, George ;) ) also ?

A couple of weeks ago at Armadale he was bleating about the ref unjustly excluding Henry, when those of us with a better view witnessed blatant foul riding by Henry.

I gather that the DVD of that incident confirmed Jim McGregor was 100% correct and a copy was sent to Newcastle - I wonder if Mr English has seen this and has now apologised to the ref for his petulant outburst :rolleyes:

It's about time the Newcastle team manager gave some credit to the opposition when things do not go the Diamonds way all the time.

Mr English was also bleating about the track at the end off the night during the interview which basically was out of order and in reply Glyn wasn,t very impressed with. As you have already said George needs to look closer to home sometimes when things don,t go his way as I think he made a massive booboo with his choice of riders in ht 15 I would have gone with Andrew Tully and Ludvig Lindgren both top scorers on the night and they only needed a 3 3 to win .

Home teams know we struggle on slick tracks, but we need to adapt or they will prepare them that way.... Updates says Leicester were blading shale towards the fence??.... Seems we've been out foxed.

I must admit that surprised me. It was after heat 6 (if I remember correctly) and the big blade came out with the edge pointing towards the fence and most of the loose shale on the inside 75% of the track was taken off. I can't remember the last time I saw anything like that (other than after heavy rain) and in later heats the blade came out again, this time pointing towards the inside without touching the loose stuff on the outside.

It would be interesting to know the reason for that, but it didn't seem to affect the quality of the racing.

Read your updates halifaxtiger. Thanks, as I missed a few heats at the start. I think you were a little unfair to the ref in heat 10. Either Steve Worralls bike had locked up and wouldnt move or he made no attempt to move it, but either way he looked to see where the other riders were whilst still on the floor (Graversen was at the back) and then stood his bike up but made no attempt to move it in time! He wouldn't have cleared the track if the race had lasted a week..

I thought Worrall made every effort to clear the track. To be fair, I was standing on the third bend, about as far away as you can get.

The riders were having trouble with the heavy wet dirt so I took a light cut and took it to the very out side. This left some dirt but not so heavy. As the dirt moved out and dryed I pulled some of it back in and rolled it at the same time. When its hot its very hard to get the watering right. If its windy and hot it drys out very quick so you put more water on and the wind drops and now its over watered.

I try to get a good race track with no dust but it is very hard at times. Hope this helps to explain why I took the dirt out.

Glyn

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing. It is not compulsory to bring in a guest rider for an unavailable number 1. I think sometimes teams would be better off using rider replacement which in this case would have been far more beneficial to Leicester.

BREAKING NEWS !!!!!

2 good meetings in a row at JRSS. ( this time with no rain :lol: )

Lasse Bjerre in heat 15 was unreal 1st time this season he showed just what he is capable of & his commitment to the cause.

Just shows even with all the in house dicontent the riders still have an incredable deep team sprit to fight for eachother .

I was very annoyed that after such a superb last heat victory there was no victory parade but speaking to Martin Widman after the meeting i totally understood that they are fast running out of dates to stage the MDL matches & they only need to run 4 races to get a result.

Does anyone know what happend to Chris Popple he just disappeared off the centre green never to be seen again???

That was followed up by a rumoured heated argument with the start marshall John at the 4's yesterday maybe John got the courage to tell him what everyone else thinks that he is awful & boring on the centre green. But this is not the 1st time he flew off the handle at someone in public

I don't know if it was just me but the whole atomsphere got more exciting when Rob took over on the centre green and brought the crowd to life instead of Popple's 1 tone squeeky voice.

All in all an excellent nights racing with thrills & spills aplenty. :t::t::t: