British Speedway Forum
oneandtwohalfs

Leicester V Newcastle Pl 13/07/13. 7.30pm

where are you?. i'm a mile from the stadium and it's been bone dry all day.. scorchio. heard a bit of thunder coming from Leicester way about an hour away but the dark cloud has missed us.

This was in the city centre earlier. The cloud followed me on my walk home (Blackbird Road) but it never came down.

unfortunately,it sounds like christian henry has suffered a broken leg,

after falling in heat 1,and being hit by stuart robson and ashley birks,

had a v good season has the lad,get well soon bud.

ashley birks has broken wrist,,,another rider who's been excellent,,,speedy recovery m8.

birks withdrawn with suspected fractured wrist also... Speedy recovery to them both

Yet more serious injuries - best wishes to both riders for a speedy recovery.

Whilst it is of less importance than the riders wellbeing it does raise the question as to what should happen in these circumstances.

A team has lost its No1 in heat 1 through no fault of their own but can now only use reserves.

Should r/r be allowed when this happens?

• Like 1

maybe for your No1 only,but how far do you go?

Top 3 maybe - after that its pretty much the reserves anyway.

I would only allow it for non fault situations as well.

I understood that his leg was ok just a deadleg but possible broken shoulder hopefully he will be back racing soon

Well another defeat snatched from the jaws of victory!!! How many vital heat 15s are we going to lose this season?? Looks like we threw away alot of points with falls from winning positions also..

Wasnt there so maybe there are reasons but why does George not give Kerr 7 rides?? He's our trump card and yet we haven't utilised it again....wasnt expecting robbo in 15 either after a fall and retirement on a track he's struggled on a few times..

Nevermind well done Leicester and get well soon lads.

Best tm in the league is mr english, his skills are first rate

i agree, just can't fathom out why Kerr( who is scoring nearly double his reserve partner) is not given extra rides.... Scunny away, Edinbugh at home and now Leicester tonight.... Unless bikes were fooked or something.

Home teams know we struggle on slick tracks, but we need to adapt or they will prepare them that way.... Updates says Leicester were blading shale towards the fence??.... Seems we've been out foxed.

Great last heat from Bjerre and fantastic match winning performance from Magnus Karlsson. Never doubted him (i'm joking Neb!). Getting outscored 17 to 3 at reserve and still winning must be a bit of record! We need to get someone in quick for Edbergs spot

All the very best to Henry and Birks, that was a really nasty looking crash.

had to nip home between heats 2-5 for due to my son having a bit of an accident. I missed the line-up for next weeks individual but someone mentioned it was a tad underwhelming. Did anyone get the full line-up? I heard Sergei Darkin, Adam Roynon, Jari Makinen and Simon Nielsen + the Lions..

Edited by volty

Get well soon Christian.

Fairly typical that our best rider around Peterborough gets mangled the night before the Fours finals.

Well another defeat snatched from the jaws of victory!!! How many vital heat 15s are we going to lose this season?? Looks like we threw away alot of points with falls from winning positions also..

Wasnt there so maybe there are reasons but why does George not give Kerr 7 rides?? He's our trump card and yet we haven't utilised it again....wasnt expecting robbo in 15 either after a fall and retirement on a track he's struggled on a few times..

Nevermind well done Leicester and get well soon lads.

Strange decision to have Robbo in heat 15 after he'd had an engine failure in his previous race and there were also three riders on higher points, but what do I know as I'm not sure exactly who is allowed in the nominated race. I do know though that I fully expected Lions to get a 5-1 and win the match as it was no contest against Magnus and Lasse.

Riders seemed to be having problems with the 1st/2nd bend and that's where Christian came a cropper. Wishing him a speedy recovery, also Ashley Birks who probably hates the Leicester track even more now.

.......TMW...... ......the ref at the meeting couldn't have been up to much then !!!!!!!!!!

Well, luckily as I said previously I was wrong so that nice referee Mr Watter's reputation is intact. Not to say it doesn't happen though - Antonio Lindback (riding for Poole at Coventry) withdrawing due to an ankle injury springs to mind which helped the Pirates win. He didn't seem to be in any pain at all jumping up and down celebrating the victory with his team mates.

Edited by Gemini

Strange decision to have Robbo in heat 15 after he'd had an engine failure in his previous race and there were also three riders on higher points,

I agree. Maybe they thought he was due one of his special starts. To be fair none of the other options looked much better. Tully took 4 laps to get by Steve Worrall and only did that when Worrall drifted too far out on bend 3/4 and Lindgren looked equally back off the pace in his last couple of starts. The other option i guess was Kerr (maybe why he was only give 6 starts to that point) but he had also struggled in his last couple of races, one of them behind Robson.

having moaned about our top 4's ability to mix it with the top men of other teams, this week they proved head and shoulders above the oppositions top men.

Edited by volty
  • Like 2

Well what a brilliant heat 15 that was and that was it same old stuff I even went into the shop to buy some stuff and Mrs H was there I ask if I come back at the end to buy some stuff the shop will be open and she said yes. So I went back at the end to spend my money and yes it was shut so I will keep my money and that's how you don't make money Mr DH give it up and let the fans run it we could not do any worse

Jackson2 please elaborate? 1. (same old stuff), & 2. (Was the shop shut or open on first go?) Or is that all you can say......? What is your point?