British Speedway Forum

MJJ duffer!!!!!!!!!!

That's very unfair on the lad. Graveyard gate and up against Hampel.

• Like 1

Congrats to Poland, although I was rooting for Denmark.

But what a horrible ref.

That's very unfair on the lad. Graveyard gate and up against Hampel.

Agreed. He went from last to second with Hampel miles ahead.

Take care all and Polska Sunday tomorrow. :t: Alan.

Poles won that by providing only 6 race winners compared to the Danes with 10. Obviously one of those wins brought in 6points of course.

As previously said, very absorbing final, as was Thursdays race off, leaves me with decent memories of WTC 2013.

Well done Poland.

Edited by nw42

Speedway sunk to an all time low tonight with the best team Denmark losing by 1 point because they were in the lead and could not play the joker. What should have been a showcase for speedway turned into a joke. The track was rubbish, extremely difficult to pass, and they could not even produce a track where you had half a chance from all four gates, gate 4 was a graveyard and at this level to produce a track like that was a disgrace. Who's stupid idea was it to have the Czech Republic seeded into the final, did someone seriously think more local fans would attend. If I lived near the track I would have watched on TV as it's much better to be embarrassed by your country in the privacy of your home than to do it in public, I would have thought they would get a better crowd with four not three competitive teams. I suppose a lot of people would have found the close score entertaining and perhaps it was if you just look at speedway as an entertainment because a sport it is not.

• Like 6

Congratulations to Poland. All respect to them and to the other 3 teams who gave their very best.

It certainly went down to the wire and ultimately speedway is the big winner.

Thankfully the Ozzie team of Ward / Batchelor ( Ward didn`t rate the others in the team ) didn`t win. Well done to the Poles BUT the team that didn`t need to use the joker finished second which was a travesty .

• Like 1

Congratulations to Poland. All respect to them and to the other 3 teams who gave their very best.

It certainly went down to the wire and ultimately speedway is the big winner.

OK

The controversial decision with Bjerre was identical to the one between Josh G and Sneddon in the TV match between the Rebels and the Monarchs, when Deek threw himself down under minimal contact by Josh`s dirt deflector.Josh was thrown out and the Monarchs scored a match winning 5-1, some consistency please or we may find ourselves going down the football path.

Always disappointing to see points gained by a "joker" or "tactical double" make the difference between winning and losing. Does nothing for the credibility of the sport. Jokers made sense in It's a Knockout and Jeux Sans Frontieres, every team have one. In a sporting event they're just a joke.

• Like 4

Who's stupid idea was it to have the Czech Republic seeded into the final, did someone seriously think more local fans would attend.

It was a joke, if the reason for seeding them through was to get more locals in, then its a massive fail for the FIM as plenty of empty seats on the home straight especially.

It should be the 4 best teams in the final that have made it there on merit. This year for me the World Cup has been totally devalued as a competition with the FIM doing that and also having it on such a poor track such as Prague. Really not enjoyed it this year, think its been great in previous years. Thank you FIM!! :mad:

• Like 2

I feel again speedway has sold itself out for a cheap gimmick. In an attempt to keep people interested and perhaps serve a thrilling climax, the Joker robbed the most deserving team the chance of well earned victory, and not for the first time. Denmark were head and shoulders above all others and their honest attempt to try and actually look serious about collecting as many points as possible to win the trophy has backfired on them.

As with the Play-Off system in the league, perhaps it is best for any country in World Cup speedway to tootle through the early part of the meeting and fall enough ebhind to play a Joker. On the other hand, perhaps a team shouldn't allow its lead to drift over five points.

Whichever way, these double points have given the winning team a hollow victory and made the sport look about as serious as snakes and ladders.

Terrific climax though...

• Like 3

Loved the way KK looked down at his "faulty bike"......... "Hmmm what`s happened here?"

• Like 1