British Speedway Forum
Ipswich Jules

Ipswich V Edinburgh 25/7/13

Sorry London Witch. I know Young51 personally and rest assured, he is no troll. He's just passionate about fighting his corner! I can't comment on the goings on at the meeting on Thursday as I wasn't there... I did read a post from earlier (haven't read them all as there's too many to catch up on :lol: ) where someone thought Barker may just be studying a team and picking out a weakeness and exploiting it or whatever you like to call it. If that is what he's doing, then fair play I guess, as it worked on Cook on Thursday!

You may well know him personally, that's your problem. But the drivel he's been spouting on here since Thursday is blatant trolling, pure and simple. Edited by Catch22
  • Like 3

Yes,quite right, people who figure out which buttons to push in order to get results are indeed clever. It is down to those who "take the bait" to learn and not get caught out again.

• Like 1

Aye whatever you say Mr Yossarian ;-) ..Have a good one :D

26 pages and probably only about four posts on the actual meeting itself, ever wondered why Joe Public thinks that speedway fans are a bunch of saddo's ??

• Like 4

26 pages and probably only about four posts on the actual meeting itself, ever wondered why Joe Public thinks that speedway fans are a bunch of saddo's ??

It's the anoraks, wulfsport jackets and the need to fill in programme at every meeting and getting upset if they don't hear the heat time to 2 decimal places that's been timed by a geriatric in the referees box with a stop watch.

You may well know him personally, that's your problem. But the drivel he's been spouting on here since Thursday is blatant trolling, pure and simple.

How is that a problem for me might I ask? :blink: As I've said before, he's just passionate about fighting his corner that's all. I'm sure there are other fans on here that may well do the same thing, only not on here, but in a face to face debate with someone.

• Like 1

Aye whatever..there's never any reasoning with you Jules..you just go on..and on ad nauseum.I think i've said my peace (along with Cookie lol ;) ).You lot should put your money where yir gubs are, and club together for a chuckaboom coach journey & come up on september the 6th to back your boys up..should be a night and a half!! ;)

What is there to reason with me about? Cook was thrown out, for good reason. The end.

It's not something up for discussion.

You moan about Ipswich threads but you're forever posting in them, closet Witches fan I reckon.

I posted a report <smug grin>. Your boy done good. His main ambition must be: to be the first rider to crack gate 4 :-)

How is that a problem for me might I ask? :blink: As I've said before, he's just passionate about fighting his corner that's all. I'm sure there are other fans on here that may well do the same thing, only not on here, but in a face to face debate with someone.

Young51 is indeed passionate about fighting his corner, but he can't accept that he hasn't got one on this particular event. The whole point is that face to face debate was required on Thursday, but Edinburgh fans were happy to celebrate Cook's violent response, and have consistently failed to accept Cook's responsibility for his own actions - even though Cook himself has done so.

Edited by Had Enough
  • Like 3

Sorry London Witch. I know Young51 personally and rest assured, he is no troll. He's just passionate about fighting his corner!............

There's nothing wrong with passion and standing ones corner. However when this comes at the cost of chanting the same mantra despite all the evidence to the contrary, you can forgive some for drawing the conclusion that he is nothing more than a troll.

As a result of this one gains the impression that he may not be the sharpest knife in the box. This may be totally unfair, but the chain of events on Thursday is now blindingly obvious, and the difficulty he his having in recognising this, questions his ability to sort facts.

The most simple piece of cognitive analysis should by now have identified the two separate dynamics of this dispute. Whether his failure to recognise this is down to a lack of intelligence, ignorance, or just sheer bloody mindedness is anyone's guess!!!!!

• Like 1

Young51 is indeed passionate about fighting his corner, but he can't accept that he hasn't got one on this particular event. The whole point is that face to face debate was required on Thursday, but Edinburgh fans were happy to celebrate Cook's violent response, and have consistently failed to accept Cook's responsibility for his own actions - even though Cook himself has done so.

Rather harsh to label all Edinburgh fans accordingly... think you'll find many pages ago both Young51 and I accepted the right action was handed out to Cookie if the ref deemed he was in not state to control a speedway bike after their discussion - which he did and Cookie agreed with in the cold light of day.

One thing that not too many of you (though some can) can accept is that what the trigger to the incident was - the spark that ignited a fire that had been smouldering for a few weeks... Granted it needed next to no spark, but indeed the spark was there.

• Like 1

One thing that not too many of you (though some can) can accept is that what the trigger to the incident was - the spark that ignited a fire that had been smouldering for a few weeks... Granted it needed next to no spark, but indeed the spark was there.

That would be Cook posting on twitter that everyone hates Barker then? And if a few nasty words is what has caused this, Cook needs to grow up! (as does Barker) Edited by SCB

I posted a report <smug grin>. Your boy done good. His main ambition must be: to be the first rider to crack gate 4 :-)

I suppose the "violent response" against the radiator was something that none of us really knew about, so how could we celebrate??, Barker and Cookie were both involved in the original "handbags" that should have been the end of it, and a quite word in both riders ears should have been fine.........(yes pun) and a £350 one at that

This subject should now be done a dusted, and we move on to chapter 10 or 12 at the Dale on the 6th Sept

Without wanting to get involved in the arguments (which were already getting boring on Friday), what did Ben Barker actually say in the Sun on Saturday?

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Rather harsh to label all Edinburgh fans accordingly... think you'll find many pages ago both Young51 and I accepted the right action was handed out to Cookie if the ref deemed he was in not state to control a speedway bike after their discussion - which he did and Cookie agreed with in the cold light of day.

Barker is a bit of a plank us Ipswich fans know that. but the spark you talk about was Cook on Twitter slating Barker. One person started it that was Cook.
  • Like 1

Barker is a bit of a plank us Ipswich fans know that. but the spark you talk about was Cook on Twitter slating Barker. One person started it that was Cook.

What was it Barker said before the KL match "I'm waiting for the call" "Have more experiance" you can go on and on, and this was before the Monday