British Speedway Forum
Adder

Centre Green Parking At Blunsdon

I think you can add Long Eaton to that list as well? Never trust a plan that involves both speedway and housing because no-one would want to buy a house next to a motor sport stadium.

Never trust a plan that involves both speedway and housing because no-one would want to buy a house next to a motor sport stadium.

I dont get that. Do all people want to live in a house in the middle of nowhere then? I'd much rather be next door to some form of entertainent or a railway line for travel etc. I wonder if it would be possible to find a house with a pub, speedway track and train station within 100 metres? Because the thing would be worth nothing as nobody else wants to live there, I'd love it!

I dont get that. Do all people want to live in a house in the middle of nowhere then?

Yes, but living next to a motor sport venue is generally not a buying point from the perspective of most people.

Yes, but living next to a motor sport venue is generally not a buying point from the perspective of most people.

Yet weirdly, someone of the most expensive houses in Coventry are on the road the stadium is on.

As for the people moaing, I bet they also moan, "there is nothing to do around here" too.

I wonder if it would be possible to find a house with a pub, speedway track and train station within 100 metres?

Rye House?

• Like 3

Spoke to a couple of people last night and the parking on the centre green will happen. I have contacted a colleague who has a camper van, which when we go to other motor events we sit on the roof and get a very good view.

This camper van has many advantages, gives a good view, has cooking facilities for bacon rolls and tea, fridge for beer and its own loo.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 3

I dont get that. Do all people want to live in a house in the middle of nowhere then? I'd much rather be next door to some form of entertainent or a railway line for travel etc. I wonder if it would be possible to find a house with a pub, speedway track and train station within 100 metres? Because the thing would be worth nothing as nobody else wants to live there, I'd love it!

Rye House has the pub and station next door, head 500 metres up the road and there's a couple of houses outside the sewage works, absolutely stinks but will probably make them even cheaper!

Spoke to a couple of people last night and the parking on the centre green will happen. I have contacted a colleague who has a camper van, which when we go to other motor events we sit on the roof and get a very good view.

This camper van has many advantages, gives a good view, has cooking facilities for bacon rolls and tea, fridge for beer and its own loo.

Don't take it to Blunsdon.

Given the state of the bogs up there people will be queuing across the track to use yours!

• Like 3

Let me know when you are going Aleksandr - I will join you for Tea and Sandwiches. :t::wink::)B)

Don't take it to Blunsdon.

Given the state of the bogs up there people will be queuing across the track to use yours!

50p a visit, now thats a great idea, thanks, could also provide tea ,beer and food to those parked on the centre green. Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Ashfield ,pub, houses,shops,bingo,bowling green and a station nearby :t::drink::party::wink::P

The generally accepted 1st speedway meeting in the Uk at high beech had fans on the centre green!!

But that was in the days before 'elf and safety came along.

Apparently Tim wanted to have the pits on the centre green when he built Newport but wasn't allowed, whether that was disallowed by the council or SCB I don't know.

I know a few people who are buying up open top double decker buses as i type this,they think the fans will love to watch the speedway from the upper deck on the centre green and have also got permission to sell alcohol.Forward thinking by some at last.

I'm still not sure if this is all an early April Fool's joke but I can think of nothing worse than watching speedway from the centre green and having to twist round every lap to follow the racing. I could perhaps last two heats then I'd be feeling rather sick. :)

• Like 2