British Speedway Forum
THE DEAN MACHINE

Buxton Speedway 20th Anniversary Air Fence Challenge 29/9

to raise money for an air/foam fence for buxton there will be an individual meeting on the 29th september at 3pm. it will be a meeting with a difference .all the riders will be ex riders from british speedway and they will be riding any speedway bike they like from japs to laydowns. we will be announcing riders names in the coming weeks .we have some big names from the past riding also we have some big stars from the past coming in a non riding part. we also have the men in black and will be having some off track things aswell to make it a fun day out for all . all money from this meeting will go towards buying an air fence for buxton speedway . look out for further details and spread the word about this meeting and lets make this meeting s big success. if anybody out there would like to sponsor this meeting in any way then please contact me or jayne . thank you Dean

• Like 7

1st name on the list of riders is ex Cradley Heath star Alan Grahame

• Like 3

Can you find something for Jacko to ride , think he was in the jap era,I would even come back to see that.

• Like 1

jack will be doing something ,not sure what yet though. but i have an idea him and a couple of others

It would be good if it was the saturday before or the monday after the plrc id defo go but cant travel back down cause of work. whats the restrictions at the track deano?

It would be good if it was the saturday before or the monday after the plrc id defo go but cant travel back down cause of work. whats the restrictions at the track deano?

unfortunatly we were tied for availible dates. i wanted it abit earlier but was not possible

Shame really cause the more money the better does buxton ground share? or is it a case of someone not realising the potential? Hope its a good day would love seeing steve lawson chris louis tatum loram etc in this kind of meeting

Shame really cause the more money the better does buxton ground share? or is it a case of someone not realising the potential? Hope its a good day would love seeing steve lawson chris louis tatum loram etc in this kind of meeting

Dean added a few more names last night at Wolves ----all sounding good !!

Edited by Main Man

Brave idea this. It could be brilliant or a disaster and I hope it works well. Buxton is a good honest little speedway club and IMO the rest of speedway should be doing it's best to help them out right now. They've stuck to what the NL is all about since day one and as a result have given the sport a number of decent riders over the years. Good luck to them (and Dean).

Brave idea this. It could be brilliant or a disaster and I hope it works well. Buxton is a good honest little speedway club and IMO the rest of speedway should be doing it's best to help them out right now. They've stuck to what the NL is all about since day one and as a result have given the sport a number of decent riders over the years. Good luck to them (and Dean).

the hard fact is buxton need an air fence. we had to try something. i have got some big names for this meeting and also we will have other off track things being planned for the day .including some really big stars from the 70s . i dont think your going to get a bigger collection of ex stars and classic speedway bikes in one place on one day and its going to be super value too. this is a one off dont miss it
  • Like 1

Can you find something for Jacko to ride , think he was in the jap era,I would even come back to see that.

With sincere respect - who is Jacko? All I can think of is former Wimbledon rider circa 1950s-60s Gerald Jackson and I know it is impossible for it to be him. He sadly passed away in July 1997 aged 75 years.

Edited by Guest

With sincere respect - who is Jacko? All I can think of is former Wimbledon rider circa 1950s-60s Gerald Jackson and I know it is impossible for it to be him.

jack lee

admission prices for this meeting are

£10 adults

£8.50 concessions

kids for a £1

• Like 1