British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Italian Gp Saturday 3rd August

Great to see Phil Rising still posting so close to the start.

And making it plain how more than capable he is at 'holding his own' here.

• Like 2

No one. To my knowledge.

I just asked a (rhetorical) question.

Like you've just done, I suppose.

:rolleyes:

Great to see Phil Rising still posting so close to the start.

And making it plain how more than capable he is at 'holding his own' here.

ALWAYS great to hear his opinions and his own personal views that he is entitled to express. I agree with the vast majority of his views but certainly not all.

Unfortunately not everyone on forums on the internet are capable of constructively penning a differing point of view or counter-argument to something. So sadly we end up wading through t i t-for-tat personal insults and attacks to see where the points and arguments (not as in rowing) are.

OK let's hope we have enough speedway incidents to talk about tonight, and i'll ignore the fact that Nige just said it's a decent crowd, errm not for a Grand Prix it isn't, the supposed height of a sport, stadium only holds 4,000 and it isn't full.

Edited by manchesterpaul

It is strange how the Italian love of motorcycle sport doesn't extend to the best one! :t: Emil needs to eat lots of Wheetabix between races to up his energy level.. :lol:

• Like 1

Welcome Alan, Not sure how many have decided to watch this on the telly, both forums are pretty quiet. It's a shame, i avidly watch any GP or any speedway on the tv.

Wow Hancock up against Covatti (1) Kasprzak (0) and Lindback (0) and ouch he didn't win! Oucheee he finished last!!!

Valiant attempt by Tai...if only speedway races consisted of five laps. Coming up Hampel against a pair of duck eggs here in Sayfutdinov and Gollob lol.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Emil devours the Wheetabix. :lol:

You would have thought at the start of the season it would be Zagar and not Gollob lining up in the 2014 Wild Card Beggar's Queue, not currently though!

Emil devours the Wheetabix. :lol:

Yeah as much as i cheer on and admire racers such as Tai, i got to admit i would prefer Emil to capture the crown.

I must say i do like that Eurosport give a recap of the previous four heats in each break.

Edited by manchesterpaul

One good race between Nicki and Tai. Otherwise pretty much as expected. Lets hope the racing hots up as the temperature falls a bit.

Noticeable how much more slick the fill-in guy is with Nicholls alongside him. I'm not having to mute the tv between breaks, which is nice...

• Like 1

Shows how dire the place is when Emil and Greg can't pass Covatti.

No disrespect to the lad as he is a decent rider but the place is a tomb when it comes to 'proper speedway'.

The crowd just about manages to qualify as such by definition but there were more people in my local ASDA this morning and nearly as many in my local library :)

I am a bit annoyed as I miss Krsko as I am in America for 3 weeks in September but manage to see this really dull excuse for a speedway meeting.

Hopefully we will never see this place again as a GP. :)

Crap so far

Loving this, best GP for many many years...

Hee Hee! variety is the spice of life so there you are.

Noticeable how much more slick the fill-in guy is with Nicholls alongside him. I'm not having to mute the tv between breaks, which is nice...

Slick is the word.

Does seem to be a bit of an increase this year of referees penalizing genuine good starts?

How awful no official spotted the tapes not going up on the left side. Hold on might be run again.

Yayyyy! re-run