British Speedway Forum
martin_t

Oh Dear, Lee Guilty Of Drug Possession

That's a sad reflection of society today the users the victim his life is in tatters hope his friends rally hardly crime of century all world champs do this you forget this is a man that's an advert for british speedway and incharge of young speedway riders god help us all and our sport he is no more than a pathetic speedway bagrat !!!!

Sorry two planks no wood mentiond in my post maby you better re read the whole train as I was reflecting the comments in my post if you are infering I'm thick you are barking up wrong tree from wich you will get you two planks if you care to chop it down

Have you just got in from a night out with Michael Lee?

• Like 7

He took Drugs - that is illegal and wrong. END OF!!! :mad:

Oh - and since when do you get Fined up for drinking a couple of pints?

Being illegal doesn't make it wrong just as being legal doesn't make it right.

What someone wants to get up to in their own time when it doesn't impact others is the business of nobody else.

Sorry two planks no wood mentiond in my post maby you better re read the whole train as I was reflecting the comments in my post if you are infering I'm thick you are barking up wrong tree from wich you will get you two planks if you care to chop it down

Drugs are bad....Mmkay?

• Like 2

Being illegal doesn't make it wrong just as being legal doesn't make it right.

What someone wants to get up to in their own time when it doesn't impact others is the business of nobody else.

According to his brief he was using speed to keep him going whilst tuning and building engines for sporting motorcycles. Not impacting on others?

Being illegal DOES make it wrong. We can't pick and choose which laws each of us abides by.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 6

Illegal is one thing but wrong is another,and debatable,Smoking a packet of Marlboro is legal but is it right or wrong? if alcahol was discovered today no doubt it would be made illegal

Next time you drive 2 Mph over the speed limit are you classes as bad? Some of our laws are out of touch with reality, as are some people

• Like 3

Im sure many of us have had relationship break ups,and other issues in our private lives,yet we know its wrong to turn to drugs to find some kind of solice.Giving his history,it appears Mr Lee doesnt learn from his past.

• Like 1

We all break the law - dont we?? - using the office photocopier - and telephone - and internet, stealing a paper clip, straying across private land to take a short cut, smoking under age, carrying 3 people in a 2 people car, starting speedway bike on the pavement. Those are some of mine - nobody else done anything?

• Like 3

I may be a bit pedantic here, but I see from the "Greatest Rock 'n Roll Band " thread, that one of your favourites seems to be Elvis Presley.

Admired by millions, yet he was hardly virtuous when it came to this kind of thing was he?

Edited by Shale Shaker

There seems some remarkable hypocrisy in replies that condemn Michael Lee. He broke the law, he was caught, he was fined. That should be the end of the matter. Sadly, the chattering class among BSF members appear to enjoy pillorying others even when they are caught and been punished in law.

It's time to move on and leave Michael Lee to live his life as he sees fit not for his misdeed to become a focal point. There are far more important things happening than what is in essence a misdemeanour not a live shattering crime that has affected many other people.

That's a sad reflection of society today the users the victim his life is in tatters hope his friends rally hardly crime of century all world champs do this you forget this is a man that's an advert for british speedway and incharge of young speedway riders god help us all and our sport he is no more than a pathetic speedway bagrat !!!!

And for those of us whose first language is English . . . . . . ?

There seems some remarkable hypocrisy in replies that condemn Michael Lee. He broke the law, he was caught, he was fined. That should be the end of the matter. Sadly, the chattering class among BSF members appear to enjoy pillorying others even when they are caught and been punished in law.

It's time to move on and leave Michael Lee to live his life as he sees fit not for his misdeed to become a focal point. There are far more important things happening than what is in essence a misdemeanour not a live shattering crime that has affected many other people.

Yes a great post and i hope Mike gets the help and support from his family and friends and he gets through this tough period.One of my all time sporting heroes great memories of his racing past and love listening to his views on speedway as it is in his blood.We have all made mistakes,has there ever been a human being who has not? i say give my him a bit of slack.As all of us could end up on are uppers at some stage in our lives and might need a helping hand.
  • Like 2

And for those of us . . . . . . ?

Which train is this, by the way? Savoy Brown's by any chance?

According to his brief he was using speed to keep him going whilst tuning and building engines for sporting motorcycles. Not impacting on others?

Being illegal DOES make it wrong. We can't pick and choose which laws each of us abides by.

As long as the work he was of a good quality then no, it didn't impact others. If it was impacting others then yes, it's bad but if it was that bad he'd lose cust wouldnt he?

I still don't agree. We've had numerous law removed, changed and created. Are you saying that while the law was around it was ok but when it was removed it was bad? It's not that black and white. Yes he HAS to be punished, he has broken the law but certainly regarding the weed, it's a pretty silly law IMO.

Who really gives a fig leave the bloke alone

Exactly.

Some bloke who never existed said 'judge not lest ye be judged' and I bet he smoked weed.

It's not like he was selling it to schoolkids.

I have smoked the stuff whilst building a bridge. Yes absolutely idiotic but we all do such silly and strange things.

I bet that there are not many here that are of the saintly kind and never do anything illegal no matter how small.