British Speedway Forum
Mauger_Magic

Newcastle Diamonds V Sheffield Tigers Pl Brough Park 6.30pm

Nobody should be surprised at the result. Been like this for two seasons now. The club need's a good shake up.

2 Seasons, god were always awful at Newcastle, even our title winning teams got gubbed at Brough...The club does need a shake up though.

Almost a re-run of the KOC Cup meeting with only Wells and the guest number 1 providing any threat although I have to say Facundo Albin gave absolutely everything in every race and his 1 point return does not reflect his efforts. Awful crash for both of the Sheffield lads in heat 2 and it was a relief to see them both walk away from it although Koppe aggravated his injury and pulled out after bravely attempting to carry on. Roynon was a little bit better than the cup match but Haines was I'm afraid well off the pace. As for Andre, well he's not had a really good match at Brough since he left us all those years ago and again struggled tonight. He actually looked quicker in the after meeting demo ride with Robbo.

Far too easy for the Diamonds but they took full advantage. Need to hope Henry returns soon though as rider replacement will make us vulnerable against stronger opposition with Richie and Ludo unable to take a ride.

Great to see the young lads riding afterwards. Only saw the first 3 heats but glad to see young Lewis pick himself up after that altercation with the backstraight fence. Credit to TS and all those involved. Very encouraging to see lads as young as this riding around Brough.

• Like 1

Almost a re-run of the KOC Cup meeting with only Wells and the guest number 1 providing any threat although I have to say Facundo Albin gave absolutely everything in every race and his 1 point return does not reflect his efforts. Awful crash for both of the Sheffield lads in heat 2 and it was a relief to see them both walk away from it although Koppe aggravated his injury and pulled out after bravely attempting to carry on. Roynon was a little bit better than the cup match but Haines was I'm afraid well off the pace. As for Andre, well he's not had a really good match at Brough since he left us all those years ago and again struggled tonight. He actually looked quicker in the after meeting demo ride with Robbo.

Far too easy for the Diamonds but they took full advantage. Need to hope Henry returns soon though as rider replacement will make us vulnerable against stronger opposition with Richie and Ludo unable to take a ride.

Great to see the young lads riding afterwards. Only saw the first 3 heats but glad to see young Lewis pick himself up after that altercation with the backstraight fence. Credit to TS and all those involved. Very encouraging to see lads as young as this riding around Brough.

Lewis (Winthrop) actually won his third ride, once he got his bike sorted, after it had packed up at the start of his second ride.

I was particularly impressed by Kyle Bickley, who looked very stylish for one so young, also Leon Flint looked handy too. Two names for the future I'm sure.

2 Seasons, god were always awful at Newcastle, even our title winning teams got gubbed at Brough...The club does need a shake up though.

I did not mean the results just at Newcastle. I mean most results. At all track's.

Lewis (Winthrop) actually won his third ride, once he got his bike sorted, after it had packed up at the start of his second ride.

I was particularly impressed by Kyle Bickley, who looked very stylish for one so young, also Leon Flint looked handy too. Two names for the future I'm sure.

Lewis is a very stylist little lad who I see regularly at Northside, along with all the other riders that were appearing last night. Very pleased he was not hurt when he had several attempts to got free himself of the second bend fence, before unfortunately succumbing to it. He was shook up and very shocked but with the delay he calmed down and in fact could have gone in the rerun but for a broken clutch lever which needed to be replaced. Next ride his bike failure, but he showed he was back with a bad gate but made a brilliant safe pass under young James. Had the crowd 'ooing' but it was safe and nice to see he had fully recovered from his crash. Good advert for the youngsters and many thanks to the NEDL chairman Jamie Swales and 125cc meetings overseer Jason Pipe. I thought it was a bit disrespectful to break up their meeting by letting senior riders test equipment. Not sure how Richie was allowed out with red lights on, but was told that Robbo and Compo were out testing the official rev limiters. We knew about the first ride so no problems there , but to be shoved out a second time, without being told, was a tad disrespecful IMO. Many thanks to all the fans who stayed on, getting behind especially the two Newcastle young riders, Archie and Jack Flash, at 8 and 9 years old being the youngest riders on display. Well done to both and all the other riders. Good win for Kyle.

Good win for the Diamonds, So easy from a poor performing Tigers team. Pleased to see that the two reserves were relatively uninjured in heat 2. Could have been a lot worse but neither needed an ambulance which was good. Although Koppe was eventually withdrawn from the meeting, poor Albin had to continue with his injury, which I am told meant that he had to be lifted on and off the bike for each ride. I guest he won't be walking straight for awhile. Whilst we in the crowd were hoping both were OK, think what the Ladies Newcastle Football team must have thought on seeing it. They were first timers at Speedway and, as our guests, were on the centre green behind the startpost. I think they were quite shocked when they saw Albin catch the homestraight fence and tumble, only to be runover by his teammate, which left both lying not moving on the track. We take these things in our strides with Speedway, as it is part and parcel of the sport, but I know some of the girls were a bit shocked at it.

Tully on fire at the moment and showing the form that the promotion had expected with his signing this year.

Edited by Tsunami

Good to see Andre Compton back and practising after the meeting too although he was out with Robbo and Robbo took off from the start like a rocket, take heart Sheffield fans Andre's really trying to get match fit.

• Like 2