British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skodaman

Leicester V Scunthorpe 3.8.2013

that's exactly as i saw the incident with Ellis, Steve. Didn't see the offer from Karlsson though but certain elements of the crowd were booing Auty as he crossed the line clearly under power in heat 11. To compound these jokers Auty appeared to have hurt his arm as well (I'm guessing the chain whipped up at it?). Was Karlsson's offer after the Ellis race or Heat 13 when Auty went down. The unfortunate bit about heat 13 was there was a large element of the crowd cheering Auty as he went down, well before any offer of a lift back might have happened.

Yes, sorry should have made clear, it was after heat 13 that Auty just completely ignored Karlsson's offer of a lift & continued walking the complete length of the green back to the pits.

Well Lewis Blackbird certainly came back to Leicester & proved a point. He rode really well, & showed the Leicester management that they made a huge mistake in letting him go. Throw in Lewis Kerr, & they have let 2 up & coming Brits go elsewhere & prosper. Wonder if Branford will do the same if he can go to a track that doesn't knock the confidence out of him.

Yes, sorry should have made clear, it was after heat 13 that Auty just completely ignored Karlsson's offer of a lift & continued walking the complete length of the green back to the pits.

Maybe fancied a walk!!...if he heard him,MK didn't seem to fussed

With regards to the cheering when Auty fell,I don't think it had anything to do with him falling,it was last bend and I think the Lions supports were only cheering home there riders on a vital 5-1

Well Lewis Blackbird certainly came back to Leicester & proved a point. He rode really well, & showed the Leicester management that they made a huge mistake in letting him go. Throw in Lewis Kerr, & they have let 2 up & coming Brits go elsewhere & prosper. Wonder if Branford will do the same if he can go to a track that doesn't knock the confidence out of him.

Harsh on the promotion and actually ignore certainly some of the major facts in them both not being at Leicester. The reason Kerr went was because we also wanted to keep Blackbird in a double up role and he wanted a full time place. Having stuck with Blackbird with scoring under 2 last season after a few weeks he decided he was unhappy and wanted away.

The only criticism and mistake as such would have been ignoring the advice of the crystal ball tucked away in amongst the oily rags that said Blackbird would want away and as such giving Kerr the jacket at the start of the season instead.

Lewis only beat the same 3 riders all night, Sarjeant (which he would expect to) Klindt (his own team mate) & Ellis.

Edited by Elmo

Blackbird was asked to share with Branford & decided he needed a full time Premier League spot & Scunthorpe were looking to replace Bates. If Leicester hadn't introduced Branford, Lewis would have still been a Lion. So as it has turned out, with Branford scoring less than Blackbird,it was a bad decision by the management. Think they got carried away with Branfords under 21 win.

Blackbird was asked to share with Branford & decided he needed a full time Premier League spot & Scunthorpe were looking to replace Bates. If Leicester hadn't introduced Branford, Lewis would have still been a Lion. So as it has turned out, with Branford scoring less than Blackbird,it was a bad decision by the management. Think they got carried away with Branfords under 21 win.

i think you need to do your homework because you are completely wrong.

Wow, three good league meetings on the bounce. Where's Robert and co. it's not the same. Only 20 odd post on this thread and not one slagging off the promotion. Must be getting it right.

Well done Leicester.

• Like 2

Neb ive done my homework, & trust me that's the FACTS.

do it again cos your way off the mark.

Neb ive done my homework, & trust me that's the FACTS.

Whilst not wanting to get in an argument about who the best is and why anyone left, having seen Sargeant, Blackbird and Branford around BP then my money would be on Sargeant being the one to succeed as a Leicester rider riding BP on a regular basis.

As far as Lewis Kerr is concerned, he seriously looked a rider in the making last year even when he was scoring zero as a PL guest and you would have needed to be blind not to recognise that he was a better prospect than either Blackbird or Nielsen. That is, i'm sure, why Glyn signed him. Unless you saw things through Dave Darcy's eyes and saw a top rider in the making before injury, then the only reason for keeping Nielsen over Kerr (or Blackbird) was loyalty. (That is IMO by the way, i don't need abusing for having a go at someone's favourite rider). The reason Kerr didn't end up a Leicester rider is open, i'm sure, to endless conjecture.

Wow, three good league meetings on the bounce. Where's Robert and co. it's not the same. Only 20 odd post on this thread and not one slagging off the promotion. Must be getting it right.

Well done Leicester.

Without wanting to ignore the pride of the midlands (some of us made the effort to go, not many, but some!), I'd have said one good meeting, one shocker and two OK meetings. I'd agree it's definately heading in the right direction, as any previous 4 meeting run would generally see 3 shockers and an ok meeting, but nearly 3 years down the line and most the fans have cleared off already so i'm not sure you could say well done Leicester for that..

Edited by volty

I await your version of events with interest Neb. The meetings Blackbird was asked to cover were meetings when Branford was riding abroad. Instead of just saying im wrong, tell me why im wrong. I hope all the young Brits find regular Premier & Elite berths,but don't think the Leicester track helps their confidence. The last statement is just my opinion, & is not meant to stir the anti Leicester mob up again.

Whilst not wanting to get in an argument about who the best is and why anyone left, having seen Sargeant, Blackbird and Branford around BP then my money would be on Sargeant being the one to succeed as a Leicester rider riding BP on a regular basis.

As far as Lewis Kerr is concerned, he seriously looked a rider in the making last year even when he was scoring zero as a PL guest and you would have needed to be blind not to recognise that he was a better prospect than either Blackbird or Nielsen. That is, i'm sure, why Glyn signed him. Unless you saw things through Dave Darcy's eyes and saw a top rider in the making before injury, then the only reason for keeping Nielsen over Kerr (or Blackbird) was loyalty. (That is IMO by the way, i don't need abusing for having a go at someone's favourite rider). The reason Kerr didn't end up a Leicester rider is open, i'm sure, to endless conjecture.

Without wanting to ignore the pride of the midlands (some of us made the effort to go, not many, but some!), I'd have said one good meeting, one shocker and two OK meetings. I'd agree it's definately heading in the right direction, as any previous 4 meeting run would generally see 3 shockers and an ok meeting, but nearly 3 years down the line and most the fans have cleared off already so i'm not sure you could say well done Leicester for that..

It was a bit tongue in cheek that post. At least you, Mick, put a valid argument forward.

Well Mick if the reports and stories from Leicester on Saturday are right nothing more wilm be seen through Dave Darcy's eyes as he is no longer involved with the club after falling out with Mr Hemsley, He will go back just to being a supporter and sponsor. There was also rumblings of other officials not being happy the way that they are getting spoken to

Well Mick if the reports and stories from Leicester on Saturday are right nothing more wilm be seen through Dave Darcy's eyes as he is no longer involved with the club after falling out with Mr Hemsley, He will go back just to being a supporter and sponsor. There was also rumblings of other officials not being happy the way that they are getting spoken to

I had to read that twice to convince myself there isn't the sinister meaning that I first saw!

I thought Saturday's meeting was mediocre. To be fair, there were a couple of genuine-looking passes, but there were numerous strung-out races, and a few unusual crashes on bends 3/4. Howe doesn't seem the sort of rider to fall off on his own, but he did on Saturday. Auty didn't deserve the moronic abuse he got from some idiots; it was a good, fair pass. I don't think he saw Magnus offer the lift back to the pits as he'd already walked several metres onto the centre green when Magnus rode up and stopped out of his field of view.Another point dropped at home, and our play-off chances are disappearing. Several fans are saying we can pick up points at Rye House and Redcar, but I think it's misplaced optimism.

Edited by Leicester Lion