British Speedway Forum

Really??

Yes really, ask any member of the crowd from that night at Derwent Park, wasn't nice to see

Just seen on the Facebook site it's Branford for Ash

Disappointing news about Ash, hope this injury isn't that serious? U21 Champion cant be a bad replacement so I hope young Branford can show some good form and get us a few points, gonna be tough now but you never know, we can still get that point!!! ;)

Weather seems set fair so all systems go!

Recent history points to a close battle between Rebels and Comets, whether home or away, with the home side usually just coming out on top. Whilst Lawson, Howarth and Bach are normally a handful round the OTA, with the Rebels able to put out a full-strength 1 - 7 for a change, I'd like to think they could take this with a little more to spare than previously - perhaps by 10 or 12?

Well never thought I would say this but that was a terrible performance from the Comets, on this form if we do qualify for the play-offs we will be out in the 1st leg. 13 last places says it all, and what has happened to Rusty, doesn't seem interested. Well think we need to start planning for next year

Edited by stemoc

Well never thought I would say this but that was a terrible performance from the Comets, on this form if we do qualify for the play-offs we will be out in the 1st leg. 13 last places says it all, and what has happened to Rusty, doesn't seem interested. Well think we need to start planning for next year

If we qualify for play offs everybody will want Workington as we are poor away at top tracks,

Edinburgh,Newcastle,Somerset,Ipswich,

• Like 1

To be fair it's seems like there was more than rusty that had an off night

I agree Skoobie not just Rusty everyone of our heat leaders appeared to be below par, only Kyle can come away with his head held high.

If we qualify for play offs everybody will want Workington as we are poor away at top tracks,

Edinburgh,Newcastle,Somerset,Ipswich,

Unfortunately you are right Justin, lets hope the lads can up their game

Rebels continued where they left off with Redcar and murdered the Comets. All the Rebels again firing on all cylinders. I was completely surprised by how poor the Comets were. I thought the announcer said they were the league leaders but the Rebels made them look like a national league team only Kyle Howarth was prepared to mix it.

Next bring on the Devils!

To be fair it's seems like there was more than rusty that had an off night

Rusty was completely pathetic all night, trailed a mile round at the back in his first 3 races and didn't even bother to cross the line and pulled into the pits early in all of these before making a go of heat 13. To be fair to him though, he wasn't the only one. Richard Lawson completely uninterested, Aarnio and Bach had their few moments and only Kyle Howarth came away with any real credit.

It could be said the Comets were made to look even worse due to such a strong Rebels display - one of our worst riders on display was Doyley, how often is that said? And even then he was paid for double figures. Kyle once again very solid, whilst the reserves chipped in where they needed to. The other three were simply sensational, Morris and Davies were in a different league and out of sight every time by the time they exited bend 2. A class above anybody on show.

Was this the same Workington team that visited a few weeks ago? Track was much more grippy than usual and perhaps that caught them out. It certainly suited the Rebels especially Nick Morris who clocked 56.68 in heat 3. After a track grade following heat 4, Rebels banged in three 5-1's so it was against cry's of "Leave well alone" that there was more tractor racing after heat 7. Doyle had a bit of an off night (for him) and bike stopped in heat 15, for the second week Simon Lambert was worth more than his points. Racing a bit processional but that was down to a poor Comets performance rather than the track. Nick Morris was rider of the night. Looking forward to Friday Tod Kurtz said he would be fit to ride but Gathercole definitely not fit. He said Plymouth had signed two new riders, did not say if they will be declared in time for Friday, but he may have meant that one new signing was Jensen, who has ridden for Plymouth already.

Edited by oldtimer