British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Great Central

Wightlink Islanders V Dudley Heathens

Awesome match tonight both sides fighting hard to get the upper hand great atmosphere unfortunately over shadowed by the usual social network crap that follows dudley everywere thanks the steve boxall you gave it your all as a guest and our lads stepped up a great four points and all the best to tom perry

To steve boxall

I dont know what the aformentioned stuff you refer to was, but i was there and stood at the first bend with Bradtony and his good lady, no problems that we heard of. The meeting itself was a closely fought match up to the 10th heat when the scores were all square, then Ellis had an EF when his Carb came off when leading, this cancelled out an earlier EF for Lewis Blackbird, and in the same race Danny Stoneman provided the fireworks when his bike caught fire, and a big 5-0 to the Heathens, who from then on in increased there advantage to take all the points. For The Islanders Young Ellis is fast when in front, but needs to learn how to overtake, Dazza rode well, and Tom Perry is NOT fit, from his own mouth he said his shoulder is Knackered. For The Heathens, Steve, Lewis, and Starkey scored 37 points between them, but the match wouldnt have been won without backup, and BOY did they get that, cometh the hour cometh the MAN in the shape of young Nathan Greaves, 12+ was the haul he got, and Im sure the Heat leader trio would be the 1st to admit he was the STAR of the night, once again an enjoyable visit to the Island, and the supporters were there in large numbers, and the Island fans were generous in there applause. If i were an IOW supporter i wouldnt be to despondent about this result, many are saying this would be the case when Ellis got into the team proper, but 2 points from your No1 is where it was won and lost for me, Im NOT blaming Tom Perry, he is clearly unfit, and Im guessing it will be touch and go wether or not we see him again this season, For The Heathens Steve Boxhall was a fantastic guest for our No1 and we didnt miss Ash, Ishy would have maybe scored about the same as RR, and thanks to Danno Verg, but he didnt score the points Cleggy would have done, so on another day maybe the score would have ended much closer, not much to choose between the two Teams.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1

Mate we were cheering tom p going down and a riders bike catching fire according to certain people the first cheer was a masive one when tp got up and walked back the second was as our lads crossed the line as the said bike caught fire but the rider decided to gob off saying it was aimed at him and slagging us off both comments have now funny enough gone

I dont know what the aformentioned stuff you refer to was, but i was there and stood at the first bend with Bradtony and his good lady, no problems that we heard of. The meeting itself was a closely fought match up to the 10th heat when the scores were all square, then Ellis had an EF when his Carb came off when leading, this cancelled out an earlier EF for Lewis Blackbird, and in the same race Danny Stoneman provided the fireworks when his bike caught fire, and a big 5-0 to the Heathens, who from then on in increased there advantage to take all the points. For The Islanders Young Ellis is fast when in front, but needs to learn how to overtake, Dazza rode well, and Tom Perry is NOT fit, from his own mouth he said his shoulder is Knackered. For The Heathens, Steve, Lewis, and Starkey scored 37 points between them, but the match wouldnt have been won without backup, and BOY did they get that, cometh the hour cometh the MAN in the shape of young Nathan Greaves, 12+ was the haul he got, and Im sure the Heat leader trio would be the 1st to admit he was the STAR of the night, once again an enjoyable visit to the Island, and the supporters were there in large numbers, and the Island fans were generous in there applause. If i were an IOW supporter i wouldnt be to despondent about this result, many are saying this would be the case when Ellis got into the team proper, but 2 points from your No1 is where it was won and lost for me, Im NOT blaming Tom Perry, he is clearly unfit, and Im guessing it will be touch and go wether or not we see him again this season, For The Heathens Steve Boxhall was a fantastic guest for our No1 and we didnt miss Ash, Ishy would have maybe scored about the same as RR, and thanks to Danno Verg, but he didnt score the points Cleggy would have done, so on another day maybe the score would have ended much closer, not much to choose between the two Teams.

It all went wrong for the iow in ht 11 when a 3-3 turned into a 0-5 after Ellis shed a chain and the reserves bike caught fire, they completely collapsed after.

The heathens will walk the league , well led , good reserve and top heatleaders.

One thing tho, I thought this national league was for genuine up and comers ( of which it was great to see lots of youngsters on both sides last night)

Do you really need the likes of boxhall (a capable prem league heatleader and an adequate elite league reserve ) poncing about in this league getting easy money rather than riding in a league that befits his talent?

It all went wrong for the iow in ht 11 when a 3-3 turned into a 0-5 after Ellis shed a chain and the reserves bike caught fire, they completely collapsed after.

The heathens will walk the league , well led , good reserve and top heatleaders.

One thing tho, I thought this national league was for genuine up and comers ( of which it was great to see lots of youngsters on both sides last night)

Do you really need the likes of boxhall (a capable prem league heatleader and an adequate elite league reserve ) poncing about in this league getting easy money rather than riding in a league that befits his talent?

This argument comes up all the time. It's good for these lads to be in this league Wright, Blackbird, Boxall otherwise when they do get to the next league it's a too bigger step the lads know what they are aiming for and they are all there to be beaten. If they can't beat the likes of them in this league then they are going to find the PL tough.

The Heathens were very well behaved no one spoke out of turn their appluse was fair to both sides .They should of enjoyed the meeting not just because they won (well done ) but because it was a good meeting .Things like Brendon Johnson getting his bike off track when the Heathens were on a five one .would not happen at Poole !!!!!!!!!!!. Well done to the Heathens again and you would all be very welcome anytime(Also Greyhound he behaved as well )

The Heathens were very well behaved no one spoke out of turn their appluse was fair to both sides .They should of enjoyed the meeting not just because they won (well done ) but because it was a good meeting .Things like Brendon Johnson getting his bike off track when the Heathens were on a five one .would not happen at Poole !!!!!!!!!!!. Well done to the Heathens again and you would all be very welcome anytime(Also Greyhound he behaved as well )

And yet reading some comments(since deleted) on Facebook all Heathens fans are the scum of the earth.

Martin_t

I fail to see the logic in this sort of comment about other supporters the mutton heads are not fans quite the opposite. Long term if folk make unpleasent and offensive remarks on here new fans are not going to go to speedway for fear of a problem with fights and so forth it still is a family sport so lets keep it that way.

I have been to a Heatherns meeting at Woverhampton with my wife and never had a problem with anyone there .We were HOMMERED no one took the piss out of us .

I susspect the derogity remarks were deleted because both Grehoundp and mysel put the record straight

I think Steve was only barred from being used as a guest when on that 11.38 assessed average. Now on the lower calculated average can't see why he can't be used as a guest..

What does SR18.2.2 mean then? Sreve Boxall has a NEG against his name in the current averages??

Martin_t

I fail to see the logic in this sort of comment about other supporters the mutton heads are not fans quite the opposite. Long term if folk make unpleasent and offensive remarks on here new fans are not going to go to speedway for fear of a problem with fights and so forth it still is a family sport so lets keep it that way.

I have been to a Heatherns meeting at Woverhampton with my wife and never had a problem with anyone there .We were HOMMERED no one took the piss out of us .

I susspect the derogity remarks were deleted because both Grehoundp and mysel put the record straight

The remarks I was talking about us were on Facebook,sadly it happens all too often.Still,water off a ducks back to me :-)

There was one Dudley fan in particular who stood by the startline who jumped up and down cheering when Tom Perry came of his bike, he then shouted a lot of abuse over at Tom for not getting straight up again.So to far away for people on the first bend to have seen or heard. his picture is going to be up loaded to face book for everyone to see, don't know how he can call himself a supporter he was a disgrace.

neg against his name means he cannot ride as a guest in the prem leage as a nl rider ie a reserve in a prem league team is absent so the facility is a nl guest but not one with neg nothing to do with guesting in nl