British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
barrow boy

Rye House V Leicester Saturday 10.08.13

Leicester will be without Lasse Bjerre for this one because he will be contesting a World Under 21 event at Berwick. Do Leicester seek to replace him with a guest rider or will they operate R/R instead?

Not many suitable replacements will be available with a similar average. Perhaps the only 2 to be considered are Ricky Wells who has achieved 2 double figure scores this season at Rye House and perhaps Stuart Robson is a possibility or will it be left to the other Lion's riders to share the rides.

Looks like Olly may be back for this one, it appears testing went okay today ))

Just got to confirm Nelson and see if Jase G is ready then we will have a full Rockets team out for the first time in a long long while :drink:

Not many suitable replacements will be available with a similar average. Perhaps the only 2 to be considered are Ricky Wells who has achieved 2 double figure scores this season at Rye House and perhaps Stuart Robson is a possibility or will it be left to the other Lion's riders to share the rides.

Wells guests

It says on Rye House's site that included in Leicester's team is Wolverhampton Wolf Magnus Karlsson. The first part is correct but I'm not so sure about the second part.

include former Wolverhampton Wolf Magnus Karlsson.

And no it has nothing to do with farming.

Edited by nightshift

It says on Rye House's site that included in Leicester's team is Wolverhampton Wolf Magnus Karlsson. The first part is correct but I'm not so sure about the second part.

And that Ben Morley is on stand-by for Rye House if Jason Garrity in unfit.

Think I will come down to this now that the Kent v Wimbledon fixture is not taking place on Monday. I've been quite critical of Rye House at times in years gone by, but must admit to enjoying my visits now, and am sure this will turn out to be another good race meeting around the Hoddesdon Raceway, or Rye House Stadium, which ever official title it has. Also going to make the visit of Bank Holiday Monday when Berwick are in town, along with the 125cc Youth Championship which I'm especially looking forward to. Having travelled round the country a bit this year in support of the British Youth Championship, which is so brilliantly organised by Neil Vatcher & Phil Morris, watching these kids race is a joy to behold, their parents must be so proud of them. So fingers crossed for nice weather this Saturday, and a nice evening out.

Will be going to this one. What's ther parking like ?

Parking right outside the stadium but advise getting there early. There are housing estates with parking on streets local too.

• Like 1

Parking right outside the stadium but advise getting there early. There are housing estates with parking on streets local too.

Passing up Rye Road yesterday and saw a notice on the railings opposite Fisherman's Way saying "Speedway Car Park" so assume this is an overflow Car Park from the stadium one. Looks to be plenty of room in there.

Think it's been opened once this year. I think it was because of a big meeting at the Rye kart way stadium. Some speedway people use the Kart stadium to park and enter via pit entrance, mind the big hole in the car park entrance when you come in. Ok when it's dry as you can see it, but after rain it just looks like a puddle. Perhaps Lens filled in now after Shadders damaged his car wheel in it.

Think it's been opened once this year. I think it was because of a big meeting at the Rye kart way stadium. Some speedway people use the Kart stadium to park and enter via pit entrance, mind the big hole in the car park entrance when you come in. Ok when it's dry as you can see it, but after rain it just looks like a puddle. Perhaps Lens filled in now after Shadders damaged his car wheel in it.

£80 for a new tyre.

Don't park in the part of the car park in front of the admission gates as they triple park there. If you're in the middle row of the three you may be stuck there for a while after the meeting.

Rye House Press Release:::

:::::::

G-Force Remains Grounded

It has been confirmed that Jason Garrity, who suffered a broken leg at Sheffield back on May back on May 16th, will not be fit to return to action in the Silver Ski Rockets’ home and away matches against Leicester this weekend.

With the Rockets’ only recourse being a National League guest, regular go-to guy Ben Morley – who impressed last month with paid 10 against Glasgow – will deputise in Saturday’s home match, while Josh Bates – who is averaging out at 7.75 (including bonus points) in his second year with Mildenhall – will cover in Sunday’s return at Beaumont Leys.

Why are Rye entitled to NL guest for Garrity???

He is

Not a reserve

Not a no 1

Or not missing a match due to commitments with another club on the continent which is usually why you have to run with NL guest.

He is injured riding in the main body of the team at 2-5 so my understanding is they have to use R/R ????