British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
manchesterpaul

Sgp/bsi And Sec/one Sport It Is War Now

THE Aussie channel that screens the SGP is nationwide and although there are vast distances involved from say Perth to Sydney it is hardly comparable to Russia where Vladivostok is virtually on a different continent to Moscow.

No doubt the bottom line is that no TV station in Russia is interested although, given that IMG actually have an office in Moscow, I am sure it has been touted around.

What happens with the football and ice hockey coverage when matches are staged in Vladivostok? do TV stations across Russia pretend it doesn't take place because it is on a far flung side of their nation?

What happens with the football and ice hockey coverage when matches are staged in Vladivostok? do TV stations across Russia pretend it doesn't take place because it is on a far flung side of their nation?

nelonen pro shows it in finland.

Europsport is available in all of Russia, and Eurosport shows the SEC speedway live - and it is free tv, not pay-tv, which means huge viewing figures - that's the big difference and the big advantange the SEC series has over the SGP in most countries.

THE Aussie channel that screens the SGP is nationwide and although there are vast distances involved from say Perth to Sydney it is hardly comparable to Russia where Vladivostok is virtually on a different continent to Moscow.

Yes, but Vladivostok is an extreme example. I think most of the speedway tracks in Russia are in the Urals area; probably all within 400-500 miles of each other which isn't a lot different to the distance between Plymouth and Edinburgh.

No doubt the bottom line is that no TV station in Russia is interested although, given that IMG actually have an office in Moscow, I am sure it has been touted around.

Perhaps the asking price is considered too high...? After all, SEC seem to manage to stage a round in Russia which has seemingly been beyond the SGP for a number of years.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

FOR starters SEC events don't have to pay the FIM 20,000 Euros (been down this road before) and why should BSI feel obligated to take the SGP into Russia when they can do better elsewhere?

Can hardly compare popularity of soccer and ice hockey in Russia with speedway.

FOR starters SEC events don't have to pay the FIM 20,000 Euros (been down this road before) and why should BSI feel obligated to take the SGP into Russia when they can do better elsewhere?

But surely a European Championship shouldn't have to pay the same as the World Championship?The fact that they have turned the competition into something much better than it was should be counted against them i guess in your opinion?As for doing better than a brilliant stadium like Togliatti.....Phil you are trying to have us on.We have seen the product/stadiums on offer and most can't cut the mustard...(can't get any smilies at the mo,but be sure if i could i would be laughing my butt off at your comments trying to defend Terenzano or Daugavpils....god help us with Riga etc)

How much could the Italians have been paying for a GP was played out in front of a virtually empty house?

Could say the same about speedway in every country where there's a GP. Only in Poland could speedway even be considered a mainstream sport, but the reality is it's way behind football and probably even basketball in popularity there.

How much could the Italians have been paying for a GP was played out in front of a virtually empty house?

Could say the same about speedway in every country where there's a GP. Only in Poland could speedway even be considered a mainstream sport, but the reality is it's way behind football and probably even basketball in popularity there.

GPS in Italy pay same inscription fee as British GP at Cardiff.

No one disputes how good the stadium in Togliatti is but what about Gustrow and Holsted?

Anyway, this theme is just a handful of us going round in circles. Time to move on ...

Incidentally, Humphrey, have you taken out an online sub for Speedway Star as you promised? No doubt you are a man of your word so I thank you.

No one disputes how good the stadium in Togliatti is but what about Gustrow and Holsted?

Anyway, this theme is just a handful of us going round in circles. Time to move on ...

Stadium front yes,despite recent improvements to both neither are near the best stadiums going.What i would say though is that at least Güstrow imo is one of the best race tracks i have been to.If that comes over on tv then the sport is a winner.And if the atmosphere for big meetings there is repeated then there will really be fireworks!!!!It would look amazing if they let off the pyrotechnics like at some of the football matches

Apart from that i do agree,we are going round in circles and i think there will be a bit more back + forth in this before we are sure what is going to happen next year

Incidentally, Humphrey, have you taken out an online sub for Speedway Star as you promised? No doubt you are a man of your word so I thank you.

Actually I haven't as I don't think there was iPad support initially (I think you said it was due at the end of November), but if it's available now then I'm happy to take out a subscription as I promised.

We're not talking about the inscription fee which will be set by the FIM, but the staging fees paid to BSI. As we know from Gorzow spilling the beans, they can be substantial.

THERE will be a SS app available as a free download from iTunes on Thursday but, frankly, the best deal is through exact editions.com/speedwaystar.

I have been out of the UK for some time now and read the last three editions on my iPad. Works well...

• Like 1

It really does beggar belief how some people seem to be flocking to the banner of 'Onesport'.

Do we want the World Championship put in the hands of an effectively mafioso body?

We've seen how they operate and we are seeing further examples of it now.

Non-stop progaganda via the polish website, much of it half truths or total lies to whip up support for their agenda.

We've seen them blatantly continue to advertise Tai Woffinden as racing in the final round of the SEC last year, causing issues for the rider himself, when they knew all along and had indeed been informed he would not be riding.

We've seen how the owner of Torun acts (big player in this) when he doesn't get his own way. He makes Matt Ford look like an angel. Pulling his team out of the 2nd leg of a Play-off Final just because he couldn't bully his way to a postponement? What are we to expect next? Cancellation of Championship rounds if his rider can't make that meeting?

Now we have these threats from Emil, who just happens to be a Torun rider....

Actually I haven't as I don't think there was iPad support initially (I think you said it was due at the end of November), but if it's available now then I'm happy to take out a subscription as I promised.

We're not talking about the inscription fee which will be set by the FIM, but the staging fees paid to BSI. As we know from Gorzow spilling the beans, they can be substantial.

There isn't an app as such Humphrey, but you can subscribe through Exact Editions and it is viewable on the IPad, it's how I read it myself.

JUST to repeat, the SS App will be available from December 5th but personally think it better to go through Exact Editions... incidentally, the net income for SS from either method is about the same

this inscription fee?? Is it sort of like a meeting license or what? Organizer pay's it to get a right to organize the said meeting and with that you get insurance coverage and stuff like that? Asking because i'm uncertain what it means.