British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Sheffield V Edinburgh (pl) 15/8/13 @7.45pm

I must admit i agree with the above posts, it seems like we always struggle with team building. The team is depleted, the fans are losing interested, and who knows if Sheffield will run next season? also heard speedway could be coming back to Odsal...

It's more the fact I go to see Sheffield riders.. Injuries happen I understand but we have shown no effort to rebuild with a Sheffield team.. Guests at 1 , Joe Haines retired now over a week, koppe out a while now, bring back Andre who is past it.. Look at teams like Rye and Plymouth, Poole in elite who have also suffered lots of injuries but they try and get in replacement riders so they can track a 1-7 team.. It helps with team work in the pits and riders ride better in pairs on the track..

I am not paying £30 a week to watch a Sheffield select team..

I have also seen some away performances which are diabolical ..

I don't have my rose tinted glasses and listen to Hoggys bullrubbish..

Like I said if we get a Sheffield team to watch I will return

Well for a lad who's past it did he not beat the top of the average rider! Here's the thing when Andre came from retirement he also brought his engines that were from circa 2008 so with all the changes to the silencers etc he/we have had to work out how to get them to work right.That's why after every meeting home and away he's been out on track changing things and trying to make them work.Newcastle home and away he had a faulty ignition coil which prevented to bike picking up from the start and out of the corner.Last week. We borrowed an engine which worked really well and may have used it again tonight had it not been past its service interval.When it comes to racing he has bought the best with no expence spared that's why after all the work and progress its time for some new engines.The top lads who have been to sheffield are running titainium through out which seems to be working very well from the starts which I'm sure Andre wouldn't mind me saying he has never been the greatest.He has however talked with me about hiring Scunthorpe next week just to practice starts for the day.On the Engine front we're looking at various engine tuners to buy the right engines to do his job.The quote for these would be around 6000 Euros each.All of which should we preceed with them will come from our company.He's not messing about and unfortunately so far he's riding harder on very dated stuff. Past it he's notRegardsDC

• Like 2

Looks like Deek's move to reserve has come just at the right time of the season.

Another solid away performance by the boys in blue & gold and 4 points to go with it!

Captain Deek is in a rich vain of form right now hopefully he can keep it going.

But hope mitchell is okay sounded nasty and hope it is not as bad as feared. get well soon mitch.

Albin need some new bikes. Never get anywhere with the rubbish he is riding now. Any kind hearted sponsor out there.

Looks like Deek's move to reserve has come just at the right time of the season.

Unfortunately his big points haul came at the expense of an injury to Mitchell Davey - hopefully he will make a speedy recovery, he's not had any luck.

Wonder if derek will be considered as roynons replacement for saturdays test at workington on this form he should.

Roynon has already been replaced by your number 1 for saturday.

Initial report on Mitchell Davey was a badly broken femur after colliding with Oliver Greenwood's back wheel and going over the fence on to the dog track; hope you make a full recovery Mitchell.

Olly was a fighter! With more experience in the PL then I reckon the kid will become very good!

Best wishes go out to Mitchell Davey in that nasty crash, hope he has a speedy recovery.

Edited by Hel'n'Back

Hoggys comment tonight : Hoggart admits his side were simply outgunned; “It was as tough as we expected, they’re a very good side and I have no problem with them winning because they were just better than us.

Everyone in the league is better than us .. We are next to bottom again for a second successive season!!

Hello anyone there you built the shambles last 2 year.. Thankfully I have hardened and stopped going , I would normally put up with the rubbish as I would think it might get better.. I have realised it won't and there is no interest from the top.. I really think after 14 years I need a new team..

Good to see Olly Greenwood get a go in the PL,how did he go??

I was very impressed with the lad, I would certainly welcome taking more Guest bookings for us this season.

• Like 2