British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
garygunson

Torun Gp 2013

There are a few expensive hotels and a few hostels available on booking.com ....

travel plus on facebook maybe putting on a tour, should i go with them, thanks racer and royal, i will look into what you suggest, will touts be about?

travel plus on facebook maybe putting on a tour, should i go with them, thanks racer and royal, i will look into what you suggest, will touts be about?

travel plus tours will charge you an arm and a leg for a trip you could book yourself but as torun may be sold out they could be only option.

TRAVELPLUS sold out their original tour (more evidence that hundreds think it is money well spent) but have managed to acquire a few more tickets and have put together a second package.

If I'm reading it right Travel Plus charge £458 for a 3 night trip which includes all transfers from Gdansk or Bydgoszcz. Only 10k hand luggage. Breakfast included. Your GP ticket has to be purchased as an extra, not sure if that at cost price, and £40 extra a night for a single room. If going to a Polish league match on Sunday that's extra too.

Being generous the flight would have been no more than £100 if booked well in advance. Normal rate for a double room in this modest out of town hotel is £25 per person per night.

As the GP is in Torun with no Torun airport, and the GP always sells out, an organised tour is more appealing than some TT tours as the transfers are made easy but anyone can do the maths.

Earlier in the season Gothenburg for 2 nights was £469 but you could book that yourself for half the price allowing you to come and go when you want.

In Cardiff Travel Plus will charge £118 per night for a double room with breakfast at the Ibis. A similar deal in September costs £66 per night.

As you say Phil it's money well spent.

If I'm reading it right Travel Plus charge £458 for a 3 night trip which includes all transfers from Gdansk or Bydgoszcz. Only 10k hand luggage. Breakfast included. Your GP ticket has to be purchased as an extra, not sure if that at cost price, and £40 extra a night for a single room. If going to a Polish league match on Sunday that's extra too.

Being generous the flight would have been no more than £100 if booked well in advance. Normal rate for a double room in this modest out of town hotel is £25 per person per night.

As the GP is in Torun with no Torun airport, and the GP always sells out, an organised tour is more appealing than some TT tours as the transfers are made easy but anyone can do the maths.

Earlier in the season Gothenburg for 2 nights was £469 but you could book that yourself for half the price allowing you to come and go when you want.

In Cardiff Travel Plus will charge £118 per night for a double room with breakfast at the Ibis. A similar deal in September costs £66 per night.

As you say Phil it's money well spent.

RECORD number of punters think it is money well spent. Not sure what the Ibis charge in September has to do with what they charge over the GP weekend.

Booked our Ryanair fights to Bydgoszcz for Torun GP in April ... cost £287 per person. Hotel in Torun (not modest or out of trown) around £100 per night.

RECORD number of punters think it is money well spent. Not sure what the Ibis charge in September has to do with what they charge over the GP weekend.

Booked our Ryanair fights to Bydgoszcz for Torun GP in April ... cost £287 per person. Hotel in Torun (not modest or out of trown) around £100 per night.

CORRECTION: cost per person was £203...

This is all very strange.

I only looked at the prices to go Stansted to Bydgoszcz for the Torun GP with Ryanair earlier today.

The decision we were pondering over was to pay £232 to go Friday and come back Monday.

Or to have an extra night going on Thursday and coming back Monday which would work out a fair bit cheaper at £135.

Taking one bag adds on £30.

These prices are for TWO people return.

FOUR people with Ryanair to Bydgoszcz ...

PAYMENT DETAILS

*******287.92 GBP Total Fare

*******204.96 GBP Taxes, Fees & Charges

********20.00 GBP Passenger Fee: EU 261 Levy

********56.00 GBP Passenger Fee: Web Check in

*********2.00 GBP Passenger Fee: ETS

********56.00 GBP Passenger Fee: Administration Fee

********90.00 GBP Passenger Fee: Checked Bag(s)

*********1.69 GBP Passenger Fee: Mobile Text

********80.00 GBP Passenger Fee: Reserved Seating

********15.97 GBP Passenger Fee: Credit Card Fee

*******814.54 GBP Total Paid

FOUR people with Ryanair to Bydgoszcz ...

PAYMENT DETAILS

*******287.92 GBP Total Fare

*******204.96 GBP Taxes, Fees & Charges

********20.00 GBP Passenger Fee: EU 261 Levy

********56.00 GBP Passenger Fee: Web Check in

*********2.00 GBP Passenger Fee: ETS

********56.00 GBP Passenger Fee: Administration Fee

********90.00 GBP Passenger Fee: Checked Bag(s)

*********1.69 GBP Passenger Fee: Mobile Text

********80.00 GBP Passenger Fee: Reserved Seating

********15.97 GBP Passenger Fee: Credit Card Fee

*******814.54 GBP Total Paid

That's the problem with budget airlines I suppose.

Much cheaper flights available today than way back in April!

My first ever GP abroad , booked ages ago and frankly cannot wait , got invoice yesterday and even got the option of having a meeting at the hotel with some bloke called Phil ! ( seemed like a bargain so box ticked ) , with the chance of Woffie going for the title in Torun it could be some trip

RECORD number of punters think it is money well spent.

A record number of punters doesn't mean anything without context. A record since when? Hundreds on this particular trip, or hundreds over the whole time these trips have been run?

That's the problem with budget airlines I suppose.

There's nothing especially cheap about Ryanair. I've invariably found them as expensive as more established airlines on many occasions by the time you've added everything in, although I suppose there's an argument they keep the prices of the established airlines down.

Their real advantage is they fly to more obscure cities direct, although the downside is you usually have to deal with Stansted at the UK end.

A record number of punters doesn't mean anything without context. A record since when? Hundreds on this particular trip, or hundreds over the whole time these trips have been run?

There's nothing especially cheap about Ryanair. I've invariably found them as expensive as more established airlines on many occasions by the time you've added everything in, although I suppose there's an argument they keep the prices of the established airlines down.

Their real advantage is they fly to more obscure cities direct, although the downside is you usually have to deal with Stansted at the UK end.

Absolutely right as the print out that Phil put up shows just how there even more add-ons than ever.

These have to be totted up before you can call it a true price to compare to others.

Minimising baggage to say one 15kg bag between two, deciding not to opt for reserved seating and using a debit card to book all reduce the additional charges.

One of the things that the package travellers welcome, i suppose, is not having to go through that process.

And then you can find, as here, that booking up to six months in advance can give you a worse deal than waiting until now to sort it!

Quite infuriating.