British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Rye House V Ipswich (premier League) 17th August @7pm

Rye v Ipswich encounters are usually lively, entertaining affairs. This one should be no different. The possibility of a Jason Garrity return after a long lay off and doubts over Olly Allens arm injury make this a hard one to call. Cameron Heeps was injured at Ipswich last night, so doubts over his fitness too.

Hopefully a decent attendance despite the Latvian GP on Eurosport, but the forecast of heavy showers and light rain may put a few off

Edited by Shadders

Rye have shown at times just what may have been possible with just minor tweaks and a lttle more ambition.

Agree with Shadders that the injury situation could go a long way to deciding which way this one will go.

Would love to see the Witches pick up at least a point to keep up the 'perfect' record.

Im going to go for a draw but just for RocketBen1 Witches by 20!

the weather forecast looks poor for this at the moment, no doubt this will put a few people off from travelling. i will be in north london tomorrow so i can leave later than normal.

I wonder if Ipswich had had the same level of of depletion through injuries as Rye would they have tweeked with the team in a more ambitious way? no of course they wouldn't, had Garrity and Allen had a few weeks back on track before this encounter then an easy sixteen point win would have been on the cards as it is i still see a Rye win but maybe shedding a point along the way.

Edited by westhamboy66

Knowing Lens track record with early call offs & looking at the crap forecast for tomorrow (yet again on a Saturday!!) would not be surprised to see the usual signs before 10am on a Saturday morning..... "Rye house speedway - POSTPONED"

Knowing Lens track record with early call offs & looking at the crap forecast for tomorrow (yet again on a Saturday!!) would not be surprised to see the usual signs before 10am on a Saturday morning..... "Rye house speedway - POSTPONED"

know where you are coming from but surely even he wont act before 4pm!!!!!!!!

No need to go for an early rain off unless the track is saturated. Ipswich is out local derby!!

No need to go for an early rain off unless the track is saturated. Ipswich is out local derby!!

Spot on ......but this is speedway.

• Like 1

I wonder if Ipswich had had the same level of of depletion through injuries as Rye would they have tweeked with the team in a more ambitious way? no of course they wouldn't, had Garrity and Allen had a few weeks back on track before this encounter then an easy sixteen point win would have been on the cards as it is i still see a Rye win but maybe shedding a point along the way.

I take it you dont like my opening comment!

I certainly wasnt belittling Ryes injury situation which has been the worst of any in the league.

It was more that with so much scope within the points limit at the start of the season it could have been possible for Rye to be title challengers IMO.

Injuries have forced changes and proved other options were available that may have achieved that.

Rye have been competitive DESPITE an under strength starting line up and the injuries and have therefore shown they may have been capable of much more.

My comment really was a compliment as on the face of it Rye should be stone cold bottom of league given this set of circumstances.

• Like 1

Spot on ......but this is speedway.

Running out of available dates. 28th September is free, or another bleedin double header on 7th or 14th. We also have to factor in the KOC should we get past Redcar on 31st August

Edited by Shadders

Running out of available dates. 28th September is free, or another bleedin double header on 7th or 14th. We also have to factor in the KOC should we get past Redcar on 31st August

knock knockout cup on head so to speak and replace with League fixture on 31st best idea..........but this is spee...........

This has all the makings of being a classic, with Rye snatching a win and Ipswich going down for the first time in 7, this is of course as long as the weather holds out and a 7 man Rockets team too as Jason returns at number 7 and Olly ok for number 1 - 49-41..

And no please, no more stupid 6pm starts.

This has all the makings of being a classic, with Rye snatching a win and Ipswich going down for the first time in 7, this is of course as long as the weather holds out and a 7 man Rockets team too as Jason returns at number 7 and Olly ok for number 1 - 49-41..

And no please, no more stupid 6pm starts.

Not good for you Ken, especially with the footie season underway

If this goes ahead I think the key match ups will be 2nd and 3rd heat leaders and reserves. Anders against Tungate, slight home advantage, Nelson against Lanham, pretty even, Kasper and Jason G against Richie and Adam, could go either way dependant if Jason returns as he finished before injury and if Richie can outgate Kasper, as Richies starting is patchy and Kaspers is virtually non-existent. Could be close but hope that Rockets can just take the 3 points on offer.

Edited by bolly

If this goes ahead I think the key match ups will be 2nd and 3rd heat leaders and reserves. Anders against Tungate, slight home advantage, Nelson against Lanham, pretty even, Kasper and Jason G against Richie and Adam, could go either way dependant if Jason returns as he finished before injury and if Richie can outgate Kasper, as Richies starting is patchy and Kaspers is virtually non-existent. Could be close but hope that Rockets can just take the 3 points on offer.

Would prefer to see Ben Morley rather than Kasper at reserve at home. At least the kid can gate and he's found some aggression recently going into the first bend.