British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Witches V Devils ( Pl ) 22-8-13

Im lucky I suppose , I only live 5 miles away so not a big issue for me to go and have it called off but I wasn't going in till I knew one way or the other .

Im actually surprised they weren't taking people's money ! ( makes a change )

I just feel sorry for any fans that travelled great distances like Plymouths .

But , please please please Ipswich speedway , keep us better informed in these situations , make it known for heavens sake if there's a planned track inspection at a specific time and just let the paying public know what's going on !

• Like 1

We didn't even leave home, we decided (whilst sat outside my house in the car) we were going to leave it as late as we could before leaving to still be there for the first heat...luckily the news came in with just a couple of minutes to spare!

We learnt from last time.....

Where's Aljack when you need him? :wink:

Think we all knew what the decesion was going to be, but to be continually told its on and the tracks fine is the most annoying thing! Its the last week of school hols, last time that many kids will be going and for them to be let down at the last minute is hard to take as they have been looking forward to it all day. http://www.ipswichwitches.co has no updates on it. Facebook page has a few disgruntled fans though! If there is any reply from the "Witches" it will just be:

"Blah blah blah, not our fault it was the weather, that last mm put us over the edge!"

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

With only 3 weeks left before the cut off date, I appreciate every effort had to be made to get it on. The three forecasts I saw said, no more rain after 6pm, sadly all three were wrong. We've got meetings on when many others would have said sod it, sometimes you win sometimes you lose, this time the forecast was wrong and we lost.

I arrived at 7.10 just as it was called off.

Firstly - definately the right decision. Too wet and with rain still falling (heavy as I left at 7.35)

Secondly - call off should have been hours ago. There was no way there had been deteriation in a short space of time.

Pragmatically no big deal for me as only a few minutes from home and given earlier in the day I had moved only 200 yards in an hour on an Motorway sliproad tonight was quite a pleasant drive!!

Feel for those with longer journeys though.

With only 3 weeks left before the cut off date ...........

When is the cut-off, is it the 19th? Could Plymouth return that night? Or could we run a Saturday meeting the week we go to Sheffield?

Could we not ride fri or sat 30/31st? No Spedeworth meetings so maybe a possibility?

Ps thats the 2nd postponement vs Plymouth this season!

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

According to Bacon on twitter, the track was fine, meeting only called off because of the rain. So can you not race in the rain on a fine track?

• Like 1

According to Bacon on twitter, the track was fine, meeting only called off because of the rain. So can you not race in the rain on a fine track?

Depends if you're the one going into a bend at 70mph with no vision I suppose.

The track may have been rideable at 5.30 or whenever they posted that it was still on, the persistent rain from 6 caused the referee to inspect the track at 7, postponed after it was still raining at half 6. those who wanted to could have gone in, i did and spoke to jl about it hence my opening sentence. in my opinion, if it had gone ahead, the meeting would have been poor, gate n go stuff, and any more rain, which we had from 7.30ish would have caused the track to go like ice and would of no doubt resulted in a rain off with people having paid to get in. either way, in my opinion, the promotion couldn't win.

Thomas Cosgrove

P.S Siggy was taking a track walk so those going to see him still could have, he was about!

Depends if you're the one going into a bend at 70mph with no vision I suppose.

they used to race in the rain and very often race in the rain in Denmark. So is cos riders now mainly use roll off systems and not throwaway tear off or plastic held in a spring like the old days. And believe me I know what it's like to race in the rain and not being able to see a lot, I've done it at at 160mph

From where I was in the car park it looked like the entry gates were closed , did they actually let people in tonight ?

If so then they are bang out of order yet again !

All hell broke loose earlier in the season when let in 30 seconds before a meeting was called off .

They have seriously got to improve pr and communication !!!

I don't think the turnstiles were opened at any point. After the call off the main gate was opened and you could go in and view the track. IMO the right decision was made but a little too late.

• Like 2

The main thing is ... if you want to complain, or better still make suggestions to improve things: don't just do it on here, contact the club directly.

• Like 1

I had a degree of sympathy for CL last night, he did everything in his power to get this away. One thing that was evident when in consolation with the opposing team was the decent from a just a couple of riders, and a visiting mechanic.......a certain Mr Jason Doyle. This was not ideal, he was supplying several of the riders with bullets to fire. It appears that home riders were ready race. Over and out!