British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Kent Kings V Dudley Heathens 26th Aug **3pm Start**

With Heathens strength in depth they may feel R/R is the best option and gives their lads a chance of extra money ,,always welcome at this level,,By the way Kents ,Ben Morley guests for Glasgow at Redcar thursday ,, Jeoy Ringwood injured,,they obviously saw his ..paid 9 for Rye last weekend Hope he does well...

With Heathens strength in depth they may feel R/R is the best option and gives their lads a chance of extra money ,,always welcome at this level,,By the way Kents ,Ben Morley guests for Glasgow at Redcar thursday ,, Jeoy Ringwood injured,,they obviously saw his ..paid 9 for Rye last weekend Hope he does well...

Great to see Ben get a few Premier Bookings. :D

Not if we have a guest. Won't be r/r then.

How about Robert Lambert ? Joking really. Steve Worrall or Joe Jacobs probably the more obvious choices.

NOT a 6.30pm start...!

This coming Monday is a Bank Holiday so start time is 3pm.

This has clearly been shown on our website and in the programme from day one!

Can you get this amended gustix (via a Mod if necessary) as the last thing we need is people arriving late to find it's all over!!

My sincere apologies for giving the incorrect time. I have just contacted a Mod to ask for an amendment to be made.

Who are the Heathebs ? :blink:

It's the old Anglo-Saxon spelling!!! :wink:

Its Yam Yam spelling for Heathens AJ :wink: or perhaps dear old gustix pressed the key next to N :lol: he didnt have his glasses on.

:t::rofl:

All very slipshod on my part. All as mentioned reported to a Mod - awaiting the corrections to be made. :oops:

It does look as though some sort of correction has been made - no amendment to Heathebs-come-Heathens and the time seems to have been taken down. I'll go back again to a Mod.

Just in case the Bank Holiday Monday start time of 3pm does not appear in the main heading to the thread, I have quoted my original Post.

Main topic thread now very nicely sorted as is the spelling error for Heathens - thanks to Mod Lioness. :approve:

How about Robert Lambert ? Joking really. Steve Worrall or Joe Jacobs probably the more obvious choices.

Yes have to agree, just checked the fixtures and averages, we can use anyone except Charles Wright, which leaves us a choice of Robert Lambert, Adam Ellis or Steve Worrall, Steve has guested for us in the past, and always done a good job, Robert is probably engaged elsewhere, but Its pretty close to the Ferry for Adam :wink: , however we are riding against the Islanders on the next day, so Im guessing we will go for Steve.

Edited by greyhoundp

Can assure you it's R/R not a guest

If its RR, Parsloes, then i have Kent down as favourites for this meeting, 15 from Stevie B, means you need another 31 points from 6 riders, can you do it ? I think you can, and will.

If its RR, Parsloes, then i have Kent down as favourites for this meeting, 15 from Stevie B, means you need another 31 points from 6 riders, can you do it ? I think you can, and will.

I'm not so sure I think we may miss out by 10.

Can assure you it's R/R not a guest

I have to ask, how do you know? Inside info? Guess? This is only going to happen if Blackbird is not #1 in the working official Green Sheets in my opinion as the rest can take his four programmed rides. Checking on the Dudley site he is, infact, behind Paul who is slightly ahead at #1 by a merest fraction. Anyway all in Kent have a good day on Monday & all the riders have a safe and enjoyable day and entertain the good crowd that you will have! May the best team win!

I have to ask, how do you know? Inside info? Guess? This is only going to happen if Blackbird is not #1 in the working official Green Sheets in my opinion as the rest can take his four programmed rides. Checking on the Dudley site he is, infact, behind Paul who is slightly ahead at #1 by a merest fraction. Anyway all in Kent have a good day on Monday & all the riders have a safe and enjoyable day and entertain the good crowd that you will have! May the best team win!

How many days before a match does a team have to nominate its riding order for a match? Remember this sort of information is needed so that programmes can be printed. It's Thursday now so the information regarding Dudley Heathens riding order may already have reached the programme editor? :rolleyes:

Edited by Guest

I have to ask, how do you know? Inside info? Guess? This is only going to happen if Blackbird is not #1 in the working official Green Sheets in my opinion as the rest can take his four programmed rides. Checking on the Dudley site he is, infact, behind Paul who is slightly ahead at #1 by a merest fraction.

I know because the declared team (which is indeed submitted for inclusion in the programme) has R/R at number 1. I concede that's a tad unusual when at no. 1 a guest is permitted but can tell you that's what's been 'declared'...

Please Note all..

There will NOT be Sidecar Racing at Central Park in the second half on Monday.

This was an error in the last week's programme.

I know because the declared team (which is indeed submitted for inclusion in the programme) has R/R at number 1. I concede that's a tad unusual when at no. 1 a guest is permitted but can tell you that's what's been 'declared'...

Please Note all..

There will NOT be Sidecar Racing at Central Park in the second half on Monday.

This was an error in the last week's programme.

Thanks Parsloes for the info re our R/R at #1, I thought that the declaration had to be done 7 days before the meeting by both teams. Strange, but then we are the Heathens and the management must think that the other 6, if in fine fettle, will cope with a full 7 man Kent. We will see the outcome as it could be a mistake with SB probably getting 14/15 and the rest of the Kings getting 31/32 for a win. That makes it that both our holiday weekend meetings are running with R/R then and we will be back to normal on Tuesday for the Island at Monmore Wood. Have a good day Monday and I will have to search eBay for the Kent programme!

I think most of The Heathens fans are remembering the spirit shown by Kent at Monmore Wood a few weeks ago, as stated then this was the best racing seen at Monmore Wood this season, which is why having RR at No1 in our opinion gives The Kings a slight edge, plus the Stevie B factor.

Edited by greyhoundp

So Steve Boxall guests for the Heathens on Sunday @ Buxton.Next day rides against the Heathens ??? Only in Speedway,no wonder the sport is not taken seriously.