British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Kent Kings V Dudley Heathens 26th Aug **3pm Start**

Personally i have always considered Bryn to be one of the best most knowledgeable announcers in the business. It has been said many times already the problem is with the sound system..Keep announcing every time your asked Bryn..Top man...

With DB back announcing on Monday unless anything changes, why not come up to the bar area where I'll be sitting, introduce yourself and we can have a chat regarding why you think I should give up unpaid mic work and I don't! :wink:

And let me buy you a beer Bryn too on Monday for stepping into the breach on the Bank Holiday!!

• Like 1

As a BSF newbie, I haven’t been able to respond before now because I am still restricted to 3 posts per day. However, the delay has been useful because it has given me time to reflect on the situation. I genuinely thought I was contributing to the ongoing debate about the Central Park sound system, but it looks as though my comments have been mistaken for a personal attack on Bryn. This was never my intention and I apologise unreservedly to Bryn if he has been offended by my comments. I tried to be diplomatic and respectful, but obviously failed.

I think what we should be concerning ourselves with here, is how to improve the speedway experience for the Kent Kings’ spectators. The sound system is clearly causing problems for people, me included, in several parts of the stadium – just look at how many of the recent postings have been about that and not the speedway itself.

Hi. Havent posted on here for a bit due to work etc but thought id put a point/suggestion across? Yes the sound quality of the PA isnt top notch but seems that the management are aware of this and are making efforts to rectify it so let's all give them the time? As one poster said Rome wasnt built in a day, but personally i think for a 1st season in the sport at a new venue the progress has been brilliant and the little problems are surely just teething problems? Im sure it will all be sorted out in time?

Secondly have the management considered having an announcing duo during the meeting? The usual announcer in the refs box plus a "roving" reporter out and about in the pits and centre green grabbing interviews with riders, management etc? This will im sure add to the enjoyment of the evening for everyone as it worked well at Lakeside when they had the chap going around, and now Jon Cook is out there doing the job? It just adds a bit to the whole experience being able to hear 1st hand from riders straight after a race or incident and also from managers etc? Its only a suggestion as just thinking of ways to improve things? Also, I havent been along for few weeks, again due to work but ive also noticed there's no music played inbetween heats? Just wondering if this is due to the sound restrictions placed in the planning permission or if it's just a case of not getting round to doing it yet?

In response to the last two postings above let me firstly say to "KWB" that I fully accept his apology, not that one was really necessary in that whether or not someone likes an announcer at any track is always a matter of opinion in any event. Reflecting on my response to your posting perhaps I would have been better delaying same to later in the afternoon / evening as I'm definitely not what you might describe to be a 'morning person!' I'm sure the Central Park PA system, perfectly adequate I assume for greyhound meetings, will be enhanced when practical to cope with the demands of the speedway spectators.

And yes "gammy73" I would imagine thought will be given to having a presenter with a roving mic in addition to the box announcer but whether that would be feasible might be governed by the strict noise restrictions placed upon the club when planning permission was approved of course.

There's no CD player as part of the equipment in the box but we did have some music on BHM thanks to Derek Barclay being able to fathom out how to connect his Ipod to the control panel and get it to work - far too technical for me! Lol

See everyone later when I'm just there to watch and I think we will witness a cracking match, well at least I'm hoping we do!

I've no idea how anyone can say there's no music played between heats!! There most certainly has been from day one.. I can only think you're baseing your comment on the Stoke match a fortnight ago when I got stuck in traffic, Dave Jessup had to step in to announce and on that mereting only there was no music..