British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

its not really a team that i want but a likely team!

To be fair I would have 3 of them but don't think it will happen

You need seven contributing riders right off your carrying the two reserves.

Dollan isn't going to pull up any trees, which will put a lot more pressure on Wethers, Vissing and Bellego who I think collectively will average about the same or slightly more than there starting CMA's

Seb Alden at no1? When will Berwick fans learn? Yes he will win you races by half a straight against Plymouth or a Sheffield team being fronted by Ricky Wells. But anyone with half a braincell knows. Inconsistancy has followed Seb Alden all throughout his career he has a 7.5 average for a reason.

Dollan isn't going to pull up any trees, which will put a lot more pressure on Wethers, Vissing and Bellego who I think collectively will average about the same or slightly more than there starting CMA's

Seb Alden at no1? When will Berwick fans learn? Yes he will win you races by half a straight against Plymouth or a Sheffield team being fronted by Ricky Wells. But anyone with half a braincell knows. Inconsistancy has followed Seb Alden all throughout his career he has a 7.5 average for a reason.

I will get slammed down, but Hey Ho!. Everyone seems to be looking for a team made up of other teams castoffs, time to do what Peter Waite did in 2001. Retain David Bellego then Liam Carr at reserve then look for 5 new riders,yes a massive risk but if explained properly to the fans why it needs to be, it mat pay off. Cannot be any worse than last 3 seasons,

Who has said no1 and a 7.5 average is not that bad when you look at last seasons Team.

I will get slammed down, but Hey Ho!. Everyone seems to be looking for a team made up of other teams castoffs, time to do what Peter Waite did in 2001. Retain David Bellego then Liam Carr at reserve then look for 5 new riders,yes a massive risk but if explained properly to the fans why it needs to be, it mat pay off. Cannot be any worse than last 3 seasons,

I agree but finding the riders that want to come to Britain these days isn't as easy as previous years in Peters era.

Who has said no1 and a 7.5 average is not that bad when you look at last seasons Team.I agree but finding the riders that want to come to Britain these days isn't as easy as previous years in Peters era.

Riders are available, but you need the contacts to find them (Newcastle perfect eg). Something we seem to lack, the main reason riders probably dont want to come to UK is the poor financial incentive to do so. In my mind the current format is not working, so time to try a different tack.

Of last years squad I would only have Bellego Kozza and Alden back,though I think there is a fair chance that only one of them will be in the line up.Some fresh faces are needed though and Covetti would be a good shout IMO.

Be daft not to have Alden back on his average IMO.

He is never going to go any lower than 7.5 and if he clicks, which he easily could, then he can be a 9.00 man. He could quite easily do what Rymel did and cut out all the nonsense and have a pretty dominant season one year. If he was to do that you would want it to be in a Berwick race jacket.

• Like 1

agree with tourettes re using own assets or getting own assets.personally i would use bellego.alden.carr and take a chance that nikki barret can get his confidence and for back. use carr and barret as reserve pairing. keep matty wethers if possible and make him captain and get two new riders. whether scaninavian eastern european or not. might be worth gamble on the young french guy on 5 points. by my reconning that works out at 32.12

alden7.37

wethers 6.79

bellego 6.36

carr 3.00

barrett 3.60

french guy 5.00 (his name slipped mind)

so then got just over nine points for new rider or established heat leader olly allen for example. five assets 2 loans

but that all depends on whether alden gets head right bellego wants to come back and barrett gets back to way he rode 2012.

• Like 1

Riders are available, but you need the contacts to find them (Newcastle perfect eg). Something we seem to lack, the main reason riders probably dont want to come to UK is the poor financial incentive to do so. In my mind the current format is not working, so time to try a different tack.

Were too late now for different tack .disappointed with Promoters Meeting nothing new regarding PL .IMO it needed freshened up and changes regarding guests,r/r options.But what's new everything hunky dory with them.

agree with tourettes re using own assets or getting own assets.personally i would use bellego.alden.carr and take a chance that nikki barret can get his confidence and for back. use carr and barret as reserve pairing. keep matty wethers if possible and make him captain and get two new riders. whether scaninavian eastern european or not. might be worth gamble on the young french guy on 5 points. by my reconning that works out at 32.12

alden7.37

wethers 6.79

bellego 6.36

carr 3.00

barrett 3.60

french guy 5.00 (his name slipped mind)

so then got just over nine points for new rider or established heat leader olly allen for example. five assets 2 loans

but that all depends on whether alden gets head right bellego wants to come back and barrett gets back to way he rode 2012.

DIMITRI BERGE

Were too late now for different tack .disappointed with Promoters Meeting nothing new regarding PL .IMO it needed freshened up and changes regarding guests,r/r options.But what's new everything hunky dory with them.

And it will continue as long as promoters are making the rules

Dunno what planet people are on wanting Barret back, wow. The guy is absolutely woeful.

We should be able to sell him to Glasgow now that they seem to be running next season.