British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

big name no 1 possibly?

Rumours at the end of season were Dyer,Hansen ,Kennett,we know it's not Kennett don't know if other 2 are possibilities.

Think he also in Poland this year so that always a concern for Saturday track.

Why? I really fail to see why people get so concerned at PL league level about people riding in Poland the next day, it isnt a problem. Fair enough if your in the Ekstraliga and its play off time they have practice on a saturday, but with respect to any PL riders riding in Poland, they arent going to be in the Ekstraliga.

Most flights are from Stansted and involves a lot of time on the road if you are at Berwick on the Sat,and most meetings are in the afternoon which makes it a tight schedule main reason not to ride for Berwick IMO.

Edited by Fromafar

Most flights are from Stansted and involves a lot of time on the road if you are at Berwick on the Sat,and most meetings are in the afternoon which makes it a tight schedule main reason not to ride for Berwick IMO.

Rymel managed it for long enough, as did Magosi, depends how much the rider wants it.

Rymel managed it for long enough, as did Magosi, depends how much the rider wants it.

Correct, but riders like Barker will have a choice of clubs IMO. So why take the one that I the most inconvenient .UNLESS terms are the best on offer.Rymel and Magosi used to get the night bus through Berwick when they went to Poland can't see Barker wanting to sleep on a bus for 5 hours.

I think its the Sunday matches at Gasgow and Newcastle plus the fact that Poland have rain offs and pretty re run at any night of the week they choose. Add to that Poland will come first they don't mess about. Pretty sure the season or the one after where Jonasson was turning up when he fancied it, he was banned for a season for missing one Polish match for Stal Gorzow.

Rymel was with Miskolc in 2008 and Krosno the year pervious I think when he was badly injured? not sure if Rymel did other season in Poland. The Krakow deal never quite happened

I remember he and Pietraszko doing a few sporadic meetings for Eldarna in Sweden, never pulled up any trees though...

Magosi still doing the buisness on foriegn shores, boy he can gate

I think its the Sunday matches at Gasgow and Newcastle plus the fact that Poland have rain offs and pretty re run at any night of the week they choose. Add to that Poland will come first they don't mess about. Pretty sure the season or the one after where Jonasson was turning up when he fancied it, he was banned for a season for missing one Polish match for Stal Gorzow.

Rymel was with Miskolc in 2008 and Krosno the year pervious I think when he was badly injured? not sure if Rymel did other season in Poland. The Krakow deal never quite happened

I remember he and Pietraszko doing a few sporadic meetings for Eldarna in Sweden, never pulled up any trees though...

Magosi still doing the buisness on foriegn shores, boy he can gate

Now thats an asset not listed in Berwicks asset list. I would have Norbi back like a shot, dont know if he ever paid John A. back the money he owed. I do know he paid me back and Cara House

Why? I really fail to see why people get so concerned at PL league level about people riding in Poland the next day, it isnt a problem. Fair enough if your in the Ekstraliga and its play off time they have practice on a saturday, but with respect to any PL riders riding in Poland, they arent going to be in the Ekstraliga.

Reading some comments from Poland emilali i think lot of top clubs now insist on their lads going to practice on a Saturday but not sure who Barker with so may or not be case.

Now thats an asset not listed in Berwicks asset list. I would have Norbi back like a shot, dont know if he ever paid John A. back the money he owed. I do know he paid me back and Cara House

Was he not a Peterborough rider

Reading some comments from Poland emilali i think lot of top clubs now insist on their lads going to practice on a Saturday but not sure who Barker with so may or not be case.

Was he not a Peterborough rider

Could have sworn Waity declared him as a Berwick asset

I dont think Magosi is a Berwick asset. Pretty sure he was owned by Peterborough.