British Speedway Forum

you guys are going to romp to the league in 2014. no kidding..

you guys are going to romp to the league in 2014. no kidding..

Someone's been at the Xmas sherry early

• Like 1

I think the lads have a great chance of winning some silverware next season, and as for Kennett, great signing!!! :t:

The obvious choice would have been Aspgren and Mellgren instead of Kennett and Lambert.

Morley and Lambert at reserve wouldn't cut the mustard I'm afraid.

We may be lucky and get a march start yet if the Raiders return!

I agree Mellgren and Aspgren would be stronger than Kennett and Lambert, but i won't blame them for siging two brits ahead of two swedes!

First Rockets meeting of the season is at Peterborough in the East of England Cup on 18th March, with the return leg at Rye on 29th March. Makes a change from Ipswich!!

First Rockets meeting of the season is at Peterborough in the East of England Cup on 18th March, with the return leg at Rye on 29th March. Makes a change from Ipswich!!

Might need your snow boots Shadders, that's an early start...

Might need your snow boots Shadders, that's an early start...

B4E and I have been to a couple of New Year Classics at Newport and the one at Poole in recent years, so I'm coming up prepared. Mind you, it's very open at Peterborough. I can imagine the wind blows in pretty cold across the fens. The coldest I've been at speedway is a March meeting at Mildenhall about 7 years ago where there was ice on the first bend terracing. This years Ben Fund meeting at Berwick was a close second. It was so cold I had to retreat to the Black & Gold before the final. I reckon 4 layers and a couple of flasks of hot soup will help, but not much Edited by Shadders

This years Ben Fund meeting at Berwick was a close second. It was so cold I had to retreat to the Black & Gold before the final. I reckon 4 layers and a couple of flasks of hot soup will help, but not much

So you joined the wimps did you :P

Interesting. Is this a 3 way competition? Seeing as Ipswich is the most easterly of those. Could be a good start to the season!

Edited by London Witch

So you joined the wimps did you :P

Joined them? I was leading them!!

Interesting. Is this a 3 way competition? Seeing as Ipswich is the most easterly of those. Could be a good start to the season!

Nothing about it on either the Panthers or Rockets websites as far as I can see. Personally I'd like to see a return to the old Easter Triangle meetings including all three sides

Edited by Shadders

Nothing about it on either the Panthers or Rockets websites as far as I can see. Personally I'd like to see a return to the old Easter Triangle meetings including all three sides

It's on the Rockets site now.

It's on the Rockets site now.

I saw that earlier Alan. Was thinking about a triangular competition involving Ipswich

I saw that earlier Alan. Was thinking about a triangular competition involving Ipswich

Ah, I see! I think it would have been mentioned if it was. Pity, I used to enjoy the Easter Triangle against Mildenhall and/or Peterborough and/or Ipswich. Team racing with team racing, rather than the 4s format.

Ah, I see! I think it would have been mentioned if it was. Pity, I used to enjoy the Easter Triangle against Mildenhall and/or Peterborough and/or Ipswich. Team racing with team racing, rather than the 4s format.

It's an interesting format. All seven riders involved with bumper attendances guaranteed. I remember meetings at Rye involving Hackney & Arena Essex in front of huge crowds. Easter AND Autumn triangles Edited by Shadders

Going back to what i think was probably the start of the three team tournaments in the seventies the meetings between Rye Peterborough and Mildenhall were one of the highlights of the season, six man teams over 18 Heats with three reserves races was alway great value and being at the season start were generally one of if not the best attended meetings of the season. A return of those meetings would be welcomed by me. That said its great to look forward to seeing the Rockets back at the EOE showground and memories of Mick Poole v Rasmussen are some of the best i have in speedway