British Speedway Forum

No Shadders Rob would do a good job at PL level. I think Garrity will be top drawer next season hopefully the hammers will sign him as a double up rider if that rule still exists in 2014.

Been supporting Rye since 76' not in love with the Silver family but one thing is obvious to all and that is that Len loves Rye House and as he once said ...whilst i am alive there will be Rye House speedway

Not too many tracks can boast three titles, two in three years. Maybe he listened to all those who hated the fact that we were winning by thirty points at home every week but it does seem that he has made every effort to have a side that is stronger away from home but at the detriment to home form which is where we are now. Gone as well was another thing that was in our favour with a strong home side and that was the bonus point. Yes he has put together decent teams to watch but lacking one rider who could have made the difference between mid table mediocrity and a play off side.

Given the appalling run of injuries that haven't helped, a failing in many eyes does appear to be his continued feeling of responsibility and loyalty towards his riders. Actually thats a plus to me. All in all would i settle for another year like this year in the knowledge that we would have continued speedway in years to come or do i want another Russell or Horton taking over with the promises? Well no contest is it.

Look around at other tracks that are begging for the fans to cough up some dosh for an airfence. Must be galling to not only get rid of the safest fence in the country but to have to spend big style to do it. Makes a mockery of all the claims he puts a team together on the cheap.

2014 will probably see the return of Boxall and Bowen,given how good they are around Rye not a bad thing at all. With more improvement from Garrity and the two Swedes continuing i think we already have the basis for an ok team. We need an out and out no1 that much is obvious, get that and retain Nelson i can't see what there is to moan about but sadly there are some that will find something to complain about until the track closes and then i suppose they will be happy.

Agree with a lot of what you have said, every year we hear clubs threatening to close if this or that doesn't happen. You never hear that from Len. This year some clubs are asking for donations towards their air fence or asking riders to ride free of charge to raise the money. Len says we had a good year last year so no need for the begging bowl. Why are so many Rye fans anti Len? He's guaranteed speedway for as long as he's alive that means operating within a budget perhaps if other promoters did the same their clubs wouldn't be under threat every year. As for paying peanuts, when Woffy signed for us when everybody expected him to sign for Sheffield Neil Machin said "Rye House beat him (Woffy) about the head with a cheque book" Don't thnk he said a bag of peanuts. Len has the respect of the riders read what Garrity says in this weeks Speedway Star and what Boxall has been saying all season.

• Like 1

Rob Mear? No thanks. No time or respect for him and he's quite frankly stolen a part time career as a speedway rider.

If it fits I'd expect to see and be happy with a side of Mellgren, Aspgren, Nelson, Bunyan, Boxall, Garrity and Bowen. Improvement in 5 of them with Garrity being good enough to become an out and out number one. Guaranteed two solid reserves all season too.

Only name there that I'd say isn't a shoe in is Luke who may have a year at Kent. Perhaps we'll see the young Aussie Jake Allen at Rye.

Rob Mear? No thanks. No time or respect for him and he's quite frankly stolen a part time career as a speedway rider.

If it fits I'd expect to see and be happy with a side of Mellgren, Aspgren, Nelson, Bunyan, Boxall, Garrity and Bowen. Improvement in 5 of them with Garrity being good enough to become an out and out number one. Guaranteed two solid reserves all season too.

Only name there that I'd say isn't a shoe in is Luke who may have a year at Kent. Perhaps we'll see the young Aussie Jake Allen at Rye.

Any relation to Tommy or Olly?

Silly Ben, that's a shocking side. Obviously a fan who likes Rye continuing to finish amongst the dregs every season.

Any relation to Tommy or Olly?

Doubt it Ian, can't say for certain though.

Silly Ben, that's a shocking side. Obviously a fan who likes Rye continuing to finish amongst the dregs every season.

5 riders capable of decent improvement, definitely not a bad side at all. Dominate at home and solid away. Let's see your seven then?

Key injuries ruined our season, but in truth wasting 2 team building points and the retaining of Simon Lambert didn't help whatsoever. At least we had a cup final, although nobody in their right mind thought we'd win it.

One rider I'd love to see in the side is Josh Grajczonek, but it won't happen.

• Like 1

Announced in the Hoddesdon and Broxbourne Mercury today.

As always Len is one of the first promoters to announce his team for next year. Dependant on decisions at promoters conference etc. The team will contain;

Anders Mellgren

Tyson Nelson

Jason Garritty

and most probably

Jason Bunyan

Steve Boxall

Luke Bowen

Leaving one place for the customary 'experimental/No hoper' :D

Looking ok but unless we have an injury free season and the seventh rider develops into a Tai or Eddie K next season I cant see us winning the league.

1. Anders Mellgren 7.33

2. Steve Boxall 5.69

3. Tyson Nelson 6.16

4. Jason Bunyan 5.80

5. 7.07

6. Luke Bowen 5.00

7. Jason Garrity 5.45

Not a bad team then.

Number five could be Rohan Tungate or a new assessed 7 rider.

1. Anders Mellgren 7.33

2. Steve Boxall 5.69

3. Tyson Nelson 6.16

4. Jason Bunyan 5.80

5. 7.07

6. Luke Bowen 5.00

7. Jason Garrity 5.45

Not a bad team then.

Number five could be Rohan Tungate or a new assessed 7 rider.

or with a lower points limit (38?) a 3 point rider.

or with a lower points limit (38?) a 3 point rider.

True i didn't think of that, i keep assuming that the limit will be 42.5.

1. Anders Mellgren 7.40

2. Jason Bunyan 5.86

3. Tyson Nelson 6.16

4. Steve Boxall 5.69

5. Pontus Aspgren 6.65

6. 5.29

7. Jason Garrity 5.45

:t:

Close enough :P

Announced in the Hoddesdon and Broxbourne Mercury today.

As always Len is one of the first promoters to announce his team for next year. Dependant on decisions at promoters conference etc. The team will contain;

Anders Mellgren

Tyson Nelson

Jason Garritty

and most probably

Jason Bunyan

Steve Boxall

Luke Bowen

Not far off - same old, same old as ever.

Edited by JC!

Jason Bunyan

Jason Garrity

Tyson Nelson

Anders Mellgren

Luke Bowen

Steve Boxall

Add to that a point scoring number 1 we have a very solid team.

dont bloody encourage him/her :)

they will need a weeks holday to edit the multitude of suggestions on various threads when the real limit is finally announced!