British Speedway Forum

who says the fans don't want the KOC?

The fans, by virtue of not turning up.

I agree that the KO Cup could be a quality tournament, but as with everything the BSPA touches it is poorly promoted and badly executed.

• Like 3

I personally love the KOC comp :-) It's like watching the playoffs every time or perhaps only twice if u get knocked out lol

• Like 2

Maybe the BSPA could sell the rights to the KOC to a company who might make a decent job of organising and running it?

Depending on the number of teams running in 2014, I think there'll be one set of League fixtures plus a KOC - the latter to be run early season, with a final in the summer!!

• Like 1

We have far too many interuptions to our domestic programme, the WTC takes out some of the potential better weather weeks in the year. I would like to see the KOC run at the begining of the year, and take priority over other fixtures, so that the final can be run early. The format being, No tactical substitute rides, Reserves must have four rides, unless injured, reserves, maximum of 5 rides only, over home & away legs, highest agregate score wins the round.

The K.O. Cup should be played out like the F.A.Cup...... with Elite and Premier clubs all in the hat with one off ties ....Allowing luck of the draw with the Final held at neutral track....

• Like 1

The K.O. Cup should be played out like the F.A.Cup...... with Elite and Premier clubs all in the hat with one off ties ....Allowing luck of the draw with the Final held at neutral track....

I like the idea of a one off final at a neutral track, make it a showpiece event and try to entice neutral fans to attend.
  • Like 2

Definitely in favour of an early KO cup - but what is happening to the tv deals. I assume europsport will not be interested if Sky drop it all.

You could run the KOC like the FA Cup, have early preliminary rounds (all prem league teams) when thats whittled down to say 4 teams, they then join the big guns in the draw, that way you might avoid the big elite league v prem league maulings.....

Use it as the start of season warm up meetings instead of pointless contrived friendlies... The final could be run the day after the British GP? If all qualifying could be completed, which may/may not be possible......

• Like 1

I like the idea of a one off final at a neutral track, make it a showpiece event and try to entice neutral fans to attend.

Great idea!! B)

And make the neutral track in the middle of the country aka coventry would be an ideal venue not the places like kings lynn & swindon surely that would increase the numbers attending !

And make the neutral track in the middle of the country aka coventry would be an ideal venue not the places like kings lynn & swindon surely that would increase the numbers attending !

As a Bees fan I wouldn't moan at that but I'd like so see it spread around to other tracks. Maybe decide a hosting track on who made the final?. If it was Cov v Wolves it would makes sense to hold it in Leicester or Brum for example.

Great ideas on here today re KO Cup etc. I hope the BSPA are taking note!!

You must be joking they couldn't give a jot

• Like 2

Why not have a KO Cup to start off the season and one leg only. Start with Round One with all the National League teams and the top three go forward to the next round which would then include all Premier League sides. All three National League teams to get home draws. Then six of these teams go through to the next round where once again the qualifiers get home draws again. Then a straight KO down to a two legged semi and final. As before the lower leagus get home preference. I think there would be good gates for some of these matches

• Like 4