British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Great Central

Stoke Potters V Iow Wightlink Islanders 24th August

This meeting is scheduled for tomorrow but will the weather be the winner? The forecast doesn't look that good.

Will the Potters claim their 1st league victory of the season, over an Islanders team which will be without Ben Hopwood who is out with a shoulder injury?

Rose for Reade & Chessell R/R for the Potters. Islanders have Hopwood R/R & Boxall for Perry.

I agree there bw, certainly making iow stronger with boxhall doesn't it.

I dont know how many, but it makes sense to use the best available guest, and Stevie B, is certainly the best available.

Not saying it doesn't make sense which of course it does but just saying makes iow stronger with boxhall instead of perry

Not a fully fit Perry if you look at his scores before he got injured. What is stranger is Rose from another contendingg team trying to take points off the IOW and therefore possibly helping KL go through. As with the Boxall situation Kent aren't in the running.

Edited by TMW

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Still looking for a texter. PM me here or the updates site

Thanks

Can anybody tell me how many times can I O W use Steve Boxhall its all looking a bit daft to me

Steve Boxall is a busy man. And showing how ridiculous the guest rider system is. He rides for IoW on Saturday and helps them boost their NL championship prospects. On Sunday he riders for Dudley Heathen and to help them in a similar cause at Buxton. Then on Monday he returns to his own side Kent Kings and will be trying to dent Dudley Heathens' championship prospects. But then we are talking about speedway and not a more serious minded sport! :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Guest

Stoke win 53-37. :party: :party:

Good to see Stoke win !!!!!! There had to be a turn in fortunes eventually.

Steve Boxall is a busy man. And showing how ridiculous the guest rider system is. He rides for IoW on Saturday and helps them boost their NL championship prospects. On Sunday he riders for Dudley Heathen and to help them in a similar cause at Buxton. Then on Monday he returns to his own side Kent Kings and will be trying to dent Dudley Heathens' championship prospects. But then we are talking about speedway and not a more serious minded sport! :icon_smile_clown:

Quite right Gustix,it is absolutely bonkers. :blink: :blink: :blink:

• Like 1

Quite right Gustix,it is absolutely bonkers. :blink: :blink: :blink:

So can you offer a sensible solution?