British Speedway Forum

Yes - but the British Leagues are so full of Foreigners that those BRITISH Premier League Riders do NOT get a chance in the Elite League to show what they can do. That is really my point. A Premier League Rider (British) would develop far quicker riding in a higher League. Only a limited number can do that these days because of the Foreigners.

This argument may be academic IF there is only one League next Season.

Just posted this on another topic page but seems relevant to your quote.

Bit difficult to answer as there are only about 42 British riders racing in the Elite & Premier Leagues. Out of a total of 161 riders.

• Like 1

Yes - but the British Leagues are so full of Foreigners that those BRITISH Premier League Riders do NOT get a chance in the Elite League to show what they can do.

Which BRITISH Premier League riders have not been given a chance in the Elite League this season?

Which BRITISH Premier League riders have not been given a chance in the Elite League this season?

I am talking about as a Full Time Team Member - NOT a Part Time Double Upper.

• Like 1

OK then, which BRITISH Premier League riders want to ride full time in the Elite League, but haven't been given the opportunity this season?

OK then, which BRITISH Premier League riders want to ride full time in the Elite League, but haven't been given the opportunity this season?

That question is impossible to answer - as I suspect you know.

I do not know how every British Rider in the Premier/National Leagues feel about moving up a Division, and I reckon you don't either Matt. (no offense meant).

• Like 1

TWK there are 5 Elite only riders, 10 D/U & 25 Premier League only?

• Like 1

TWK there are 5 Elite only riders, 10 D/U & 25 Premier League only?

Problem is - I don't know them to speak to in order that I might canvass their views. :wink::)

• Like 1

That question is impossible to answer - as I suspect you know.

I do not know how every British Rider in the Premier/National Leagues feel about moving up a Division, and I reckon you don't either Matt. (no offense meant).

But you are so adamant there foreign riders are preventing British riders gaining experience in the Elite League. I am curious who these British riders are.

The thing is TWK, almost all British riders (those that don't ride in Europe) want to ride in the EL & PL. There just isn't the finances available to be able to sustain EL speedway alone. I think I'm right in thinking that Eddie Kennett has even taken on a 2nd "real job" to help with finances.

I think the league structure needs to be worked around the race night's and try to avoid clashes. The UK needs to move away from racing every day of the week. It just can't continue.

Monday - UK

Tuesday - Sweden

Wednesday - Denmark

Thursday - UK

Friday - Denmark / Poland / SGP / Qualifiers practice

Saturday - SGP / Qualifiers

Sunday - Poland

Once you've established which clubs can do Monday or Thursday home matches is when we can look into a change in league structure.

If Glasgow can only do Sundays, Berwick Saturday's etc etc the North / South split is a none starter I'm afraid

Problem is - I don't know them to speak to in order that I might canvass their views. :wink::)

There’s 5 riding for Newcastle :t: (well 4 + RR for the other) on Sunday but none riding for Leicester :sad: .

Simple new structure for 2014..

"Top league" - 2 teams; Poole and Poole. No team points limit. Ride against each other every week for the whole season. Playoff final is guaranteed Poole v Poole. Sky cover all matches, which will be much cheaper for them, as they can just instal basic facilities and leave them there. Just need a nickname for the "other" Poole team.

"Second tier" - all tracks (except Poole) with airfences. No riders doubling-up with Poole allowed. Minimum number of British riders in each team. Maintain current team points limit.

"Third tier" - any other track, running outside the jurisdiction of FIM/SCB, "the dark side" - a "Pirate" league (not to be confused with Poole) largely amateur but payments can be made at promoters discretion, no team points limit, strictly unofficial, many riders using false identities to avoid lifetime bans from the other leagues, and any payment strictly in cash and handed over in an unlit car park.

• Like 3

Simple new structure for 2014..

"Top league" - 2 teams; Poole and Poole. No team points limit. Ride against each other every week for the whole season. Playoff final is guaranteed Poole v Poole. Sky cover all matches, which will be much cheaper for them, as they can just instal basic facilities and leave them there. Just need a nickname for the "other" Poole team.

"Second tier" - all tracks (except Poole) with airfences. No riders doubling-up with Poole allowed. Minimum number of British riders in each team. Maintain current team points limit.

"Third tier" - any other track, running outside the jurisdiction of FIM/SCB, "the dark side" - a "Pirate" league (not to be confused with Poole) largely amateur but payments can be made at promoters discretion, no team points limit, strictly unofficial, many riders using false identities to avoid lifetime bans from the other leagues, and any payment strictly in cash and handed over in an unlit car park.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But - NOT SUNDERLAND!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

• Like 1