British Speedway Forum

I know it's early doors but season almost over for the Scorpions, defending Champions, always a tall order, but as others have posted early 2014 teams here is mine,

Auty done well in EL & PL but just might benefit from extra rides in PL

Howe got his knockers but, to me, is an awesome rider & a snip at 7.23 or thereabouts

Klindt hope he stays with us as we gave him his chance to resurect his confidence

Birks as Howe Scorpion thro' his veins & move to EL has served him well. Does not need to learn small tracks so stay with us.

Jorgensen As above just cannot lose this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Douglas now showing the points scoring ability that Rob saw in him. Maybe behind Fricke but another snip in 2014

No 7 3 pointer soe of the above CMA's might drop & rise so 1 of the above might miss out but as Rob tried in 2013, continuity of the team is important, if the CMA's allow.

Josh Auty 7.93

David Howe 7.23

Ashley Birks 6.98

Thomas Jorgenson 6.89

Ryan Douglas 3.79

Lewis Blackbird 3.64

New Rider upto 6.04

Total 42.5

As for new rider's.... & please these are riders which will fit not which will necessarily be at the EWR

Tyson Nelson 5.99

MP Toft (with better bikes!) 5.34

Cameron Heeps 5.66

Mason Campton (not sure of hs CMA, just under 5.0 if I remember correctly.

Max Frike 6.0

Josh Auty 7.93

David Howe 7.23

Ashley Birks 6.98

Thomas Jorgenson 6.89

Ryan Douglas 3.79

Lewis Blackbird 3.64

New Rider upto 6.04

Total 42.5

As for new rider's.... & please these are riders which will fit not which will necessarily be at the EWR

Tyson Nelson 5.99

Cameron Heeps 5.66

Max Frike 6.0

you need to check your averages Lewis!!!!

Hi Montie, just took them form the BSPA greensheets, probably wrong, you have any proper ones?

Josh Auty 7.93

David Howe 7.23

Ashley Birks 6.98

Thomas Jorgenson 6.89

Ryan Douglas 3.79

Lewis Blackbird 3.64

New Rider upto 6.04

Total 42.5

Tyson Nelson 5.99

Cameron Heeps 5.66

Max Frike 6.0

No chance with Campton, he's Workington's asset and management and rider have already stated he is riding for Workington in 2014

• Like 1

Hi Montie, just took them form the BSPA greensheets, probably wrong, you have any proper ones?

Not complete as still Rye away to add and the amount of meetings is changing all the time to be included

[

Josh Auty 7.93

David Howe 7.23

Ashley Birks 6.98

Thomas Jorgenson 6.89

Ryan Douglas 3.79

Taken from BSPA site from 1/9

Auty 7.57

Howe 6.34

Klindt 7.07

Birks 7.16

Jorgy 6.28

Douglas 4.67

It was only the carry over of injuries & not hitting the peaks of tail end 2012 that but the doubts of what would happen in 2013, plus not realy knowing how our reserves would perform in 2013 that hampered our start in 2013 but this is a good base to start from in 2014.

Auty ave has droped but we know what he can do

Howe a snip if injuries have succumbed & upper body strength to improve

Klindt gave him his chance to ressurect his confidence & his final CMA might be about 7.4

Birks done well with move up to EL & deserves second season in double up role

Jorgy as like MPT rides with decent riders that can take points off him but can win important races. Another season a must.

Douglas as i thought was decent in Aussie but could not keep up with the progress made by Fricke & others. Towards the last few weeks surpassed them and supporters expectations. Nailed on for reserve in 2014.

• Like 1

Assuming David Howe retires ! and Ash Birks is available - we could do worse than Klindt - he is a talent

Auty

Tommy the Gun

Ash Birks

AN Other

An Other

Flyin' Ryan

Stefan Nielsen (who I believe is our asset and ludicrously shafted by Somerset)

I have opinions on 4/5 but not for sharing ;)

For the record i'd have MK back tomoro (no surpise there then lol)

• Like 1

If Scunny keep the 6 that finished the season, what points are left to replace Howe. Sorry in advance to David, but im not sure that you will be fit for the start of the season , or if you are planning on riding next year in the Premier League. If you are, then I wouldn't want to be picking the team, because nobody deserves to be left out in my opinion. The team that finished the season would have won the League if we had started with them in my opinion.

EC this thread is only for fun. We fans have to have something to talk about....the day fans stop talking speedway, they are no longer fans. Lets wait and see how many faithfulls will still be talking speedway after this extra long winter. ( due to our early finish to this season )

For me Josh is my 1st choice , I'd like to see Tommy the gun and Ash back.... Ryan come good in the end and deserves a place. I'd be happy with Blackbird too. I'm happy to wait and see who the other 2 will be ?

EC this thread is only for fun. We fans have to have something to talk about....the day fans stop talking speedway, they are no longer fans. Lets wait and see how many faithfulls will still be talking speedway after this extra long winter. ( due to our early finish to this season )

For me Josh is my 1st choice , I'd like to see Tommy the gun and Ash back.... Ryan come good in the end and deserves a place. I'd be happy with Blackbird too. I'm happy to wait and see who the other 2 will be ?

If it is a big league with those five with two others could be an attractive side will do well.

Nice to see you practising what you preach with British riders.

Nice to see you practising what you preach with British riders.

Seem to ignore that 3 of the 5 June would like back are English :P

Edited by Richard Hayes

Well that's the 1st one signed or anounced for 2014...............A tick for me please!

• Like 1