British Speedway Forum

looked at it 2 ways build using all the points but leaving out david howe or use david and leave a bit of scope for changes if he or anybody else gets injured.

with david

magnus 8.40

kyle newman 5.32

david 6.34

jorgy 6.15

josh 7.24

ryan 5.03

ollie greenwood 3.00

without david (using every last point)

magnus 8.40

jan graversen 5.25

sam masters 7.43

jorgy 6.15

josh 7.24

douglas 5.03

ollie 3.00

thoughts???

With Rob saying that Josh would not be at No. 1 I did wonder whether we might see MK back at the EWR. His form at the end of the season was great and I assume that he won't go with Leicester up to the top league.

Just needs Rob and Magnus to kiss and make up, aaaah !

Richie would be an excellent choice to bring back as our no 1. Maggs didn't like our track prep before so whats changed(even tho he had a great last meeting here for Leicester with David as his mechanic filling in at short notice. Rob said he would like Jorgy back. I would have David back without a doubt. He's too good to ride for anyone else plus even tho he has some doubters at scunny, most would feel like me, he's scunny thro & thro.

Hope all is going well in your recouperation David, as seen you are posting on here to keep us informed. Thank you.

An issue might be trying to get your reserves. Now, the top NL riders will be EL reserves so doing all 3 leagues might be a problem. This is where strength in depth might come into fruition with 1 strong & 1 weaker reserve but hoping he will develop.

Number 1 - 7.89
Josh Auty 7.24

David Howe 6.34
Thomas Jorgenson 6.15
Ryan Douglas 5.03
Lewis Blackbird 4.93
Palm Toft 4.92
Total 42.5

Fab to see Josh back - I've made no secret I'm my liking for his professionalism and entertainment - by his high standards he had a quiet ish 2013 he is a proud Yorkshireman and I would expect him to hit 2014 running and score highly. He will always give effort and is loved and loathed (by a few in receiving end) for his spirit, personally I like that in a racer, Auty is a winner. Reserve may be key - I get the strong/weaker argument and we could do worse then Blackbird if he fitted - he let nobody down and is well capable and cones without drama. Alternatively we could look to Olly Greenwood who is hugely talented though I would have preferred him to have had a good run in th NL injury free and scoring well. Stefan Neilsen ticks a lot if boxes and would be a coup. Ash Birks injury aside, had a superb season but has to be a doubt. By own admission David Howe went backwards but has to be an attractionin his average - he could be a trump card, if he's in it. Thomas is a must but he may wish for a look around elsewhere to freshen up, who knows, he's another who could reap rewards from an injury free campsign. Ryan is nailed on and deserves his spot. As for a number one - bring him on ! Exciting times lie ahead methinks

Fab to see Josh back - I've made no secret I'm my liking for his professionalism and entertainment - by his high standards he had a quiet ish 2013 he is a proud Yorkshireman and I would expect him to hit 2014 running and score highly. He will always give effort and is loved and loathed (by a few in receiving end) for his spirit, personally I like that in a racer, Auty is a winner. Reserve may be key - I get the strong/weaker argument and we could do worse then Blackbird if he fitted - he let nobody down and is well capable and cones without drama. Alternatively we could look to Olly Greenwood who is hugely talented though I would have preferred him to have had a good run in th NL injury free and scoring well. Stefan Neilsen ticks a lot if boxes and would be a coup. Ash Birks injury aside, had a superb season but has to be a doubt. By own admission David Howe went backwards but has to be an attractionin his average - he could be a trump card, if he's in it. Thomas is a must but he may wish for a look around elsewhere to freshen up, who knows, he's another who could reap rewards from an injury free campsign. Ryan is nailed on and deserves his spot. As for a number one - bring him on ! Exciting times lie ahead methinks

• Like 1

Rob Godfrey interviewed in the local rag is hoping to have the team finalised next week, all going well. Some clues given - Josh Auty to be #3 in the averages & Douglas at reserve mmmmm A bit like Soduko this LOL

1. ?
2. ?

3. Josh Auty 7.24
4. ?
5. ?

6. Ryan Douglas 5.03
7. ?

So I think #4 & #5 will around the 5-6 pt mark, with #7 being a possible 3 pointer..... Really haven't got the foggiest , wonder if Rob is on the wind up?

Think Jorgensen & Blackbird did enough to be in this years team. Looking at the team with Auty at 3 & Douglas at reserve, this seems unlikely.

Think Jorgensen & Blackbird did enough to be in this years team. Looking at the team with Auty at 3 & Douglas at reserve, this seems unlikely.

I think your right, I would be slightly disappointed not too see Jorgy & Lewis back, they both have massive potential. I do have a sneaky suspicion that Sam Masters maybe back after riding for us during the last few fixtures in 2012.

Rob Godfrey interviewed in the local rag is hoping to have the team finalised next week, all going well. Some clues given - Josh Auty to be #3 in the averages & Douglas at reserve mmmmm A bit like Soduko this LOL

1. ?

2. ?

3. Josh Auty 7.24

4. ?

5. ?

6. Ryan Douglas 5.03

7. ?

So I think #4 & #5 will around the 5-6 pt mark, with #7 being a possible 3 pointer..... Really haven't got the foggiest , wonder if Rob is on the wind up?

Maybe

1. Richie Worrall 8.64

2. Jan Graversen 5.25

3. Josh Auty 7.24

4. Tero Aarnio 6.86

5. Sam Masters 7.43

6. 3.00

7. Ryan Douglas 5.03

It does seem harsh on Jorgy, Howe & Blackbird though! I hope I'm wrong because that doesn't look league winning, but I noticed Richie tweeted that he's sorted a British team for 2014.

Graversen is good round Leicester but not many other places. If he signed his average would drop in my opinion. Not that I think he will be considered.

I think your right, I would be slightly disappointed not too see Jorgy & Lewis back, they both have massive potential. I do have a sneaky suspicion that Sam Masters maybe back after riding for us during the last few fixtures in 2012.

What average would Sam come in on ?

Islander......No way we leave Thomas Jogensen out of the team. This year I think he'll be chasing the No 1 Race jacket, along with a couple of the others.!!!

• Like 1

Wonder if it could be Birks (7.33) & Masters(7.43) above Auty in the averages? Initially it was thought Birks could be out until after the season started but it appears he is progressing really well with his recovery.

Even Melgren comes into play on a 7.33 average.

• Like 1